test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you report ninja looters?

captainsmash21captainsmash21 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey I was just doing the Caverns of Karrundax and after about one and a half hours we downed the last boss. A purple shield dropped and as I was the only Guardian Fighter I figured it was for me, instead one of the Control Wizards rolled need and won, refused to speak to me or give it to me and simply left probably to go sell it. How do you report players like this and is there any chance I could get that item back?

Removed their tag from this post.
Post edited by captainsmash21 on

Comments

• mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. you can't name people on the forums. It's against the rules.
    2. there isn't a place to report such people as doing what they did (while ******y) is not against the rules.
    3. I'm sorry for what happened to you.
  • captainsmash21captainsmash21 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you're saying I could just go out and ninja loot every group and be unpunished? What a joke.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So you're saying I could just go out and ninja loot every group and be unpunished? What a joke.
    Sadly it isn't against the rules. So it's up to the community to implement consequences. That would mean having a community forum to list said "ninja looters" and having people not group with them.

But consider that only maybe 15% of the players even visit the OFFICIAL forums......
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't PUG. Ever. The mediocrity and the hassle you will inevitably encounter just makes it not worth it in the long run.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Welcome to Neverwinter. Enjoy the ride. Please be certain to buy extra Vaseline in the zen shop to ease the pain! :o
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes.It's up to you.
    You can be the party leader and kick your whole party as you are about to kill last boss and get all the loot for yourself.
    You can kick other people in PVP if you believe you are going to loose and want it to go faster.

I am actually surprised that this /except pvp kick/ has not happened to me yet.
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    You can't and it is working as intended. This game is dead
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you get a party via the chat its less likely that a ninjaing occurs however you risk getting banned[hate spam reported] if other people of your class are searching for a party as well, or if you do not find party after writing 2-3 times.
  • criptoniccriptonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

well you figured wrong cuz they can roll for anything and if they win its up to them what they want to do with the item ..
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The devs have said they are looking into fixing a number of these problems, but when they will be fixed is unknown. It could be this week or it could be months from now.

As far as the game is dead comment, this comment has been said in most MMOs and they are still here years later. It was probably even said when WoW first came out. It basically has no meaning.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Welcome to Neverwinter. Enjoy the ride. Please be certain to buy extra Vaseline in the zen shop to ease the pain! :o

The vaseline is overpriced. And, it won't fit in my bags since they are full. Some of us just can't get a break.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Just thought I'd add a personal experience. I had a purple item drop...exactly the same situation. I was a guardian fighter, the wizard nicked it and left the match. I found the wizard in Protectors Conc. and confronted him. Turns out he had a guardian fighter he is also levelling up and had taken it for that character. Also, he did not notice my texts in the dungeon as he was so excited about the find. He was very apologetic and even offered me astral diamonds. I refused as I thought his explanation was complete justified. Considering this, I am not sure if the term 'ninja looter' should become synonymous with evil intent. Anyway, just food for thought.
  • beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    You can't and it is working as intended. This game is dead

Are you serious?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    KAMA

You got to love it. Started run, party explained rules, 1st boss rogue item all greed except rogue who wins item. Cruising along chest opened blue unidentified item dropped. All rolled greed rogue rolled need. He thinks its funny and goes i dont trust anyone else and always roll need. Thinks its funny we all rolled greed on first item. 2nd boss downed - EPIC knife drops we all discuss and said stuff it and rolled need. I win item. Rogue cries all rest of the run. I tell him his tears taste sweet.

If he hadnt needed the blue he would have gotten both items.

This was on the back of the run b4 where GWF needs and ninjas and logs. Got a replacement explained need greed etc rolls need as well and ninjas item at end of run and logs...

People are $&9sh)$&$

Why cant the devs make need roll bind on pickup. Roll on greed bind on equip. It cant be that hard. Too many times i see classes rolling need and they already have the item equiped. You call them out about they say i have a friend blah blah blah. Need rolls must bind item and purple items sell for 1 copper. No nijas then for any reason its worth nothing to them to steal.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just thought I'd add a personal experience. I had a purple item drop...exactly the same situation. I was a guardian fighter, the wizard nicked it and left the match. I found the wizard in Protectors Conc. and confronted him. Turns out he had a guardian fighter he is also levelling up and had taken it for that character. Also, he did not notice my texts in the dungeon as he was so excited about the find. He was very apologetic and even offered me astral diamonds. I refused as I thought his explanation was complete justified. Considering this, I am not sure if the term 'ninja looter' should become synonymous with evil intent. Anyway, just food for thought.

And you believed him. Why didnt he give you the item if its was straight after. You got suckered twice.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

He still shouldnt have rolled need on it because his gf wasnt in the dungeon but yours was. Gearing a future alt at others expense is bad manners imo unless he stated his intentions from the get go.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What i do is after that first epic drop ill look at the roll results and see if there are any ninjas in group. If not you have a quality group and all will get what is coming to them. If so, just need your way through the rest of the dungeon with no regard for other party members.
  • captainsmash21captainsmash21 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh he knew what he did. I sent him a couple non-ragey pm's asking for it since I was the only GF in the party, and I opened a trade with him. He cancelled trade, didn't reply to anything and logged off.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While it is a breach of etiquette, it is not a breach of any rules. Any ticket submitted would be laughed at, then the person reporting would be sent a canned response email about not being able to respond due to severe ticket influx.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • ninjabootfrninjabootfr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you have the star just boot the greedy bugger at the end before he can get his dd chest
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing how much the concept of NBG has brain-damaged MMO players.

Should just be Roll/Pass.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

We're aware of the current limitations of the party loot system and have some updates in the works. I don't know the precise details, but I do know that it's on the list of short term action items. At the same time, making friends and grouping with people you know, work well with, and trust, is the best way to ensure that you have an enjoyable group experience. Automated systems can only go so far when it comes to mandating that people treat each other with respect. :)

Thanks!

Dezstravus
  • h0dorh0dor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think I'm about to ragequit doing CN runs with pugs. It seems like every other run there is some jerk ninja-er after we agree at the start to greed on Draco's drop. I have a personal list of about a dozen people who have done this. Today a punk actually kicked everyone in the group right after the cutscene so he would have a better chance to win the item (he won too...awesome).

I would love needing to be removed completely and have automatic rolls. The need option only helps dishonest players and they will never learn to become honest if they're never punished for their bad behavior. Sure there have been times I've been tempted to roll need on an item I've been trying to farm for weeks...but have I ever? No. If I ever accidentally hit need I would make sure that the other players receive their fair share of AD after the sale of the item.
  • sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    I am confused how Wizard can roll for a Purple shield? Unless the leader changed the roll system at the beginning only the class that can use it should have the need option.
    Anyway that definitely sucks.

I had somewhat of an opposite thing happen and that is I rolled need on helm at the end of spell plague that completed my set and then got kicked for doing so. Really had no idea all greed rolls applied to even an item that completed a set for a party member.

People definitely need some lessons in communication in mmos but that is never going to happen since it is so anonymous.
  • stash111stash111 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    this thread is old and the needing has been patched
  • gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The whole DD system just brings out the worst in people. OP loot, but not enough for everybody. I can see putting OP mobs there to protect OP loot. Mobs that make party wipes a real threat are fine, but the grind just seems endless, with spawn after spawn of steroid adds. There is too much at risk, too much effort required, and all of a sudden it's not a game anymore. Even in many preformed teams cheating, ninja looting, and rage/quits are far too common.

Que teams can be beyond awful. There is simply no reason or excuse for a leader for a que team. Too many players will refuse to join if they aren't the first pick, because all they want is the star. I've seen them join and quit almost instantly when they see they still didn't get it. They don't even stay to see the final composition or GSs. just BAM. Gone. Players get kicked at the last boss, because they won't cheat, or because they speak up about loot issues. The 'privileged' selection classes, DC and GF, will often quit almost immediately if they don't like how the dungeon is progressing. Every now and then, a que team actually finishes, but by and large it's a FUSTERCLUCK.

Que teams should be leaderless and impartial as to class. The loot system should be both beyond player influence and set so that EVERY player who finishes gets something to make these difficult runs worth their time. This includes BOP. Scrapping a piece of BOP junk is not worth the time it takes to get it. Most of the people who like BOP are already BIS.

If the GMs here want to wash their hands of group problems and do nothing unless its a major exploit, then they need to find a way to prevent bad players and griefers from ruining the experience for others.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Egads, Turn Undead anyone?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.