test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTB Hammer

yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Temple
I really wonder why the DC in this game does not have a hammer or a mace. Seriously, when I see a chain wearing Templar-style healer then I expect him to have a two-handed hammer, a one-handed hammer, a mace, a morning star, a flail... and not some sort of symbol with a chain attached to it that looks more like a cross that he holds up in the air in front of people praying. Why did they come up with such a "weapon" anyway???

I'd like to see a melee healer that comes with a melee weapon and with melee abilities that deal some decent damage and I want to have much more customization by using hammers, shields etc. The symbol becomes really boring, especially the attack animation with it really sucks. From all chars he really has the worst main-hand items (ok, the second worst because the orb of the CW is even worse).

Those symbols, totems, icons or whatever should go with shamans, druids, witch healers... The DC in Neverwinter is more like a battle priest. When you type in "Dungeon & Dragon cleric" into Google the first impressions you will see are knight-like characters with hammers/maces and often even shields and no symbol holding preaching freaks.

I'd like to see a Paragon path along with changes to the gear. Focussing on melee abilities that go along with a melee weapon. Melee abilities that are not far behind of those from a GF. A heavy armored battle priest should be able to deal some decent melee damage. And also he should be able to take some damage - he wears chain, he should be a tough enemy.
Post edited by yokihiro on

Comments

• Options
    diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    100% agree, i do like the current cleric weapon, but i have always been a fan of cleric wielding maces, even if you dont get up close and bash faces with it... i just feels right, you know, i could bash some faces if i wished, but i will choose not to.

Hoping they bring out a warpriest/paladin kind of path aswell.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Lol b/c DC is a ranged class in this game and hammers don't cast spells...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

Maybe we can throw them? :D
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

In fact, if this would be authentic D&D 4 ... a DC could wield a hammer as a BC (battle cleric) could wield a symbol.

In fact, if this would be authentic D&D at all, any cleric who not use a symbol of their deity would not be able to cast any spell.

In fact, if this would be authentic Forgotten Realms, any cleric would at least carry the favoured weapon of his deity.

However, the only thing Neverwinter and Forgotten Realms have in common is the name. Nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Contrary to what has been said the Devoted Cleric was a cleric build that focused on ranged attacks, support and wisdom-based prayers. Neverwinter's DC is also more of a caster priest, not a battle priest. Our characters prefer medium armor, use icons instead of shields and use magic almost exclusively.

The simple answer is that it would be too weird for Devoted Clerics in-game to wield maces/hammers when they actually lack any melee powers. It's all completely aesthetic - note that strength is still a secondary attribute to DCs.

In the future this should also help distinguish the DC from the Battle Cleric, which is a Leader/Striker class.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »

In the future this should also help distinguish the DC from the Battle Cleric, which is a Leader/Striker class.

IF we could have Battle Cleric I agree DC wielding symbol would make more sense.