test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue Shards To Create Lessers

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just curious, has anyone purchased a large group of blue shards just to see how many it takes to create 1 lesser (without a ward)?

At 1 percent I understand it could technically take thousands but just curious to see if anyone has done it before.

Thanks,

StevenX
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
Post edited by xcessiveforce40 on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Try it on the preview server. I can't imagine why anyone would want to risk so much waste in the game. Bear in mind that the 1% chance applies to each and every time you try to merge shards...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have made a lesser holy avenger. Took about 120 shards. I would never buy shards for this purpose, rather i do it to clear out bank space of completely valueless shards. Basically whenever i hit 2 stacks of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchants (40) that sell for <100 ad i just crunch them, its like all other lottery style rng things in this game.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Statistically speaking, with a 1% chance, you could get 1 result out of 100 tries.
    With some shards that cost 500ad or less, you could wind up with a Lesser for under 50k.
    Of course, said results are not guaranteed; it might take 200 shards before you get a result. Or it might take 10. Random!
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I've made a few dozen.
  • setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My guild recently did that with quite a few shards and a surprising success rate. As our shards started reaching multiple stacks (of 20) we decided to try and see if it was possible to create an enchantment from the shards without a coalescent ward. We grabbed the full stacks of 20 and began to attempt to fuse with no ward. Out of the 8 or so stacks of 20 - each different types - we successful fused 5 Lesser * Enchantments. Soulforged, Frostburn, Terror, Holy Avenger, and Negation.

Personally, I was quite surprised. I had just assumed that the 1% change was simply falsely stated and they did require a coalescent ward. Looking at the odds, I suppose luck with on our side with that time...
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I had some garbage luck on opening nightmare boxes..

Got pretty much all greens and junk, only blue was 1 coal ward.

I was gonna use that to make a greater bronzewood. But instead tried it with a pres ward. Worked first try.

Helped average out my junk luck.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • ccspamccspam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sadly enough, i actually did the math some time ago.

If the probability of success is p it will take on average 3 + 1/p shards to make a higher ranked one. So for epics p = 0.01 and it will take on average 103 shards.