test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

make pvp more balanced

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
as a player that loves to play pvp , a lot of times i get frustrated as a play against teams that have much better gs and knowledge them my team mates. so it takes out all of the fun.

my suggestion is very simple why not balance the pvp lvls?

make 9k play against 9k.
make 11k play against 11k
that way i am sure plp will enjoy more playing against some one that can be a true competition.

hopefully nw will take this as a considerations.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lemonchill wrote: »
    as a player that loves to play pvp , a lot of times i get frustrated as a play against teams that have much better gs and knowledge them my team mates. so it takes out all of the fun.

make 9k play against 9k.
    that way i am sure plp will enjoy more playing against some one that can be a true competition.

Errrmmm...conq GF would be fighting vs guys that are far more geared.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013

make 9k play against 9k.

HORRIBLE IDEA...

BIS GWFs have 10.4k GS... Trust me, no 10k GS player would be able to touch one...

GS means NOTHING.

Now I wouldnt be opposed to a <8300 GS PVP and >8300 GS pvp brackets...

Is that the T2 GS requirement? This means if you cant even RUN T2s dont bother pvping with people that can...
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

make 9k play against 9k.

One problem with this idea. I think Tenebrous enchantments normally do not affect GS. This means a player stacking Tenebrous will be slotted to the lower GS fights and will own them.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited October 2013
    make 9k play against 9k.

It's reasonable for the matchmaking to take gear score into account in some fashion, however, they would really have to clean up the way gear score is calculated before they could do this. Currently, equivalent levels of gearing can produce wildly different gear scores depending on the class. Additionally, lots of enchants and effects don't currently factor into gear score at all.
    garret_fi.png
  • Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It's reasonable for the matchmaking to take gear score into account in some fashion, however, they would really have to clean up the way gear score is calculated before they could do this. Currently, equivalent levels of gearing can produce wildly different gear scores depending on the class. Additionally, lots of enchants and effects don't currently factor into gear score at all.

Hi guys, whats up?
    Im new here, and I love pvp and d&d... can you answer me some questions?

1- is the pvp here p2w? I mean if a guy spend 500 bucks is he immortal here? How does the cash shop affect pvp?

2- how much you need to spend here to play all content of the game?

Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    Hi guys, whats up?
    Im new here, and I love pvp and d&d... can you answer me some questions?

1- is the pvp here p2w? I mean if a guy spend 500 bucks is he immortal here? How does the cash shop affect pvp?

2- how much you need to spend here to play all content of the game?

Thank you!

Spending money on gear won't make you good at playing the game, which is the largest part of winning in PvP, but unfortunately, their are some enchantments which are so vastly more powerful than anything else in the game, and that don't drop anymore and so are very expensive, that spending money on them will put you at an extreme advantage in PvP.

All the content in the game is free.
  • Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Spending money on gear won't make you good at playing the game, which is the largest part of winning in PvP, but unfortunately, their are some enchantments which are so vastly more powerful than anything else in the game, and that don't drop anymore and so are very expensive, that spending money on them will put you at an extreme advantage in PvP.

All the content in the game is free.

Hey ranncore, ty for replying!

How much those enchants break the pvp? Are they only obtained by cash, or can be grinded?

Thanks again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey ranncore, ty for replying!

How much those enchants break the pvp? Are they only obtained by cash, or can be grinded?

Thanks again!

You'll have an edge, that's the best way to say it. I'm a F2P gamer and I have Greater Vorpal/Greater Soulforge (Perfect is the best), and rank 6-8s. Getting rank 8s and Greaters is very reasonable if you can put the time in. Getting perfects, R9s and R10s can happen, but you have to put your time into farming a lot for items to sell on the AH.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    that would be so fun, pop in a perfect vorpal and make the gs be 9k and own the ... out of everyone ;p
    gs itself need to be fixed first before such a thing is even fair ;p
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No, leave the GS matchmaking alone, doesn't work. Bad idea as others stated.

Make ladders based on team/personal performance, then matchmaking based on ladder position. This will solve the leavers problem and the "PvP imbalanced" topics 99%. This way if you do poorly, you will only meet guys doing just as poor as you give or take, and as you advance you would meet better and better teams.

I'll say this ladders/matchmaking thing until it sinks in properly into the mind of somebody relevant that will pass it to the devs.

Also, the top PvPers should have unique rewards that will make them stay at the end of a season (yes, we need PvP seasons as well).