test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add solo friendly versions of all Dungeons

sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says please add solo versions of all Dungeons.

Why...
Yes I know it is an mmo. I also know that I have been unable to explore or solve combination locks or find other puzzles inside Dungeons because all people want to do is race through for loot.
There is an entire aspect of the game that was created being completely skipped because of impatience or lack of interest or maybe just an over abundant reliance on the twinkle path.

I do not care if the loot is downgraded for the solo version I simply want to experience the content and get the lore at least one time before I get thrown into a bunch of no talking zerg runs.

It would be indeed awesome if there were at least a handful of players that I have run with that have an interest in figuring out how to open secret doors or finding other puzzles but that is not the case.

So at this point I either run off and solo enemies to find puzzles and get lore or I ignore it all. Adding solo friendly versions of the dungeons would solve this problem and then after I had completed the dungeon enough times to feel like I really explored them I could switch over to the no talking zerg fests.
Post edited by sapientcrow on

Comments

• Options
    zrieprakiszrieprakis Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It would be indeed awesome if there were at least a handful of players that I have run with that have an interest in figuring out how to open secret doors or finding other puzzles but that is not the case.

So what you are saying here, is that you have come across no one that is interested in this except for you.

If that's incorrect, and there are other people that are interested in exploring these dungeons......then group with them, or you can always make your own group and invite only those players who are interested in exploring the dungeons. If you can never find those players to invite...then that must mean they aren't interested, so these solo dungeons would be just for you.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, the instances at the end of each group of 3 missions in Feywild are kinda "solo dungeons". If you have the key, there's even a chance at getting epic gear at then end.

What I'd like to see are some dungeons that are perhaps a bit shorter, or perhaps a way of breaking dungeons into more digestible segments.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    for a fun solo experience and to feel the full DnD PnP effect I go to DDO . Com
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its a lot of work for such a limited market.

And I can't believe that you can't create a group withing your guild to support you in what you want to do.

Off topic, this way --> I'd like to see more freedom in party numbers for Epics. However, although I don't know the loot system well enough to confirm, a potential problem for the devs in a system that allowed smaller parties and kick/new invite is if it allowed selling from loot - cos that could cause a big shift in the dominant currency.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another thing you can do would be to make a guild with a name relating in some way to exploration. Then you could recruit players with a similar interest to your guild. This would provide a pool of adventures to play through the existing dungeons as they are, in the manner you and other members of the guild would like.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    all dungeons have solo versions at level 60. it's called the regular non-epic version of said dungeon.
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    As the title says please add solo versions of all Dungeons.

Get to the door of the dungeon of your choice, "enter the dungeon", "enter with entire party", *loadscreen*, have fun.
    The "bad" about (may its not that bad): the are the normale, levelranged, versions - so cloaktower (jsut taken as an example) can be full cleared even with a cleric in 15 minutes or less and doesn't even need a heal - maybe 2 potions in total. But still enough to get all the sidequests in dungeons and find all lore. (on Level 60 with about 10k GS)
    May could get harder on the last few dungeons, havent tried soloing so far... But as its been said, find some more people who want to get it all, team up with these.

To be honest, I'd join ya to get all the lore n stuff in dungeons (with my DC), I don't care if run on epics or common dungeons - send me a PM with ingame name.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    joe7272joe7272 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i dont know
  • Options
    watchingdwheelswatchingdwheels Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Until you get to level 60.....

Balance your main with the best companion for that build.

I found up to Grey Wolf, 3 to 5 levels above the zone. Thats when I focused on my Alts.

Take some heal pots, those take along heal shrines, and the elixirs from the "vault of piety"

It might sound backwards, but DDO.com did not change for the better when they went F2P. They vanillaed it up so success came easy.
    "When You Attack, You Must Vanquish"
    "When You Defend, You Need Merely Survive"

Master Po to Kwai Chang Caine

Bonhomme Richard DC L 60 PVE Heal Build

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited October 2013
    It might be an mmo but you can't prevent people from wanting to solo. Some are soloing all the time, most of us sometimes.
    I think it's a great idea to make the dungeons soloable and I don't see any reasons for downgrading the gear drops.
    Why should you not be able to get epics if your doing it solo, unless they make them a walk in the park and then there is no point in doing them solo.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    It might be an mmo but you can't prevent people from wanting to solo. Some are soloing all the time, most of us sometimes.
    I think it's a great idea to make the dungeons soloable and I don't see any reasons for downgrading the gear drops.
    Why should you not be able to get epics if your doing it solo, unless they make them a walk in the park and then there is no point in doing them solo.

as far as the OP is concerned, if you don't want to go back and solo the non-epic versions of the dungeons to get the lore/hidden stuff you can always roll a permastealth rogue and try soloing the epic versions. It's more challenging but doable.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think that if they did they would have to scale the difficulty and the rewards, but since that happens in the foundry anyway, that wouldn't be too big of a problem, as long as group play is properly rewarded against solo play I don't see an issue.

What would be better though would be to improve the companion system where you could bring more than one companion in the Dungeon with you, cryptic could add elements that would make this more tactical.

There is a lot of possibilities but any change will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off someone so best to ignore that.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Join the (your server name)Legit Community channel. There you will find a number of like minded adventurers that want to explore the dungeons just as you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Solo content is important. I understand that. On the flip side I'm a fan of Risk vs. Reward. There should be a reason you need to find a group to tackle a dungeon and gain the spoils of war you're seeking.
    If that reason is taken away by solo content then you've completely undermined the community you're a part of. You run the risk of an introverted population that doesn't need each other.
    My one suggestion of how to make it at least plausible (If you can't live without it) would be to have a solo player have to earn tokens or coins from a dungeon to unlock the epic gear he's going for. Much like GG is now(without the horrible amount of coins needed). A reasonable amount of coins would be needed to gain the gear. It would of course need to be BoP to avoid farming bots.
    In reality that's where things get dicey in this scenario. If you open up dungeons, epic or not as a solo friendly way to farm you're begging to have players abuse it with bots.

Ultimately I feel that it takes away from the sense of community that needs to be here.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This game should support a solo approach. The fantasy genre has many characters that take a more solo approach to things, so it should be possible to do so in an MMO, and it largely is in Neverwinter.

You can level to 60 solo, without much difficulty for the most part. Many of the Foundry missions support solo play. Most of Sharandar works fine for solo players as well. It is just dungeons and skirmishes that require group play, really (and PvE perma-stealth Rogues can get past a lot of the dungeons solo as well).

Solo players don't have it this good in a lot of MMORPGs out there.

I don't think the game should be changed any more to accommodate solo play. There is plenty already one can do solo, and choosing to go the lone wolf route should add a bit more difficulty to the game, just like choosing the lone wolf route in life can make some things harder.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    They just released an entire xpack full of solo content with only 1 group oriented/required activity.

There is plenty of solo content in this game and absolutely nothing for guilds.

/notsigned.

Also, you can always walk up to the door of any dungeon and enter solo. At level 60 with auction house or feywild blues you should be able to solo the heroic versions of any dungeon. Wish granted.
  • Options
    sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    I know I can go back and do heroics but I also want a challenge like the story bosses with no companion.
    And the higher end dungeons I do not see it being soloed unless I stack potions and I am not that wealthy as of yet.

I see there are a good number of people from the posts that do have an interest so if your up to it please friend me and we can do some exploration. Just found this cool spot in the spider caves too and my group is like I didn't even know there were dwarfs in here... There is so many off the beaten cool little secrets in these dungeons to not explore them entirely.
    The only reason I want the single player is because finding a group willing seems pretty hard to do.
    The game itself is mostly solo play anyway even in groups since no one talks or even remembers anyone.
    This game would be really perfect with just a coop aspect and not a full on mmo label

Character names:
    Nyrieth Aluna@sapeintcrow
    Jakiro Shaviri@sapientcrow
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If you want to try soloing some of the higher end stuff solo and don't mind making a character specifically for that purpose, check out Banelorne's thread in the TR section of the forums for his PvE permastealth build information.

However, you should know that the PvE permastealth Rogue really only works well when going solo, or when in a party of PvE permastealth Rogues. Being with any other type of character, or using an active and thus visible to monsters companion, will neutralize most of the benefits of permastealth in the PvE environment. You can use Ioun Stones with no problem, and likely the cat.
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    I support this. Those who enjoy running solo can do so and those that wish to group can do so. Everybody has the opportunity to enjoy the content the devs have worked hard to create.

QUOTE=sapientcrow;6209381]As the title says please add solo versions of all Dungeons.

Why...
    Yes I know it is an mmo. I also know that I have been unable to explore or solve combination locks or find other puzzles inside Dungeons because all people want to do is race through for loot.
    There is an entire aspect of the game that was created being completely skipped because of impatience or lack of interest or maybe just an over abundant reliance on the twinkle path.e

I do not care if the loot is downgraded for the solo version I simply want to experience the content and get the lore at least one time before I get thrown into a bunch of no talking zerg runs.

So at this point I either run off and solo enemies to find puzzles and get lore or I ignore it all. Adding solo friendly versions of the dungeons would solve this problem and then after I had completed the dungeon enough times to feel like I really explored them I could switch over to the no talking zerg fests.[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    roguish98 wrote: »
    I support this. Those who enjoy running solo can do so and those that wish to group can do so. Everybody has the opportunity to enjoy the content the devs have worked hard to create.
    There are already is solo versions, the normals are soloable. They have the exact same layout, puzzles, and hidden areas.

Go ahead and solo them. There's literally nothing that the devs need to waste time on adding anything. It's already there.

Then you will realize why everyone skips all of it. Because 90% of it is either broken or not implemented. at best you find a chest with some rank 3 enchants. grats.
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some of us have time constraints and don't find it easy or convenient to team up with like minded people. It's not ideal, but it's the way it is.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I also happen to mostly agree with with OP. However, there are also way more important things in this game that could and should addressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    I also happen to mostly agree with with OP. However, there are also way more important things in this game that could and should addressed.

What they could do is to chop up each of the 3 or so sections of existing dungeons into small solo instances. Each would culminate with a standard chest at the end, but perhaps the boss could still have some of their drops, (maybe they'd be given a new loot table that included their normal drop, but it wouldn't be guaranteed).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    What they could do is to chop up each of the 3 or so sections of existing dungeons into small solo instances. Each would culminate with a standard chest at the end, but perhaps the boss could still have some of their drops, (maybe they'd be given a new loot table that included their normal drop, but it wouldn't be guaranteed).

If by standard you mean a regular chest with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchant drops sure. the boss shouldn't drop anything other than greens and maybe a blue. No way a solo instance should give same rewards as 5man.