test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with cw pvp crit rating/Eots.

baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Library
I am used to playing melee, where you don't have to worry about as many stats (imo)

My problem is crit strike compared to Eots in pvp
My stats are
power 3.4k
Critical strike 649
Arp 2.3k
Recovery 3.3k

Now I hear people saying you want 2k crit rating as well as having eots, but I really can't see how you can have a decent 4 stats all at this sort of level, for me to up my crit, I would have to lower another stat, I use high viz set, ancient weapons and 2 blue rings+amulet for maximum stats on recovery/arp etc and offensive slot, with rank 8's in enchants (1 space free though to still enchant, but that would only be 260 worth)

So can anyone confirm do you as a pvp cw need 2k crit rating when using eots?
And if so, where are you lowering to compensate.
And also where should my last enchant go towards, as it will be rank 8.
Post edited by baddobb1 on

Comments

• natehaxnatehax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm also using a similar gearset. I would strongly recommend dropping the blue arpen rings for pyrotechnic bands. You can easily afford to lose a decent amount of arpen without dropping your effectiveness in pvp, as you are likely over the cap against TRs and other CWs. Your unbuffed recovery also seems high. You shouldn't need to gem it at all. Look into replacing your dark enchants with equivalent savage enchants if it is cost effective.

Another note, if you are greater than 33% ish base crit, chilling presence starts to scale exponentially better than EotS provided you can cycle chill strike, icy rays, and either chilling cloud or ray of frost (even in PvP).
    Jeger - 60 - CW - Mind Flayer

"Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time." -Last words
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I guess there is nothing to confirm. EotS procs are procs, so you won't always have them up and running. So, although stacking Crit isn't a good idea, having a healthy Crit chance, is.

Personally, I would never go higher than 30% if I slotted EoTS, but I wouldn't go lower than 20% also.
    I am at 3,100 Power, 2,100 ArmPen, 1100 Critical and 2,300 Recovery with T1 PvP set. So I guess I missed Recovery for Critical. Never had a problem with damage output.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    EotS procs quite often, but sometimes it will proc on your final encounter and then you are left with just magic missile or ray of frost crits heh. If you put that last R8 as an azure you would be a little over 900 crit, if your Cha is high enough that probably wouldn't be a problem. I would say if anything you could drop some recovery, possibly from rings/amulet and get more crit. I'm guessing you have 133 recovery on each so if you got pyrotecnic bands and ancient excorcist neck you would gain a ton of crit and could socket all those with ArP.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I guess there is nothing to confirm. EotS procs are procs, so you won't always have them up and running. So, although stacking Crit isn't a good idea, having a healthy Crit chance, is.

Personally, I would never go higher than 30% if I slotted EoTS, but I wouldn't go lower than 20% also.
    I am at 3,100 Power, 2,100 ArmPen, 1100 Critical and 2,300 Recovery with T1 PvP set. So I guess I missed Recovery for Critical. Never had a problem with damage output.

Agreed with Blinkbeard. I've found anything less than 30%, your chance to crit goes to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. 30% or over with EoTS is an excellent crit rate.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • kr1stokr1sto Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe you should try 2 piece of HV and SW :)
  • kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    You can reach 30% Crit chance with 900 Crit stat. Stack CHA :)