test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change Item Appearance bug

warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm having a problem with the "Change Item Appearance" preview, and it only seems to happen when changing level 60 gear to look like lower level gear.

My most recent example is when I try to make "Bloodscar's Tribal Armor" look like the "+4 Piercing Evader's Leather Armor." Most of the armor does change in appearance, but the "Bloodscar's Tribal Armor's" huge pauldron's are still there.

Several days ago, I tried getting one of the level 60 Nefarious armors to look like the "+4 Piercing Evader's Leather Armor," but the huge aprons in the front and back were still there.

As 51,581 astral diamonds is a lot to me, I don't know which end result I would actually obtain. (The "+4 Piercing Evader's Leather Armor" look I want, or what's actually in the preview window.)
Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
(Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
Post edited by warzog on

Comments

• knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I had something similar the other day when I changed the look of my weapon, and the end result in the game looked like a melding of the prior and new skin, rather than only the new skin.

I did a character change and went right back to the same character on the select screen. Once the game loaded back in the weapon had the expected look, that of the new skin only.

So, there is definitely something weird going on with the appearance of some transmutations at least. Mine worked out okay, but who knows what would happen with display glitches like that.
  • warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Well, I only have around 65k ad, so experimenting is out of the question for me.
    I know it may sound mean, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with it. (Glad yours worked out.)
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    happened to me, too. but i think it is a problem only in preview. my preview showed a mixture of the two armors and the final product only looked like the new item i took for transmuting. i would not rely on the preview for transmuting. looks like the final product is basically the new product when you transmute it and not the mixtures you see in previews.
  • dante125pldante125pl Banned Users Posts: 42
    edited October 2013
    warzog wrote: »
    Well, I only have around 65k ad, so experimenting is out of the question for me.
    I know it may sound mean, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with it. (Glad yours worked out.)
    u can always try items on test server
    edited October 2013
    Based on the above I tried it, and it did change pretty much as expected, except that the transmuted armor has the color of the orignal armor, which had been colored (the newer armor hadn't been colored, yet.) Saved me the cost of dying it, but that's not how it's supposed to work.
  • nostradunwhichnostradunwhich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    warzog wrote: »
    Saved me the cost of dying it, but that's not how it's supposed to work.
    Actually (at least according to the Wiki entry) that IS how it is supposed to work:

"Any existing transmutations or Dyes present on the destination item are lost. Dyes from the source item are carried over."
    edited October 2013
    Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but I read the destination item as being the destination of the appearance, and that the source item is the source of that appearance.
    Either way, it still saved my having to redye the armor.