test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Debriefing / venting after DD's

urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, so this is a whine about how badly some players perform.

If you don't want to read it then move along.

If you don't agree, I couldn't care less.

I have NEVER been in such bad PuG's that I have since server merge.
Originally on Dragon I learned playing the dungeons by telling people I played with that I wasn't familliar with this or that dungeon but willing to learn. After a good many times I got the hang of most dungeons, and I can do them on almost any of my char's regardless of gearscore.
This is not stated to blow smoke....

3 DD's in a row I've decided to go out with PuG's rather then with ppl from my newly found guild.

So many totally mute or non-english speaking germans and russians. So many "rush-in-and- aggro- everything" mentalities.
So many people starting to try and jumpwalls when it's actually much faster to just kill the 2 randomg groups of adds that are ahead to get to the next part.
And so many wipes... o m g the wipes.
Not wipes to make random leftover adds from a hard boss fight go away mind you,,no no,, those times it's useless to ask people to please wipe. But rushing in when people are allready dead, running away from the cleric so he has no chance of healing you and so on.

And to end my whine with the thing I dislike the most:
EXP party only, Exp play3rs only, Plz b xpd

If you advertise that the group you're putting together concists of people that have a clue of what they are doing in the dungeon at hand, then don't be new to the place once we get in!

Either I've been having the worst PUG luck lately, or there has been an influx of people no that good at playing this game. (which btw is fine if one is willing to learn or listen or at least mimic good behaviour or gameplay)

End of Rant
Post edited by urd01 on

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Because these dungeons are to hard to average player" (c)

/thread
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OP, the only advice I can offer is:

1. Advertise and form your own team. You can then use your judgement to determine who will be a useful teammate and who won't. It's not a perfect solution, but it's something...

2. Join the NW_Legit_Community custom chat channel, and express your interest in wanting to run dungeons with non-cheating/non-exploiting players that are willing to communicate and cooperate with one another, toward the goal of a successful dungeon run.

Good luck!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I kind of agree.. I have only run a few dungeons since the merge and the time I play I need to generally look for pugs... I was from beholder. Since the merge I have come across some terrible pugs.. Full of players with high gear scores too...

I think part of the issue is that a bunch of CWs with HV sets were used to burning large groups of mobs in 2 seconds.. Which required no skill or control... Now they are playing the same way.. And even with there still OPness in pve it takes awhile longer to clear a group... They haven't adjusted and still attempt to burn them.

I think that has been a large contribution
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you expect your team or a single player to behave in a specific way (equip certain powers, attack/avoid certain mobs, use/dismiss certain companions or whatever), you have to instruct them. In my experience it does not matter if a player is new, as long as they are willing to listen to instructions. If one does not instruct players (correctly and politely), one has no right to talk negatively in any way about them, neither here nor in the instance. Take your time to explain things, a dungeon takes an hour anyway, it should not matter if it takes five minutes longer--and ultimately your instructions will help to better the experience for everyone.

However, it is all in the delivery--don't just bark orders, but explain things and state a good reason for why you expect things to be done in a certain way. For example, don't just say "dismiss your companion!!!111", but say "the boss attacks your companion, spawning adds every hit, so please dismiss him to help reduce pressure." It's actually quite simple: Say what exactly is going wrong and what that leads to, then say how to prevent it from happening. (Take a look at the safety instructions in any operator's manual, you will get the idea…) You will find that more players are listening, and you might even spark some interest in certain mechanics, focussing one's mind on a certain problem.

Of course, this doesn't help if the player in question does not understand English… The point is to be as polite as possible and excercise patience, it may take a minute for everyone to grasp, but as long as you have a full team, you have a chance to complete the dungeon and actually enjoy it.

On a side note, there is a certain kind of player around, that I simply don't understand. Why do players join a team, play for an hour to get to the boss, wipe once and then leave without a word? Happens every now and then. It should be possible to join such an instance as a replacement player. Sure, a replacement wouldn't experience the full dungeon and it may seem like an exploit to just get in for the boss fight and grab the chest loot, but still—I don't want that certain kind of troll to have so much control over me.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    thehatch wrote: »
    If you expect your team or a single player to behave in a specific way (equip certain powers, attack/avoid certain mobs, use/dismiss certain companions or whatever), you have to instruct them. In my experience it does not matter if a player is new, as long as they are willing to listen to instructions.

Thing is: In a pug you don't just force other players to play in a certain way - that is why people join random. Of course it is good when you talk before how you want to beat bosses or whatever but generally speaken, when you do pugs the challenging part about it is that not everyone does the dungeon the very same way like the premades. So you have to adapt the playstyle and that basically shows who can play and who can't. Some high level players basically really are bad when it comes to fighting large groups of mobs without a CW that kicks them over the edge. Because they are not used to position them correctly, to focus on certain mobs first, to dodge red areas or move back when they see that no astral shield protects them.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    When i make a party for any dungeon, i put requirements:

Example:

LF4M Karr, Must be experienced with bosses, 10k+ GS. I know the GS doesn't mean everything, but it is the only measure of how much effort a player has put in this game. Unless you want to do a test run :rolleyes:

Keyword : Always make your own parties. And inspect every person you invite via game/gateway.

If they aren't properly geared, kick them, and invite someone else. You will get flamed i know, but you will guarantee a smooth run.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Everyone ive grouped with from beholder/mindflayer are simply terrible. Now i know where all thse forum complaints are coming from. Devs please put them back on their own servers.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Everyone ive grouped with from beholder/mindflayer are simply terrible. Now i know where all thse forum complaints are coming from. Devs please put them back on their own servers.

I can basically say the same from guys from servers other than Mindflayer. Needing on Greed runs, sing-bot mages, mages that have no idea to repel, ineffective "alternative paths" and "strategies" and I could go on.

That's why I am intending to play only with the Mindflayer players I already know, although unlike you, I don't think ALL the Dragon?Beholder players are bad, I just think I had bad luck in the few pugs I ran. I am quite sure these shards had very competent players, but I'm not really willing to spend time finding them while I already know competent players from Mindflayer.

In time, situation will homogenize though.
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I think part of the issue is that a bunch of CWs with HV sets were used to burning large groups of mobs in 2 seconds.. Which required no skill or control... Now they are playing the same way.. And even with there still OPness in pve it takes awhile longer to clear a group... They haven't adjusted and still attempt to burn them.

Burning large groups of adds still works :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ___________dupe, delete please______
  • Options
    urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Edited, I allready debriefed here ;o)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Only thing that changes for cw is you use ice knife now on draco instead of oppressive. If you think hv had anything to do with trash clearing time or spell selection you are one of the people we're complaining about. Do yourself a favor and remove sing and shield from your hotbar, you terrible sing bots
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I kind of agree.. I have only run a few dungeons since the merge and the time I play I need to generally look for pugs... I was from beholder. Since the merge I have come across some terrible pugs.. Full of players with high gear scores too...

I think that has been a large contribution

So it is a change in gear that ios making CWs play bad? Was in an MC last night with 2 CW and i do not recall seeing either use Singilarity, Steal time, or burst shield during the second boss fight. I have never run this before last night and I get I am still learning, but i thought those were 'bread and butter' powers.

one of the guys was saying how he has never wiped in MC... My guess is maybe dragon was the 'bad player' magnet because my experience is pugs wipe about 50/50... mostly due to what the op pointed out - no communication - no team work -no patience...

Oh and i thought 'looking for experienced player' is code for 'knows how to cheat/trick/glich'.
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    somehow I can agree - since merge queueing feels horrible.
    Doesent matter if PvE or PvP...

On PvP I got the leavers, idlers and flaming kids, who (if they) fight somewhere around and don't get its about to cap, recap and hold. Made it in one match with random team beyond 500 points...

PvE, as topicstarter already said, brainless dudes, blind storming aggroing everything without any sign of communication - or my newly favs: polish (or something like that) premade of 2 or 3 talking native all the time and only speak some english words to flame...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    arcanemenacearcanemenace Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thehatch wrote: »
    If you expect your team or a single player to behave in a specific way (equip certain powers, attack/avoid certain mobs, use/dismiss certain companions or whatever), you have to instruct them. In my experience it does not matter if a player is new, as long as they are willing to listen to instructions. If one does not instruct players (correctly and politely), one has no right to talk negatively in any way about them, neither here nor in the instance. Take your time to explain things, a dungeon takes an hour anyway, it should not matter if it takes five minutes longer--and ultimately your instructions will help to better the experience for everyone.

However, it is all in the delivery--don't just bark orders, but explain things and state a good reason for why you expect things to be done in a certain way. For example, don't just say "dismiss your companion!!!111", but say "the boss attacks your companion, spawning adds every hit, so please dismiss him to help reduce pressure." It's actually quite simple: Say what exactly is going wrong and what that leads to, then say how to prevent it from happening. (Take a look at the safety instructions in any operator's manual, you will get the idea

I had to repost this because this is an excellent view point! I wish more people thought this way. Take the time and explain what's expected of the group... and why. It makes things so much more enjoyable and encourages better teamwork.

thehatch, if you're not currently in a guild.. you'd be an excellent addition to ours. You're just the kind of person we like to see playing.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Guild I was in when I played DDO and DCUO both required teaching less experinced players as the means to be promoted in the guild. We worked on helping other players and guilds as well. I had a friend commenting on the lack of social interaction in this game. I think that is the key to most the issues people post here.
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I use the combat pets on trash (outside boss fights) and my cat on bosses. I was never really aware that any of the bosses spawned trash from hitting a companion - just that the companions died too fast to be worth it in a boss fight even with the gear and runes to make them useful.

I agree 100% though - tell the party what you want/expect out of the pug. If they're good with it and want to group with you they'll adjust their play style slightly to do it.

Two other things I would add to it though;

First, it is not assumed that its a greed run when you walk into a dungeon unless you did a preform. Expect people to need on upgrades. Need =/= things to sell on the AH, Need = Equip on the spot. It's what I've always made clear to all of my parties.

Second, if you don't want glitching done in a dungeon - be clear on that when you form it. It's annoying but true that if some of these players feel like they can get away with glitching in a dungeon because you were not clear enough that you planned on doing it legit - they will do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So it is a change in gear that ios making CWs play bad? Was in an MC last night with 2 CW and i do not recall seeing either use Singilarity, Steal time, or burst shield during the second boss fight.

Neither of these (especially the shield burst) are necessary for MC's 2nd boss.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Noticed a significant decrease in the quality of players post merger. More griefers, more leavers and more people kicking everyone after the boss dies.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014