test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor enchant suggestion

arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
There aren't to many armor enchants really worth slotting, mainly because of their 60 second CD, but not to many of them appeal to me to much except for the Soulforged, Barkshield, and Elven Battle (which needs to be looked at, because it doesn't always appear to work). There are other good ones too but, not to many.

What about an Armor enchant that increases your Deflect Severity, like a backwards vorpal.
Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
Post edited by arcmoon99 on

Comments

• gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    i would love that "backward vorpal he he" its an interesting idea.
    i think negation is awesome too, even with 7sec duration. but is 25% dr.
    after that i like barkshield, then soulforged, finally bloodtheft (seems broken, so sometimes it proc multiple times instead only the ONE said in the description)
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • lifesimageslifesimages Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was actually just thinking about this.

I would love a Deflect Severity bonus, like backwards Vorpal. There doesn't seem to be enough ways to block damage. I've seen rogues with GTene and PVorp absolutely destroy people, even from stealth.

I played a game earlier today where I was crit almost every time I was hit. And with ArP, my Damage Resistance is almost useless. I'm a cleric with 35% damage resist, but still eat 15-20k lashing blades from an "over"geared rogue.

A reducing crit chance or crit severity on you would be fantastic too.

I roll with Elven Battle (normal) right now, and I can attest that it does not seem to work, I'd say ever. I get CC'd the same amount in my Miracle Healer (elven battle) and in my Fabled Ilyanbruen (Loamweave).

Some more defensive enchants would be stellar! (make it so Sent GWF's cant use them though :P)
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was actually just thinking about this.

I would love a Deflect Severity bonus, like backwards Vorpal. There doesn't seem to be enough ways to block damage. I've seen rogues with GTene and PVorp absolutely destroy people, even from stealth.

I played a game earlier today where I was crit almost every time I was hit. And with ArP, my Damage Resistance is almost useless. I'm a cleric with 35% damage resist, but still eat 15-20k lashing blades from an "over"geared rogue.

A reducing crit chance or crit severity on you would be fantastic too.

I roll with Elven Battle (normal) right now, and I can attest that it does not seem to work, I'd say ever. I get CC'd the same amount in my Miracle Healer (elven battle) and in my Fabled Ilyanbruen (Loamweave).

Some more defensive enchants would be stellar! (make it so Sent GWF's cant use them though :P)

As far as Elven Battle goes, it's disappointing to me because, according to the description, it only mitigates slowing and immobilizing effects. That implies to me that it's not even intended to mitigate the more common and dangerous CC effects, Prone and Daze. I have a normal EB on my alt CW because the visual effect is nifty with her outfit, but I've never noticed any benefit vs. CC that fully disables action.

Armor enchantments definitely aren't on par with weapon enchantments. Soulforged is of course very handy on occasion, but it only benefits you if you are already in trouble and is still not doing a thing to block necrotic damage. Barkshield is a nifty idea for soaking up extra damage, but it's easy to defeat if you expect it, and almost useless if you are regularly getting tickled by someone's weapon enchantment or BotS etc. Negation can make a real difference if it procs when you (are about to) really need it, but then it confers no benefit at all for the following 53 seconds.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Barkshield hands down for me, tested soulforged and negation and at least for my cleric loved the barkshield best!! I loved it so much I splurged and upgraded it all the way (after testing a lower version) I don't regret it.