test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just finished SP and got a T1 chest piece from the DD chest.

komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is that right? I have been running SP twice a day for weeks, well untill GTA5, but i am still hat-less. I run it today and get a chest piece.

I pikced the Focal Magi piece, that is T1 right?
Post edited by komodoone on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, that is right.

And for T1 dungeons, you can get a blue drop instead out of the delve chest.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    You only have a 10% chance to get the T2 choice if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    cr8t0rcr8t0r Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    twstdecho wrote: »

This is the reason why Im quitting, bad enough I miss DD 85% of the time because of my schedule, waiting in PE for hours trying to figure out what to do, doing 2 maps of PVP is redundant. Already have 4 characters at 60 which have 10K GS because once you hit 60 and you complete all your daily's you only have a few choices... log off or pvp (2 maps), or stand around PE trolling in zone chat.
  • Options
    aargosaargos Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've ran it twice each DD too for about 3 weeks.....missed a couple of DDs tho.... no hat from any runs not even t1.I stopped counting the no. of runs I did when I did my 14 run....It has reached a point where:
    -Its no longer fun
    -Its a waste of my time
    -There is no point in doing it anymore...
    I couldnt wait to get my Miracle Healer hat so I would never ever had to run SP again...I didnt get it it, turned boring and most of all It started feeling like work instead of me playing a game.. that was my qeue to quit doing it...
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    I also had problems getting the T2 helm to drop compared to the other T2 set items, even though I had more completions in SP than in the other T2 dungeons.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?492971-Spellplague-T2-Head-drop-rate-seems-really-low-compared-to-other-instances

After I made the post about it, I ran it two more times and both times a T2 helm dropped. Go figure.
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yup, just made a post about this too....

I am not going to waste another night going for my Miracle Healer helm on my cleric...

Make DD chests drop what they are supposed to because gear is Bind on Pickup anyway..... or make it drop something worth the trudge down there.

Want to make the heads a rare epic slot ?...Fine... Tnen make the other 75 % of the time an Ancient or Grand Ring / Neck / Waist.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Typical classic players complaining because they are unlucky. You prefer to get the set from 3rd run right? because it is more fun and rewarding that way. jeez.

RNG isn't the right game system for you then.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What did you expect? A full set after one run of each dungeon? I think you have your head in the clouds. :p

It has to take time to make people stick to the game for some time, until the next content release at least. The devs will balance the loot drop rates around this figure: 3 months for the average player to get what the module/release has to offer. If you think it can change before they add 3-4 new dungeons with T3, well, you're dreaming. :) So if you want your full set asap, you better run more dungeons or buy ADs to get it.
  • Options
    aargosaargos Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Typical classic players complaining because they are unlucky. You prefer to get the set from 3rd run right? because it is more fun and rewarding that way. jeez.

RNG isn't the right game system for you then.

Esteena Right on Q gurl!!! your opinion just NEEDS to be heard everywhere right??gurl?
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what do you guys want anyways? 1 helm in 10 runs? 1 helm in 5 runs? 1 helm in every run?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    It is BOP.... should be you choice of T2 helm every DD run... that was the way I understood it to be... that was the excuse for the BOP I thought....

**Edit** not fair to have EXTREMELY skewed "RNG" AND have BOP.... you want to keep the rarity of "RNG" ... then keep it BOE

Basically, if the DD chest gives a set piece, you'll get your choice of 1 of 3 pieces. If it's a ring, necklace, shard, etc, then you just get what you get...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited October 2013
    twstdecho wrote: »
    cr8t0r wrote: »
    This is the reason why Im quitting, bad enough I miss DD 85% of the time because of my schedule, waiting in PE for hours trying to figure out what to do, doing 2 maps of PVP is redundant. Already have 4 characters at 60 which have 10K GS because once you hit 60 and you complete all your daily's you only have a few choices... log off or pvp (2 maps), or stand around PE trolling in zone chat.

Oh it's a setup it's a setup it's a setup there's a
    Oh it's a setup it's a setup it's a setup there's a

Oh it's a setup it's a setup it's a setup there's a traitor there's a mole it's a peacetime overthrow down
    bound to break you, get you beat

bound to break you, get you beat: at least remove/lower the chance to get T1 in T2 dungeons unless you plan to allow the upgrading of T1's like we can for T2 arms.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    RNG is the ONLY system, and it is getting old.... I have had more fun playing a MMO on my iOS system then this game... I keep checking in to see if they added a new class, or actually fixed the dungeons.... but all it is, is nerf, nerf, bug, nerf, mount, companion, rinse and repeat... *wretch*

Module 2 will include two new classes. Check the interview on the general section somewhere because im lazy to link it :D.
  • Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited October 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    What did you expect? A full set after one run of each dungeon? I think you have your head in the clouds. :p

Yeah I have to admit I kind of did.

When I start a new dungeon, I take my DC because people are more likely to let a DC in with no experience. I got the DC hat on the first go. The next day I took my CW, and the HV hat drop on the last boss. I lost the hat on the Loot Roll to the other CW, but still just seeing the hat had my hopes pretty high.

Now, four weeks later, with only about a week off in total, I open the DD chest, and I finally see I have three choices. As I look for the choice that gives the HV hat, I see they are all T1 chest pieces.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    RNG is the ONLY system, and it is getting old.... I have had more fun playing a MMO on my iOS system then this game... I keep checking in to see if they added a new class, or actually fixed the dungeons.... but all it is, is nerf, nerf, bug, nerf, mount, companion, rinse and repeat... *wretch*

Well, there are the seals, and you do get more of those form the DD chest as well. The only thing the devs need to do here is to improve the selection of the things you can buy with them. Heck, why not add *all* dungeon drops to the various seal vendors - they can cost a lot of seals and require that you actually complete the dungeon they come from (at least once).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    komodoone wrote: »
    Yeah I have to admit I kind of did.

The dungeons aren't imporribly hard or challenging. If you could get the drop every time not only would you have no further goals because you would be fully equipped within a few days but the value of the boss drops themselves (the BoE versions) would be worthless.

I actually don't like that the game even gives guaranteed purples. It should have a whole slew of potential drops including AD.
    But I come from a history of MMO's where the actual top drops were beyond stupidly rare and the average person had to buy them through other means such as non-combat skills or accumulated lower value drops.

In an MMO you should expect to have to go through some hoops to get the things you want. They won't get handed to you and in all honesty this game is on the easier end of the RNG scale which I feel plays massively into the economy woes.

However if the chance for a T2 out of the chest is only 10% as one of the posters claimed (there has been absolutely no confirmation on that) then I must be one lucky son of a gun. In my experience it's much, much more common.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The dungeons aren't imporribly hard or challenging. If you could get the drop every time not only would you have no further goals because you would be fully equipped within a few days but the value of the boss drops themselves (the BoE versions) would be worthless.

I actually don't like that the game even gives guaranteed purples. It should have a whole slew of potential drops including AD.
    But I come from a history of MMO's where the actual top drops were beyond stupidly rare and the average person had to buy them through other means such as non-combat skills or accumulated lower value drops.

In an MMO you should expect to have to go through some hoops to get the things you want. They won't get handed to you and in all honesty this game is on the easier end of the RNG scale which I feel plays massively into the economy woes.

However if the chance for a T2 out of the chest is only 10% as one of the posters claimed (there has been absolutely no confirmation on that) then I must be one lucky son of a gun. In my experience it's much, much more common.

In a sense, I agree with your sentiment, but at the same time, either there needs to be a smaller gap between blue and purple gear, or there needs to be some other way of progressing (gear-wise) from green -> blue -> T1 -> T2. The jump in performance is significant enough that people outright exclude those w/o at least T1's. Other factors, like the rarity/expense of coalescent wards and shards, also means that blues w/ weapon or armor enchantments are a waste.

It would be great, for instance, if there was a system where I could go on some quests or skirmish-scale instances, obtain some components, and upgrade my blues. Maybe something like being able to forge a single enchantment shard into a blue to improve it, (but not quite on the scale of a full blown enchantment). It'd also be nice if there was a way to sort of recycle purple items you don't want or can't use, (and not just for RADs), in order to improve your current gear.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Well, there are the seals, and you do get more of those form the DD chest as well. The only thing the devs need to do here is to improve the selection of the things you can buy with them. Heck, why not add *all* dungeon drops to the various seal vendors - they can cost a lot of seals and require that you actually complete the dungeon they come from (at least once).

As you said, the big problem with seal items are that they're pretty much worthless post T1. If each of the T1 or T2 set items was available in the seal vendor stores for say...150 to 200 seals each there would be much less frustration. Perhaps couple this with increasing the number of DD's per day.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014