test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AH: New Trade House Cut 12.5%?

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it just me, or was the AH Trade House Cut 10% not long ago? Right now it says 12.5%? Is this including the posting fee? Or did we just see a 2.5% increase?
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Which do you mean? The one where you walk up to the NPC or the portable ones (including the gateway)? If you mean one of the portable ones, its always been 12.5%.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's 10% when done directly at the auction house, and via the web portal, but 12.5% when done remotely via the Auction Broker.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    It's 10% when done directly at the auction house, and via the web portal, but 12.5% when done remotely via the Auction Broker.
    The gateway AH says 10%, but it's actually 12.5%.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »

No, this is at the actual AH. 12.5%, it says.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Both of them trade house cuts are robbery. It should only be a cut if you purchase using the buyout option but if they win a bid you should get all the ad. I sold some hv gloves a few days ago for like 360k and only got like 320k or 330k and that's some BS.
    Another note, we should have an option of buying ad with gold.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No, this is at the actual AH. 12.5%, it says.

I just check at all 3 auctioneers and they are all showing 10%. Only see the 12.5% if I go through the broker instead.

Any chance you were pushed far enough away from the auctioneer so it flagged you as doing it remotely?
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I just check at all 3 auctioneers and they are all showing 10%. Only see the 12.5% if I go through the broker instead.

Any chance you were pushed far enough away from the auctioneer so it flagged you as doing it remotely?

I think that was it. I tried again and it said 10%. I never use the broker, but it looks like you need to stand close enough in the AH to get the 10% charge and not the 12.5%.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another note, we should have an option of buying ad with gold.

No. Just no. otherwise this will be good news for botters
  • aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    No. Just no. otherwise this will be good news for botters

Like they haven't got billions of AD at they're disposal already~
  • sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    I have always wondered where this % went. Now with F2P MMO models and the necessity for them to make money I wonder if they actually take that cut and sell it to an AD farming site.

As far as the comment about botting well...
    Even people playing the game are becoming bots in MMOs.
    LFP, WTT, WTS
    Grind Dungeon, Game AH that is the predominate activity of MMOs now and its repetition is quite similar to a bot program with a little alteration to how WTS or WTT or LFP is written.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have always wondered where this % went. Now with F2P MMO models and the necessity for them to make money I wonder if they actually take that cut and sell it to an AD farming site.

No, just no. PW/Cryptic is not selling AD to gold farmers. It is just taken out of circulation. Same goes for AD spent by any other means than on the AH.