test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
You guys always manage to break something with every update, but this is a bit silly. Did the German's conquer you in the server down-time or something?

8de48c898c073dbeb3dbe215ea0a2f3b.png

Sei gegrubt, unsere neuen Deutschen Gebieters?
Post edited by jadetora on

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Yep, got this today. I run the English client on a US-English configured Windows system in the USA, and now get that same part of the loader displaying German text.

There is this thing in software development called QA. You guys should check it out sometime ;-)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yep it appears that the scrolling graphics are all in german but i don't recall seeing this yesterday after the patch. not what i would call "broken" but the wrong graphics are being accessed. everything else is in proper english and most importantly, the PLAY button.
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yep, got this today. I run the English client on a US-English configured Windows system in the USA, and now get that same part of the loader displaying German text.

There is this thing in software development called QA. You guys should check it out sometime ;-)

Haha, wurde sie die Muhe machen, es richtig zu machen. *snorts and rubs tear from eye.*
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Sei gegrubt, unsere neuen Deutschen Gebieters?

Your German is as bad as the German translation in game ;) I just say (translated back the German to real English meaning): Armed Orc Wolf.

Much worse btw. is the fact that in chat you don't see English names when your client is set to English but German, Russian, Polish, French or whatever. If people try to trade something then obviously their language shows up. It is not converted in your client language. Only hovering over the item displays the correct English name. THAT should be finally adressed!
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The PW translation abilities are terrible. In the gateway, "guard" (the profession asset for Leadership") is translated into "fence". Even worse, after using the search function in AH and getting every label translated, allegedly into your local language, you cannot copy-paste the label, you have to figure out waht the english word is.
    Say if you search for Leadership assets, you will see "fence" "fence" "fence" "fence" "waiter" "waiter" "waiter" "mercenary" etc etc and then if you want to search the cheapest "fence", the copy-paste will bring nothing, you have to figure out that "fence" is "guard" and use "guard" as your search key.

Hey PW, you know what? Just keep everything in english. It is actually easier for us non-english speakers to understand english thant trying ti decipher the gibberish that you pretend is our local language.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Your German is as bad as the German translation in game ;) I just say (translated back the German to real English meaning): Armed Orc Wolf.

Much worse btw. is the fact that in chat you don't see English names when your client is set to English but German, Russian, Polish, French or whatever. If people try to trade something then obviously their language shows up. It is not converted in your client language. Only hovering over the item displays the correct English name. THAT should be finally adressed!

LOL if you think -anything- in that phrase says 'Armed Orc Wolf', your German is -far- worse than ours.

PS: Our German isn't bad, it's just the forum that doesn't allow for certain text characters to be used to properly type out the accented words.