test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Running List of Whats Wrong in Neverwinter.

herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
Tenebrous Enchantments need Fixed. Completely Overpowered in PvP as is. Some great suggestions by the community in the Gameplay section.

High Vizier needs a stack limit and max stack limit on mobs / bosses. Similar to Duelist Flurry Bleed Effect, max 10 stacks, rotating tick back to 0 on max stack.

Dungeon add's need removed with more boss type mechanics added in. We asked for this in Feywild and they said we would get it and I have to say we are severely disappointed with that implementation. Gauntlegrym tier 2 Boss is done very nicely. Look at that event and start there.

Have the R&D team go through each dungeon with a fine tooth comb to eliminate walking through Walls.... Bosses glitching off cliffs...running campfire to campfire...or wall to wall near campfires.

Give reasons for players to want or need to clear trash. Small named bosses that drop High Enchants or Companion specific gear or Companions similar to the ratio of the Blink Dog from Tower of Celidaine... "Named" mobs.

Raise Dungeon Delve chest piece reward that players want to 25 % . Since most people cannot even make it online during a Delve event, you wont see over saturation, not to mention, the gear is Bind on Pickup anyway.

Take the forum moderators and give the "DM" powers in game, to enforce Player behavior and to monitor a ticket system to take pressure off the Customer Service team. Or find players who are respectable to the community with cool heads, preferably mature players, who can fill this role. this game is dying for a DM / GM moderatorship in game.

Give them the ability to run Dungeons and Dragons themed events. Such as the awakening of some evil, or the rumor of Drizzt passing through Neverwinter... a whisper of Bruenor in Gauntlegrym alive... or...undead... The Lich from Neverdeath Graveyard decided he didn't like his Phylactery anymore and released himself to command the undead in the Graveyard for some minor entertainment since he seemed like a jolly fellow ( for being a Lich, lol )

feel free to add more ladies and gentlemen.
Post edited by herk412 on

Comments

• loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My biggest gripe, is my server in particular (mindflayer) is becoming a ghost-town, a dramatic number of mates and in some cases entire guilds havn't logged on for a little over a month now.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    loomyza wrote: »
    My biggest gripe, is my server in particular (mindflayer) is becoming a ghost-town, a dramatic number of mates and in some cases entire guilds havn't logged on for a little over a month now.

Thats going to be rectified with the server merge coming soon. So its a temporary gripe thats already got a solution in place.
  • xkazuyaixxkazuyaix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You guys are addressing to a company made to rip off the money from people, only fixing and prioritizing the bugs that affect their wallets. So don't raise your hopes.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xkazuyaix wrote: »
    You guys are addressing to a company made to rip off the money from people, only fixing and prioritizing the bugs that affect their wallets. So don't raise your hopes.

So you are telling me that everything in the latest patch that went live and the patch currently on the test server only affects their wallet?

Hell, one of the things on the current patch goes against their wallet since it means less AD will be spent on transmutations.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Good summary of some of the issues, especially the Dungeon Delves. I will try to reply with some information for you:
    • I just received an internal fix for the High Vizer set stacking issue and it will be rolling out in the coming weeks.
    • Dungeon Delves are some of our end game content and we want it to be fun, rewarding and still challenging. That said, there was a meeting the other day about how to address some of the issues you described such as length and rewards to see how we can improve things short term as well as long term. Not much more information for that at this time other than: "We agree we want to improve this experience."
    • Deeper boss fights are a challenge that we are trying to address as we move forward. Have you tried the new Valindra fight in Malabog's Castle?
    • Exploits are constantly being fixed and is something I spend a portion of nearly every day tracking to get resolved and into a build. We don't like them either as it hurts our above goal severely.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We also want to see a better and evolved game as we continue development.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    • I just received an internal fix for the High Vizer set stacking issue and it will be rolling out in the coming weeks.

What about the Identical UGC Foundry Created Items are not stackable issue?!?
    Sounds like perfect timing to kill two bugs with one hammer.

Edit: Oops, wrong kind of stacking...but still. :p
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    Good summary of some of the issues, especially the Dungeon Delves. I will try to reply with some information for you:

Good, i have 3 CW's none of which use this set
    It should not have been overlooked in the first place, things like this get taken advantage of, surely we will hear rage quit posts cause people foolishly took to the trend and removed all their enchants from their other gear. HAHA, fools.

EDIT: also, are you ablet o sus out what is going on visually with blue items with an enchant appearing to add the current enchant to the original value of enchanted stat plus adding 2x extra enchant visuals
    example : piercing berserker belt : has 244 crit (or something) and 133 arp, put a rank 5 dark in it, it says it has 244 crit, 253 arp, +120 arp +120 arp...

YES i know this is only a visual error, it does not account toward stats... but so many foolish players beleive these are THE best items in game, cause it adds multiple stats, i am sick of informing them otherwise.. thanks
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [*]Exploits are constantly being fixed and is something I spend a portion of nearly every day tracking to get resolved and into a build. We don't like them either as it hurts our above goal severely.
    [/LIST]

I'm pretty sure you're doing your best, but every time you fix an exploit, exploiters find a workaround a few hours after the patch. Since there are exploits i've reported weeks ago without seeing a fix on the live server, i'm not sure you can do something about it, especially with the current way you try to fix broken stuff. Every time it's an invisible wall. Sure it's a cheap fix but it doesn't work. So, may i ask if you're working on an anti cheating program or something like that? I mean, it's weird, we can climb on props we shouldn't even be able to see. How is that possible? It should be strictly impossible to move out of the legitimate playing area. And it should be impossible to kill a boss when you haven't cleared a dungeon. It doesn't make sense.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Tenebrous Enchantments need Fixed. Completely Overpowered in PvP as is. Some great suggestions by the community in the Gameplay section.

And for the record, this is a cry post.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    MC is just... kind of all around an UGH kind of a dungeon for a lot of the PUGs I've run. Between the length it takes to even reach Valindra, and now that the dragon isn't bugged, the loot drops not being much of a relative improvement over most T1 things... yeah, it just isn't worth the headache. "Get a guild and run it" isn't an option for everyone. I love the boons from Sharandar and that is what I've been focusing on with this module, simply because of my distaste of MC. I'd rather do repetition in a party than solo repetition XD.

On the flipside, one of my friends absolutely loves the dungeon and looks forward to running it whenever she can.

That aside, glad to see a much a continuing practice of communication coming out from Devs/staff. All bugs and issues strike home to someone's experience with the game and I am very happy to see this sort of communication coming out. Please keep up the good work and in time I do hope you all get to the bugs/issues that are as wide and varied as the player base.
    contents to be decided
  • srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    And for the record, this is a cry post.

for the record, alot more people think it's an issue. only crying here is you about the fix needing to be done.
  • cyanbluestone007cyanbluestone007 Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    • Dungeon Delves are some of our end game content and we want it to be fun, rewarding and still challenging. That said, there was a meeting the other day about how to address some of the issues you described such as length and rewards to see how we can improve things short term as well as long term. Not much more information for that at this time other than: "We agree we want to improve this experience."
    • Deeper boss fights are a challenge that we are trying to address as we move forward. Have you tried the new Valindra fight in Malabog's Castle?
    • Exploits are constantly being fixed and is something I spend a portion of nearly every day tracking to get resolved and into a build. We don't like them either as it hurts our above goal severely.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We also want to see a better and evolved game as we continue development.

I don't like that you are pointing to MC as your improved Boss fight mechanic. I do MC alot since as a GF it is good. But I still know alot of players that use a TR instead of a GF. Sure the tactics in the fight are there. Working together to stop adds from spawning is alot better than dealing with spawned adds. But the problem is Class balance. GF's, GWF's and TR's are all fighting for the melee spot on the team and is often you only need one. with 3 CW's and a TR.

CW's have every advantage in MC, Contorl, Aoe damage and ranged DPS, Ranged DPS is vital to burn down Val or Malestrom to stop her casting. But I will not say nerf the CW's abilities the CW is the only class whose abilities all seem cool and useful and it is hard to choose which ones you want.

You must , absolutely Must focus on improving class abilities that no one uses because players see them as too weak or too situation to ever consider using them. If these abilities got improved on par with the other class abilities this will put all classes at the same level of the CW. CW's are powerful from there abilities and choice. CW's did not focus Damage until MC came out it completely changed ho the CW was played when cliff pushes where no longer a factor. But because the CW is a well put together class it was able to adjust its role to the changes of the game. No other class can do that. Well TR and DC have some power but not nearly as much as the CW.

GF's cannot trade damage for control. I would love to see a pure defensive GF that controls the mobs without the need to do damage and is still as valuable as the high damage high threat GF's all the Good GF's play today are.

And GWF's are a joke. I never take them to MC since they cannot out threat a TR or do comparable single target damage. And there Aoe Cannot beat a CW's AOE and since they have no threat they also have 0 Control, less control than a TR. GWF is another class that cannot focus defense and be useful at all. In fact even a hybrid GWF is useless in PvE. GWF is all damage or nothing. And even if they are all damage they cannot compare to other Damage dealing classes.

I want to see the Pure DPS glass cannon GWF's be the top Aoe Damage dealers in the game and the #2 Single target DPS next to the TR. I want to see hybrid (attack/defense) GWFS be able to dish out good damage and hold threat on mobs above the CW and DC on anything they are hitting. And the Pure Defense GWF needs to out threat the TR but not the GF but still do more damage than the GF. Only if they can do this do they fufill the role of being a tank when needed and damage dealer the rest of the time like the class should be.

Then I would consider having one along with my GF. But right now my GF does everything better than a GWF can ever hope to do and that includes damage.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Personaly we don't have prob on kill fulmi, took 10-15min for kill it. Never go whit PuG on boss when you need the coordination on TS, you will never kill it. After all, isn't so hard to kill it, just nuke Valindra when she come on the battleground and don't waste daily on the drago but use it on valindra ( she stay 5 sec when she open the gate, so you have the time for debuff her and kill it )
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    [*]Deeper boss fights are a challenge that we are trying to address as we move forward. Have you tried the new Valindra fight in Malabog's Castle?

Yes, it was probably the most insanely broken encounter in the game yet. Very annoying. Some QA needed, if you're going to try and do "proper" MMO bossfights :)

Edit: (That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try.. I love the design of the fight, just the implementation was terrible)
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    TBH I'm reaching the conclusion that removing all exploits is not in PWE's interest, the metagaming of finding exploits is what keeps some people playing the game.

For the hardcore gamer on top machines with fast connections (<50ms) the boss fights are reasonable challenges that can be beaten by co-ordinated teams.

For the casual gamer running in pugs the boss fights are an impossible nightmare in Epic.

Truth is the exploits make the end game playable for the middle ground, and that's good for PWE (though they'll never admit it publicly) and it appeals to a certain group of players (yes those much vilified exploiters that are so popular in private when that t2 item is on the line thanks to BoP).

For example I live with 300-500ms lag. I'm a casual gamer, so my ability to follow what's happening on screen is not high, and I also get fun with colour blindness in some areas. So my reaction time probably runs out to the 200-300ms range (if not slower at times). This means that it can take up to 800ms before I press a key to dodge, plus another 300-500ms for that info to get to the server; so over 1s for a dodge command to go through. That means more often than not I get hit by effects. If my lag was <50ms the biggest factor would be my reaction time, and I could dodge more readily.

So take the Epic DV event as an example, with 2 players experiencing > 300ms lag they spend more time dieing in a sea of red zones than dodging. Its not because the fight is bad its because lag kills.

If every Epic dungeon was like DV, the "end game" would be closed to me except for Sharandar, and with how repetitive that is there wouldn't be a lot of incentive to hang around and invest time in the game. Of course module 2 will help with that quite a bit.

Also sticking to a wall to sneak past doesn't strike me as an exploit, but smart play. Why not complain that nearby mobs don't all come running when you start a fight? It amounts to the same thing. (Incidentally this can be solved using triggers and perception checks in both cases....)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i have a 12k gwf character and many times i get questions when i try to look for group can u tank or can u kite and dah dont know what to say.
    the character class name say great weapon fighter but i have to find anything great about that class. less control no threat low dps the only way to top these is to max out ur character and even if u do that if other class maxed out character comes than it still pale in comparison, i mean wtfk there is still no fun of using gwf cause less team wants a gwf on mc cn. all big dungeons and when u do get in its with pugs. if u start ranking classse then it will come in order 1st cw 2nd tr and dc 3rd gf and lastly gwf and its name says great weapon fighter so i dont think u will change be able to change the gwf so can u change its name to the great sissy fighter . that will be much easier for u. :P