test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is It Possible To Get Rid Of Automatic Emote Posts?

prettyceltprettycelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 777 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there a way to go into the Cryptic Neverwinter folders and delete the "auto" posts associated with some emotes? For instance, when you do /shrug it will post "Who knows?" in the chat line, or when you /sit it will automatically say "(character name) takes a seat."

Seems there has to be some way to delete those posts and just do the action itself. In other MMO's I've used a "scripts" folder in the main game folder, and the game reads that as a default, but I've seen no such thing in NW.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You might look under Chat Options or something and see if there's a separate category for things like that. I know you can enable or disable the display of loot rolls and other things.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Use emote_notext. For instance, griefers in Moonstone Mask kept jumping on me to make me stand up, so I bound the 'v' key to emote_notext sit so I could sit down immediately when they moved without having to fill the chat up with "so-and-so takes a seat".
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Awesome, how do I bind a key?

/bind key "command goes here"

'key' can be any key on the keyboard, (though some are reserved and can't be used).

'command' is any of the console commands, plus their arguments, (do a search for console command list or check the wiki).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So... " /bind v emote notext "? (If I wanted to use the V key?)

Almost. Try:

/bind v "emote_notext sit"
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Almost. Try:

/bind v "emote_notext sit"

Close, but no quotes around the emote.

/bind v emote_notext sit
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So you'd have to go through and basically do this for each emote in the game? I had just typed /bind v emote_notext (without the 'sit' at the end) and it seemed to work intermittently, i.e. the first time I'd sit the text would post, then subsequently not, until I moved very far or zoned, then it would be back to posting.

I've experienced an issue w/ binds where they sometimes type in the key you have the command mapped to, (in this case v). Also try retyping the bind, but with a space between the last word of it and before the close-quote.