test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo endgame grind

nanners#9564 nanners Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello everyone,

Coming from a 10year RPG/RTS player, this is my first MMO and iv been given to understand how much there is to group play in this type of game, although i always thought MMO just means u will see a lot of fellow players fighting alongside during your own adventure. Just like many of you have reached endgame, apart from doing a few dailies or campaigns once a day (which do not drop epic gear), all i can do is to farm epic dungeons. The truth is, it's hard for me to organize parties with like-minded players sometimes, random queue pop or zone shout mainly lands me with none-social or team unfriendly players, which i find the gaming experience very frustrating.

I'm not sure if petitions are allowed here but i strongly feel, given the fact there are less and less players nowadays even after the shards merge, group play should be an option rather than an obligation.

Whats your opinion on this?
Post edited by nanners#9564 on

Comments

• Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    i agree. and the way to fix it is to remove AD daily CAP from refine.
    so solo players, or plays who dont have time for dungeons, or find groups can make ad doing more dailies and pvp...
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    I would not wish to interfere with opportunities for those that prefer to group, but similar opportunities for advancement would be welcome to me as a primarily solo player. I think the Foundry is a very enjoyable avenue for solo players to take. That said, time investment varies greatly between quests and rewards do not currently seem to scale with that investment. For example you can complete the daily by doing four, quick 15 minute runs, but many wonderful story quests take 30 minutes or more to complete. The reward is 4,000 AD regardless.

I would also love to see solo versions of the dungeons, so that I could collect lore and experience the capstone quests in adventure zones.
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    Guild Wars had a nice solution for this problem: heroes and henchmen.

In this game: make the companions stronger and allow a player to form a group with 4 or 5 of them.
    This could also be a source of income for Cryptic
  • Options
    rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    nanomidgy wrote: »
    i always thought MMO just means u will see a lot of fellow players fighting alongside during your own adventure

That's what it was SUPPOSED to be, then WoW came along and WoW players started infecting the entire MMO genre with their playstyle - gear-based, B2W, party-focus, PvP > PvE, etc - and all MMOs went to sh$t.

Ah, back when games like Old RuneScape were popular and you could solo everything... <3
  • Options
    rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    True, but WoW was the more popular one. EQ started the bastardization but WoW made it popular.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello everyone,

Coming from a 10year RPG/RTS player, this is my first MMO and iv been given to understand how much there is to group play in this type of game, although i always thought MMO just means u will see a lot of fellow players fighting alongside during your own adventure. Just like many of you have reached endgame, apart from doing a few dailies or campaigns once a day (which do not drop epic gear), all i can do is to farm epic dungeons. The truth is, it's hard for me to organize parties with like-minded players sometimes, random queue pop or zone shout mainly lands me with none-social or team unfriendly players, which i find the gaming experience very frustrating.

I'm not sure if petitions are allowed here but i strongly feel, given the fact there are less and less players nowadays even after the shards merge, group play should be an option rather than an obligation.

Whats your opinion on this?

like in real life, uhh how to call it gently, people with less developed minds ? are everywhere ;p
    can give examples of my experiences but not worth to think or talk about.
    internet shows that stuf a little faster because people don`t see the other. and have less borders then to hold them from acting like .. hehe :D

i `d like to play those dungeons also alone :D but how am i going to controll 5 chars at once ;p
    i mean, if it was build in the game.
    play same dungeons as 5 mans alone is kind of just not meant to be :D
    no mather how much i`d love to see the option ;p
  • Options
    nanners#9564 nanners Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guild Wars had a nice solution for this problem: heroes and henchmen.

wilmawuchtig, cld you pls explain more about it?

Yes, i suppse so. Guys do u think they will ever think about implementing solo grind dungeons in this game at all?
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wilmawuchtig, cld you pls explain more about it?

Yes, i suppse so. Guys do u think they will ever think about implementing solo grind dungeons in this game at all?

They already have it in this game.

They are called Foundries

You can solo from 1-60, and farm Foundries till your fingers bleed ...all by yourself
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    They already have it in this game.

They are called Foundries

You can solo from 1-60, and farm Foundries till your fingers bleed ...all by yourself
    Or you could go play a better game instead.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or you could go play a better game instead.

If you have found a game that you like so much more, then why aren't you playing it instead of hanging out here and trolling the forums?

Unless you think that trolling forums is more fun than playing that other game. If that is the case, then your idea of "fun" isn't something that I will take much stock in.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's funny how stating facts is considered trolling now.

Oh no wait, that's not funny, that's ****ing ridiculous.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    snip...

what facts? you so eloquently stated "go play something else" that's "better" than this. that sounds like your opinion and without any constructive criticism.

if you want people to take your opinion seriously, you can't just say "this sucks". why does it suck? how can it not suck? because when you don't provide additional information, people just assume that you're only trying to get a rise out of others and put zero stock in your opinion.