test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arena PVP

lllthelordllllllthelordlll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Yes as the title says i think we should have an arena style map where we can do 1vs1 pvp matches and who wins got some points and some stars/ranking system like 100 points for one small bronze star and it continues to silver and gold for higher ranks.

Post your feedbacks to improve the idea if u wish :)
Post edited by lllthelordlll on

Comments

• lllthelordllllllthelordlll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OK its looks like some people like the idea so all we need is to make the devs to see this idea (hope they dont igrone it)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the arenas ideas, but not 1vs 1.
    1vs 1 is not balanced in most MMO's and there's no ranking system with a 1vs 1 system. If you're going to use ranking and rewards you should have 3vs 3 or 5 vs 5 so it can be more balanced.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited October 2013
    I voted no as there are other PvP improvements I think are more pressing, beginning with Tiered Level 60 ques and additional maps and objectives.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yes as the title says i think we should have an arena style map where we can do 1vs1 pvp matches and who wins got some points and some stars/ranking system like 100 points for one small bronze star and it continues to silver and gold for higher ranks.

Post your feedbacks to improve the idea if u wish :)

I feel cheated. I don't want a 1v1 map. I want a new Arena PvP map for regular or deathmatch or ctf arena play.

I could care less about doing a 1v1 for any reason outside of practicing abilities, and would firmly vote against any kind of ranking system off that. You think TR's and GWF's run PvP right now, wait till they introduce 1v1, and the hate will really be on.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im surprised this thread hasnt blown up yet with people posting dumb stuff like "OP just can roll over current PVP types so he asking for new ones" "OP paid for gear and is now asking for new pvp types to kill more low GS casuals in" "OP is just a **** who only plays against pugs and therefore thinks we need new pvp maps" etc.

ALl in all, good idea though and this is something people continue to strive for and want! I hope more people like this.

I agree with a poster above that said "other PvP improvements I think are more pressing". I agree 100% on both!
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Terrible idea. This game is not based around 1v1 or less than 5-man PvP and would require a total redesign to make it balanced and successful.

However, I would very much welcome casual dueling - if Tera like many others can manage it without a fundamental redesign, so can this game - preferably in any zone at any time except during combat or a PvP battle.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Terrible idea. This game is not based around 1v1 or less than 5-man PvP and would require a total redesign to make it balanced and successful.

However, I would very much welcome casual dueling - if Tera like many others can manage it without a fundamental redesign, so can this game - preferably in any zone at any time except during combat or a PvP battle.

I'd support this. Only, not in Protector's Enclave. That's a bad, laggy idea.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    I'd support this. Only, not in Protector's Enclave. That's a bad, laggy idea.

With spell effects, you may have a point. Don't know enough about the architecture of the game though.
  • sigwald01sigwald01 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As a relatively new player to NW that just leveled up my first char to 60 I think a 1v1 ( or any # versus any #) PVP area (or the dueling concept mentioned above) would be a big help. I hadn't considered PvP and have a little trepidation since the veterans probably don't enjoy having players on the field that don't know what they are doing and us noobs don't want to ruin a game for anyone or get a rep as a crappy player as we adjust to the differences between PvE and PvP.
    Volaticum Letum
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    I would like more PvP in any form.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Agreed. No 1 v 1.

Otherwise it would be - Rogue Arena.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    exploiters, rich people will win anyway.
    unless there`s an absolutely no life who wants to take the chance of throwing away his/hers life to compete.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This game is not ready for more PVP maps at the moment. It has not been designed to be a PVP game. The PVP is terrible implemented in this game and totally unbalanced. If you want a Deathmatch map, then please make it open for TRs and GWFs only, then all the 10 year old kiddies and the 500$ spenders can play their chars against each other and everyone else can maybe then freely do the normal PVP without those players for the daily quest.
  • rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I think the poll speaks for itself here. Most of us want new PvP content and I think some of us are missing the point here. Nowhere did I see written that the OP suggests that arena PvP be the next update. He is asking if we would Like it implemented. I voted yes, however I do believe that things like class balancing that is exclusive to PvP and a fix for the que system take priority.

Hope this thread gets the devs attention!

Krass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I voted No since a Arena of 1v1 would mean dosens of new topics bout nerfing someone or somethin it would be pointless would still want to see a new pvp arena would be nice tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cheated: voted before reading the question!

I voted yes, but NO absolutely for a 1vs1 pvp map... what's the point?! Duel? So pls change game...
    An arena maps 5vs5 will be more funny...
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1on1 is the best possible pvp, there is. In other games we used to have a saying: 1on1 or gtfo.
    Anything else is to be considered ganking, since it puts people into situations of 2on1 3on1 etc.
    The team vs team pvp became very popular, when not so skilled "gamers" got rolled by better gamers in 1on1 fights. (in all kinds of mmo games)

Having to rely on other people shows nothing but weakness, in my opinion.

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes I want more PVP content regardless. Not terribly interested in 1v1, but there are times when I would like to duel a guild mate easily to show them things or be shown things.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)