test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want a shared workshop.

figgefigge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I want a workshop that I can share between my characters and with my guild.

It should be a "physical" location in the enclave where I can go to do all my crafting. It would have containers for all my different ingredients and assets. It could display NPCs representing my workers. It should definitely have containers for all the items I need to craft while levelling up my skills. 200 pairs of pants... 300 suits of armor... 400 swords. Anyway, moving on.

To create the workshop would be a bit of an undertaking in itself. You would need all kinds of craftsmen to help out, so you would either need to have access to all the skills yourself, or share the work with other people. The workshop itself could have an AD cost for the right to open it, then you simply build it yourself by crafting or buying the necessary components.

The workshop would have two or three rooms, each dedicated to different skills: one for artificing and alchemy, one for smithing of weapons and armor, and another for leatherworking and tailoring. Each room can be outfitted with assets - tools and npc workers. Those who have access to the workshop can use these assets, but they become bound to the shop and will require a cost to release them if you wish to replace them (or they will be "destroyed"). Each room comes with just one work-station to begin with, but more can be crafted to add more assets to the shop - each workstation can hold one worker or big tools such as anvils and grindstones.

The workshop does not come with containers at first but these too can be crafted and added to the rooms, perhaps at the cost of a workstation. The containers should be separated by craftskill so you don't have to search every box in the shop to find the things you need. It would also be great if you could craft using the content of these containers without having to take them out of the container at all.

The reason I want this is that A) it would be fun to have something else to work for while levelling my crafting skills instead of crafting 100s of pairs of pants or just deep wilderness gathering my way to 20; and B) I can already share all my assets between the characters on my account by emailing them to myself. That is however a pain in the butt and I would much prefer to have it all neatly stored in my own workshop.

I'm sure the concept can be improved and expanded upon in a multitude of ways, this is just the most basic idea.
Post edited by figge on

Comments

• Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2013
    Never would have occurred to me but this is a very cool idea.
  • Options
    blaackwolfeblaackwolfe Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This (or something like it) would have a better chance of happening if you described how all of these steps, things, rooms could be purchased with ungodly amounts of Zen. If you do that, you might get their (company's/Dev's) attention, short of that....good idea but never gonna happen.

Everything in this game is designed to encourage players to purchase zen, anything and everything that has been or will be introduced should be thought of in that frame of mind if you seriously want it considered.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you could make a foundry mission but that is limited to a team.

The sages shop is a good library like environment.

the tower of changes has a nice parlor in back

you could start a mission with a cool map and never finish it (limited to team)

most zones have some cool inn like structures.

I will note CO has personal bases, and STO has guild stations so its probably a matter of time before we get something like this. and yeah it will probably be an AD/Zen dump. in CO you buy decoration packs with zen and in sto guild members dump millions of dilithium(ad) into the base to get anything cool.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ideas ideas ideas, should never been looked at without fixing the old
  • Options
    figgefigge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This (or something like it) would have a better chance of happening if you described how all of these steps, things, rooms could be purchased with ungodly amounts of Zen. If you do that, you might get their (company's/Dev's) attention, short of that....good idea but never gonna happen.

Everything in this game is designed to encourage players to purchase zen, anything and everything that has been or will be introduced should be thought of in that frame of mind if you seriously want it considered.

I thought I would just let them know what I wanted and let them figure out what it should cost or how to get it. You know, like it's their job.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    ideas ideas ideas, should never been looked at without fixing the old

Oh don't get me started on the crafting. But if I'm going to be stuck with what we've got I might as well try to get to do my crafting in a manner that is less irritating.