test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Found this both amusing...and disheartning

ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I zone to the top of the stairs in Protector's after an instance and I saw this....

screenshot_2013-09-29-01-05-33_zps51c32314.jpg

I am the Moon Elf in the front - every TR in this picture was a PVP Bot with names like fdfdfdfghgf and the like.

So much for having gotten rid of the bots.....
Post edited by ministerofchange on

Comments

• Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's pretty funny,but like anything there will always be the bots there pretty hard to stop in big games(usually i find).
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited September 2013
    whats amuses me more is cuz they are all TR
  • Options
    canbeencanbeen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There doesn't seem to be a point in pvp bots these days, since glory items can't be sold, and the 24K AD/per day refinement is a bottleneck to savaging. If the TR bots are doing pve in open world or foundaries, it'll make more sense for them to be CWs or GWFs instead for aoe-ing..

So it seems like a waste of electricity for the bot-user to bot?
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    canbeen wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be a point in pvp bots these days, since glory items can't be sold, and the 24K AD/per day refinement is a bottleneck to savaging. If the TR bots are doing pve in open world or foundaries, it'll make more sense for them to be CWs or GWFs instead for aoe-ing..

Well they can Salvage it for AD and if they are doing it 24/7 think how much they can get out of it.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is that was that's about? PvP bots or something? I've been noticing that myself the past couple weeks, whenever I (rarely) teleport back to the Enclave and it puts me in that spot. Usually about 5-8, all TR's, not always with obvious names (some were actual names, but probably from the "Random name generator"). The first time I thought it was some TR Guild or something, lol.

Bot's make more sense...sadly enough. But it is funny to see.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    whats amuses me more is cuz they are all TR

Says a lot about pvp balance. It says TRs win in PvP with no gear and no brain.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »

They don't even Win, TR seems to just be the easiest to create an Automated Attack Program for. I remember a while back there were a few GF and CW bots on occasion, they never seemed to work right, so now they just stick with TRs.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    they all TR's cause as far as i know tr accounts are the more profitable ones to sell... yeah i can asure.. that tr accounts are being lvled to be sold :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    they all TR's cause as far as i know tr accounts are the more profitable ones to sell... yeah i can asure.. that tr accounts are being lvled to be sold :/

Well, probably not the ones with names like "fasfdsaggs", no one wants to buy a TR with a button-mashing name. >> There's a 'generate name' button, it takes less energy than typing random keys, I wonder why so many of them are still using that method.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Well with the server mergers expect this small hoard to get much larger. The botters are going to love this merger.
  • Options
    aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2013
    Well, probably not the ones with names like "fasfdsaggs", no one wants to buy a TR with a button-mashing name. >> There's a 'generate name' button, it takes less energy than typing random keys, I wonder why so many of them are still using that method.

Rename token, 400 zen.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    aquillazx wrote: »
    Rename token, 400 zen.

It will not change the @handle. In most cases, that is the name that looks like someones cat danced on the keyboard. The name that can be changed, the character name, is most often simply just the first name the name generator came up with. And that generally isn't a problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I fear this will only get worse with the server merge (
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i call bs. a bot would have a hard time earning more than 300 points if they won their home cap before getting destroyed. and if that's all the points they accumulate, that's zero glory rewards. so at best, a bot would have to accumulate the daily quest AD. so... if it takes 100 bots to play pvp four times each to make 400k rough ad in a day... and that would take too many resources to justify.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i call bs. a bot would have a hard time earning more than 300 points if they won their home cap before getting destroyed. and if that's all the points they accumulate, that's zero glory rewards. so at best, a bot would have to accumulate the daily quest AD. so... if it takes 100 bots to play pvp four times each to make 400k rough ad in a day... and that would take too many resources to justify.

As long as there is easy AD and exp to make, there will be bots. The picture says it. Either a delusional bs fanboy or trolling the complainers.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thats how these gold farmers level characters for people. They run a bunch of games with peoples characters they want leveled and run the bot program. They can level a toon in a couple days and never actually play the character. It was very prevalent in SWTOR with space missions as well. Anyone can do it with a $30 program.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    canbeen wrote: »

Its a way to lvl your toonz. Then sell them after.

Oh just wait when they merge servers that group will be 3-4 times larger.

And more and more people will be in PVP with them at higher rates then now.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey all, thanks for reporting this. Please note that we take all reports of botting/cheating/hacking extremely seriously. Feel free to message any of us (or contact Customer Support or submit an in-game ticket) with any details that you may have.

Thank you!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »

Lol if you lose to bots you should probably uninstall...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.