test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good guide for under 30

deathwish2112deathwish2112 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So there are some great guides for when you are 60 and respeccing but I was wondering if anyone has a good PVE only guide for a starting GWF that shows what stats to put points into at each level and what stats that are best to focus on at early levels, like crit, armor pen etc, and what runes to slot your cleric companion at the early levels?

GWF is fun so far but I am only 11, was lucky and was invited to a guild that gave me companion before i was 16, which will make the early leveling much easier.

I am following Seisems's pve guide but could use the build up advice up to level 30.

Thank you

DeathWish- Mindflayer
Post edited by deathwish2112 on

Comments

• Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Most guides have all that information in them. If they provide a screenshot of the skills, just repeat what you see. It's always a good practice to read why people have opted not to use certain skills so you're educated about your class.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Most guides have all that information in them. If they provide a screenshot of the skills, just repeat what you see. It's always a good practice to read why people have opted not to use certain skills so you're educated about your class.

Yes but all the high end guides will list the finished points and feats etc, so although a bit helpful, they dont show the order you should max skills.

Maybe someone helpful could put which stats to stack when you leveling without PVP, like power crit etc under 30 and also which powers and feats to max out 1st before you use the fillers.

Thank you

DeathWish
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For any class up until level 60 you shouldn't be concerned with power, crit or anything like that.
    The only class that it becomes remotely important for is the GF and that's only after he gets his conquerer tree maxed out.
    The way I level with any class is look at the end product you'll end up with and put points into the skills you're using the most.

Some powers are going to be solely pvp oriented but you may want them for later use. Prioritize those you'll use for leveling and just have fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Which gear stats are better investments to make like armorpen..defense..recovery etc. when leveling under 60. They may not make a huge difference but some should be better returns than others. This is for brand new toon with no advanced gear. Thank you
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    When you put the points in powers you actually don't( have that much choice. Some powers can only be unlocked when you reach a cetain number of points. For the ones that you select you can at first only pout two points, no three yet. So, don't think too much, put points where the system allows you to put points. Maybe don't max an At-Will that you know you won't be using once you're level 60. For feats it's similar, they're getting unlocked by "slides" from the left to the right. Put all the points you're allowed to put in the feats that are used at lvl 60, and put as few as possible into the other feats, just what is needed to unlock the next slide.
    As for stats, (ArPen, recov and so on) keep them more or less balanced and that's it.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Now if you really want a definite answer, for stats, you can do this while you're levelling:
    ArPen > Crit > Recov > Power
    Def > Regen > LifeSteal > Deflect

Dfferent people will have different opinions on these stats. But everybody will say: enjoy your gwf while you're below lvl 30. Dungeons, particularly.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Which gear stats are better investments to make like armorpen..defense..recovery etc. when leveling under 60. They may not make a huge difference but some should be better returns than others. This is for brand new toon with no advanced gear. Thank you

It really doesn't matter what gear you get on, since the chances are that you are going to replace your gear every 2 levels or earlier. If you want to see the process of developing your heroic and paragon skill-tree, visit nwcalc.com and end up on a build.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really, you could just put 1 point in every power and randomly assign feats/stats while leveling. The game, pre epic dungeons, is mind numbingly easy.

Just respec once you hit 60 and you're good to go.