test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Boon for DC

rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Temple
Just wondering what poeple are choosing for the boons

Elven Haste for 2% AP gain

or

Feywild Fortitude for +700 health

I use full Miracle Healer set so extra health sounds nice, but on the other hand, since sunburst got nerfed, I could use a boost to AP gain.
Post edited by rnewton8 on

Comments

• rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    i decided to go with 2% AP gain due to fact that i was lacking AP gen more than i needed any extra HP or survivability.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I just tested whether it added 2% of your AP gain bonus, or a +2 to your AP gain. Turned out to be the latter one. Which I must say kind of amazed me, but enough of that.

So, one of them adds 700 HP which based on enchantments equals 175 recovery. (HP is always 4x as high as the other stats.)
    The other one adds 2% AP gain which, assuming you're at around 2.5k recovery already, would require around 400 recovery.

The problem with comparing these two tho are that the first one is affected by feats and Constitution, while the second one also would give 2% recharge speed in addition to the AP gain from that amount of recovery.

Exactly the same problems appears when you try to use 2 points in Con contra Cha to find a solution, 2 Con would give around 750-900 HP depending on build. But 2 Cha also gives 2% recharge speed (the other two stats from Cha won't be noticeable at all at 2 Cha more or less, so we ignore them.)

Basically, take what you need/want, they're balanced in the sense that the difference between their strength is small enough for it becoming close to impossible to compare them. I went for HP, as well, I still need to get rid of like 1k recovery, at least, to reach desired levels.
    Wizard.jpg
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Just quoting myself from there:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?498601-4th-Boon
    'd choose power, crit, AP, heal and stamina bonus, the others seem kinda senseless to me as cleric...

Defense and deflect arent that important to me, also 2% faster AP gain is betten than that small HP amount in my opinion, also I think having a bit better selfheal is better than that bit of dmg as cleric, I'd say - on other classes I'd choose DMG.

On 5th, that potion buff is just kinda low, may for a tank usefull, but as cleric who gets on (almost) every spell selfheal, deflect rate is way to low on common PvE gaming.
    So faster stamina regen and that power boon are left...
    Dunno if the power boon works that nice as cleric, since kill-o-meter is low mostly - having a faster stamina reggen should work fine...

gotta add:
    The 700HP raise your GS a little bit.
    But I've played with Holy Fevor already before, since I got that 2% AP additionally it feels much more faster... (Got 11% from CHA, 15% from Holy Fevor and 2% from that boon, dont know how the math looks behind, but compared to my other cleric running other stats and class features it feels like twice a fast...)

Edit:
    Just checked the AP thing:
    +33.5 by attributs
    +17.3 by buffs
    +50.8% in total
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've gone all the opposite so far. Defense, deflect, +700 HP. Rank 4 will be very blah either way - one minute cooldown for a micro heal or damage (400 - wooo hooo). Rank 5 fey thistle all the way to leverage my high deflect - unless there's a cooldown on that as well. If there is, the 10% stam sounds better.
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    AP all the time.
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    +HP.

Many powers and feats synergize with max HP, so you get even more value out of +HP than just the obvious. Gaining AP as a DC isn't exactly difficult even after the Sunburst rework.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I figure if I need MOAR HP I can always equip for it. Ain't nothing that you can wear that gives straight-up +AP%.

Also, of course, 700HP vs my ...what, 22k HP is a 3.2% increase, whereas 2% AP gain vs my current 35% (or 50% with holy fervour) AP gain is a 5.7% increase (or 4% w/HolyF).

If I'd stacked HP (which I can of course still do), more HP from boons would be even less beneficial.
  • rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I did end up going with the AP gain and I can notice a difference.

Having a Full Miracle did make the HP gain seem attractive, since it would increase healing output from the MH set bonus, but like others have said, it comes down to what u need the most. My healing output is good, and the increase healing from adding 700 HP to a MH set bonus wouldn't be enough to do anything. And with sunburst nerf, everyone needs more AP gain, especially those of us using Feated Hallowed Ground builds for max heals.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    I figure if I need MOAR HP I can always equip for it. Ain't nothing that you can wear that gives straight-up +AP%.

Also, of course, 700HP vs my ...what, 22k HP is a 3.2% increase, whereas 2% AP gain vs my current 35% (or 50% with holy fervour) AP gain is a 5.7% increase (or 4% w/HolyF).

If I'd stacked HP (which I can of course still do), more HP from boons would be even less beneficial.

I work it the opposite; I used the HP boon to justify removing one of my defensive Radiant enchants since it made up for at least some of the loss, then I slotted Silvery instead. More HP makes Divine Armor, Miracle Healer, Healing Step, and Holy Resolve ALL work better, which I love. Obviously I use all of the above.

I can't imagine using Holy Fervor for anything, so your mileage might be varying since you run it. I just don't see how anyone could tell a difference with just 2% additional AP gain. Then again, I suppose you could argue the same for the 700 HP, but I'll take all the HP I can get.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For PvP, 700 hp is best. This helps you avoid getting killed by rogues instantly.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    defense, deflect, hp all the way. free 700hp is free 700hp even with 30k hp. Too many things revolve around hp, mostly regen and MH to really consider the ap gain. I have zero problems gaining ap anyway.
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    For PvP, 700 hp is best. This helps you avoid getting killed by rogues instantly.

Eh?
    700hp can't save against burst damage :P

I think it's a choice that depends by the playstyle:
    - tanky DC: hp
    - others: AP
    firmaconsiglio.gif
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I don't think it's a case of "zero problems gaining AP", so much as "moar AP is always gud".

Unless you're able to maintain HG/DA 100% of the time, which was only barely possible pre-SB nerf (for me, at least), then getting AP faster is always going to be nice.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    On my final boon now... Thinking 10% pot heals or 10% battle stamina for faster dodges... thoughts?
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    On my final boon now... Thinking 10% pot heals or 10% battle stamina for faster dodges... thoughts?

I'm going with extra stamina, not many ways to increase stamina and don't think 10% from heal pots will be noticable
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Well +10% will be +850 on the big ones. from 8500hp to 9250hp...
    (Makes a plus of 70.33hp/sec...)

In my opinion a faster/earlier dodge may safes a potion or more... so that little buff is waste, or to say in other words: +850hp every 12 seconds, that you mostly won't need are waste compared to others...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    craeh1 wrote: »
    Well +10% will be +850 on the big ones. from 8500hp to 9250hp...
    (Makes a plus of 70.33hp/sec...)

In my opinion a faster/earlier dodge may safes a potion or more... so that little buff is waste, or to say in other words: +850hp every 12 seconds, that you mostly won't need are waste compared to others...

So, I did a little math and decided that the faster Dodge is not going to save much time and went with the 10% potion heals.

That 10% alone is rarely going to be useful as it is just regenerating 10% faster... which for me equates to 0.03 seconds faster availability of a dodge. In a relative manner, the lag from most people's desktop PC's to the server is barely better than that (1ms or 0.001 second average lag for every 1k miles non-optic line travel).

Point I am trying to make is that the 10% alone is rather useless. Not entirely, but really unnoticable unless you have a strength of 20 to compensate it (gives +10% stamina regeneration or +1% regen per point of strength above 10) and I think it would be better overall if people with a low STR stat use a different boon.

FYI:
    Major Potion of Healing = 8500 + (X/8500*10/100) = 8500 + 850 = 9350 with 10% boon.
    Major Potion of Rejuvenation = 1214 every 2 for 12 seconds. 1509 HP every 2 for 12 seconds with 10% boon.

Considering the frequency in which one needs to dodge versus the need to pot up, I took the 10% health potion boon. Besides... it works in PvP too hehe (1,100HP for 5sec VS 1,000HP for 5sec).
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering the frequency in which one needs to dodge versus the need to pot up, I took the 10% health potion boon. Besides... it works in PvP too hehe (1,100HP for 5sec VS 1,000HP for 5sec).
    yeah i'm the opposite. I took the 10% stamina because i never use pots on my DC. It's the only class that needs pots less than GF and GF are already basically immortal, only use pots for a buffer while fighter's recovery is activating, and that's only if the server is being laggy usually don't need it. On my DC I think i've used 3 pots total on the last 10 draco runs.

I do dodge all the time though, so yeah dodge is better. already have 20 strength so the extra 10% is nice and additive.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My DC also has 20 or 21 str (don't remember), so I've been having a waffle on which boon to pick when I finally get there. She's always out of stamina so another +10% sounds helpful, but 10% isn't really a whole lot on its own. Is it really worth it if your DC's strength is at least 20?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited October 2013
    Do you use pots? Often? (not sure what you are doing wrong if you answer yes to this question)

if no, then stamina regen is the only worthwhile boon. Don't kill enough to stack/maintain the power buff, Even with decent deflect (i'm not some pvp deflect build, just 11% from stacking defensive stuff that also has deflect on it) don't get hit/deflect enough to make deflect worthwhile.

with 20% stamina regen my DC still isn't quite 3 dodge CW level dodginess but it feels close. like a second or 2 off from the default CW without any stamina improving feats/boons. I haven't busted out a stop watch to compare it or anything, just feels like it's close.
    edited October 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    My DC also has 20 or 21 str (don't remember), so I've been having a waffle on which boon to pick when I finally get there................. Is it really worth it if your DC's strength is at least 20?

To make it short and sweet: YES!

If you have a 20 or higher Strength, you are getting +10% Stamina Regen already. However, as I stated... "10% alone isn't enough". Not enough to notice anyway. Adding the additional 10% does make a difference however.
    Do you use pots? Often?
    PvP, yes. PvE... Only when I go CN, SP or DV dungeoning. I just prefer it more than the strafe for the build I have (also due to having less than 20 STR).
    edited October 2013
    I always feel like using pots in PvP goes against the spirit of the thing.

(possibly this is another reason I'm not great at PvP)

But yeah: I'd go stamina all the way. I use pots so rarely that I almost forgot I could do it: "Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I'm on 10% health and all my heals are on cooldown! What can I do???? Oh, wait."