test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is the dev communication with GWF so bad??

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Just seems that they really lack communication with adjusting the class.. They nerf us then add a bunch of ninja nerfs too.. Like the AP generation.. Massive ninja nerf... Now I noticed they must have recently ninja the tooltips to the encounters roar and daring shout recently.. Removing the words "action points".. This has only been recent...
Worst yet they come on here. Announce they are making the GWF better.. Then proceed to nerf and ninja nerf it.. Then disappear again..

If anything.. It's terrible business sense..

Why don't they communicate with us..
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    devs play CW's, they dont care

• dante125pldante125pl Banned Users Posts: 42
    edited October 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    devs play CW's, they dont care

and TRs
    /10chars
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Maybe it's because the GWF's are where the devs want them to be?

Not defending them. I think that's an honest possibility. That they might not agree with many of us players about the GWF's being too poor, and maybe it's possible that the limited forum community doesn't represent the capabilities of the class, or our metrics showing GWF's doing great when everyone is saying we're not.

I'd love to see certain changes, but even I know that I'm close to walking over that line of 'I need more' to 'I want more'.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey Panda, the below is said tongue in cheek mi amigo and I two also saw the ninja tooltip correction.
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Why don't they communicate with us..
    3p3b8s.jpg
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Definitely a possibility, but IF that's the case then other classes (Out AoE DPSing GWFs, I'm looking at you CWs!) needs to be addressed. I'd much rather have GWFs allowed to hit more adds, or something, then have another class 'brought down' with a nerf.
    I'd love to see certain changes, but even I know that I'm close to walking over that line of 'I need more' to 'I want more'.
    Same here buddy, same here! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

Not defending them. I think that's an honest possibility. That they might not agree with many of us players about the GWF's being too poor, and maybe it's possible that the limited forum community doesn't represent the capabilities of the class, or our metrics showing GWF's doing great when everyone is saying we're not.

The is no excuse for the lack of communication at all.. Other classes get more explanation.. Testing and communication.. GWF doesn't even get told of the changes..

And if GWF is where the devs want it to be.. Well right now it's endangered... If nothing is done.. What comes next?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    We really only need a couple tweaks.

One I would love to see is the Instigator Cap changed. 15 ft is too small and losing stacks on hit is absurd. They need to slowly drop when out of combat and double the range.

Also would love to generate more AP.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have a theory: as the focus is pvp and pve gwf is limited to anyway, devs "kicked the bucket" and focused class for this game mode.
    The same happens in reverse with the cw. Since the class is inevitably better for pve anyway, so are better for it to be good in pvp.
    In both cases, no matter the abyss this creating in pve, in pvp since they are balanced.
    edited October 2013
    About the dishonesty of gwf ... good ... I personally was often a paingiver with double damage the second place. Now I'm the second place, that is, I lost more than half of the damage ... lose HALF the damage of a class that had nothing to offer in pve is not merely crying.

Remember: no other possibility to build was created, or utility, or facility for beginners.

not make sense as the worst pve class to lose half of its damage (and that could be recovered without affecting pvp), it is clear that the focus is pvp and only pvp ...
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Perhaps there were too many GWFs. They wanted to nerf the carp out of them to lower that number.... and it's working. GWF was my main. WAS. Since my GF and CW hit 60, I just use my GWF for leadership and alchemy.

I think there were a bit too many GWFs running around for a while there. Not sure what the obsession was. Most of the play horribly, too.
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Maybe a paladin paragon line later? Who knows..seems its designed as a solo class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    Maybe a paladin paragon line later? Who knows..seems its designed as a solo class

Only because they're so much less effective than other classes that nobody wants them in their group.
  • rash43rash43 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Because bashing devs on every of his posts is likely to be the right thing to do when calling for a more open communication
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    there is no reason why they dont post the changes in patch notes, not in ptr or in life server! Was no response regarding the ap nerf for GWF as it only affected the pve Sentinel and Instigator. PvP wise gwf is the same and now Destroyer path has both the dmg and the resistance. There were other games were classes dps scaled different with gear, that is ok, but a tank should be able to generate threat and the capstone in instigator is so bad that is not even worth putting points in it, and is like that from beta. Take a look a the GWF capstone and try to find a reason for not beeing similar to that, why not making that capstone based on your determination?!
    I think the reaction from community is normal and is what it should be, otherwise people wont change their way!
    edited October 2013
    Once affected the roar, gain ap directly affected the destroyer ... sentinel / instigator gained an additional nerf?
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I noticed they must have recently ninja the tooltips to the encounters roar and daring shout recently.. Removing the words "action points"..

See? There has never been an AP nerf. It has been removed from the Encounter, from the tooltip, from all the foruim posts saying that Roar used to generate AP. Repeat after me, Roar has never generated AP, gwf is fine. Roar has never generated AP, gwf is fine. The Destroyer final bonus has always been 10% is has never been nerfed. gwf is fine. Unnoticeable has never had a healing effect, it has never been nerfed, gwf is fine. Repeat after me...
    English is not my first language.
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The GWF do not have a big problem, maybe some fixex but not much.
    The main problem is in CW. Devs must fix the class to be Controler or DPS it is stupid to be both and to make close-range classes to be runers around. Or CW to control 5-7 targets or something. At all this class need fix - if you said that fix is nerf I do not care much.

After playing with good CW I starting to wonder why to play this game with any other class ? Or why to lose my time with this game at all...

CW make not only GWF but GF too to be useless TR is something ok because 1 target high dps but TR is just option nothing more.

Some ppl here defend CW but wait we all see that the problem is in CW. Do you defend CW or not never mind the problem of the game is CW.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Can the GWFs post his/her damage tooltip of R1/R3 slam and R1/R3 crescendo and what Power they have on displaying that? For example: 500-600 R2 Slam, 1200-1800 R3 Crescendo with 3k Power.
    I will see how 'bad' the situation for you are, because i don't see any value anytime of that both skill anytime. =(
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just rather see our AP generation returned to our area skills. Roar, Shout, and our at wills.

Our at wills should at least not have a hit cap.
    GWF have so very few area skills as it is.

How it is now. in PVE. GWF is being pulled too strictly to single target damage. And its only short burst.

While TR is and can be both Burst and sustained damage along with CW.

GWF tanking is subpar when methods of holding threat is not there under those conditions.

GWF tanks better in PVP than PVE and thats only in very specific conditions.
    GWF is good in pvp because all of thier useful encounters are single target focused.
  • cyanbluestone007cyanbluestone007 Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    goldheart wrote: »
    The GWF do not have a big problem, maybe some fixex but not much.
    The main problem is in CW. Devs must fix the class to be Controler or DPS it is stupid to be both and to make close-range classes to be runers around. Or CW to control 5-7 targets or something. At all this class need fix - if you said that fix is nerf I do not care much.

After playing with good CW I starting to wonder why to play this game with any other class ? Or why to lose my time with this game at all...

CW make not only GWF but GF too to be useless TR is something ok because 1 target high dps but TR is just option nothing more.

Some ppl here defend CW but wait we all see that the problem is in CW. Do you defend CW or not never mind the problem of the game is CW.

I defend the CW, and I main GF. The reason why CW's are powerful and able to do the things they do so well is bbecause all there abilities are useful. Not a single CW daily, encounter or At-will falls into the never to be used pile.

This makes the CW versitile in many areas. Example. No one thought CW's where damage dealers until MC was released. Because CW's focused on pushing powers and uitlity powers, gaining "fake" damage done for pushing mobs into acid. When MC comes out CW's respec into damage dealers and then start abuseing HV. Now they top the charts. They have skills and versitility to adapt to new situations.

Other classes need this too.

GWF is the class that has the most never to be used moves. And many really bad moves that are used because there are no other options. Just compare Sure strike to any other classes single target DPS AT-will. Yes it sucks more than Lance of Faith... alot more. And this is why GWF is in the terrible situation it is in. The game is hard, The game cannot even be played with minimal gear to enter dungeons it is so hard. I do not want to see the game get harder if the CW gets nerfed and we are forced to relly on the lame GWF to take its place the game could become impossible for some people and then we lose even more player base.

So yes defend the CW buff the other classes. First GWF then GF.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Tested Roar, Not so Fast and Mighty Leap. With and without many targets hitted. Every time same AP-build. So hitting more than 1 target with this encounters don't gain more AP. =(
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I defend the CW, and I main GF. The reason why CW's are powerful and able to do the things they do so well is bbecause all there abilities are useful. Not a single CW daily, encounter or At-will falls into the never to be used pile.

This makes the CW versitile in many areas. Example. No one thought CW's where damage dealers until MC was released. Because CW's focused on pushing powers and uitlity powers, gaining "fake" damage done for pushing mobs into acid. When MC comes out CW's respec into damage dealers and then start abuseing HV. Now they top the charts. They have skills and versitility to adapt to new situations.

Other classes need this too.

GWF is the class that has the most never to be used moves. And many really bad moves that are used because there are no other options. Just compare Sure strike to any other classes single target DPS AT-will. Yes it sucks more than Lance of Faith... alot more. And this is why GWF is in the terrible situation it is in. The game is hard, The game cannot even be played with minimal gear to enter dungeons it is so hard. I do not want to see the game get harder if the CW gets nerfed and we are forced to relly on the lame GWF to take its place the game could become impossible for some people and then we lose even more player base.

So yes defend the CW buff the other classes. First GWF then GF.

What ?!?!? The game is hard ? When I was first time in MC with my GWF I was with 80% blue gear and with random party we fail at last boss. If you said on this "hard" I can said only LOOOL.
    I do not know what you know about CW but I think that you do not know enough...
  • xpurexinstinctxxpurexinstinctx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    how many of these i have seen .. i dont see the point anymore really ..
    there is hardly any reply back from devs but then why would they need to?
    im stubborn in the sense i wont change off of my gwf as a destroyer and admit i do ok in pvp .. pve wise no surviveability
    but end of the day this game is a business .. their goal is to make money .. as much as many of us would like to see some advancment to level a gwf to be usefull would it really be efficient for a business to give better more level fixes and class balance when so many are willing to pay money to get high level enchants just to stand a chance?
    money talks .. devs dont need to in this particular case or in any of the previous complaints on our nerfs :/