test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last Chance for Feywild Lockbox!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited October 2013 in News & Announcements
Hey all,

Feywild Lockboxes will be going away this Thursday, October 3, 2013, after our planned maintenance. We'll be introducing another lockbox then with new (and awesome) rewards! Be sure to check our homepage for details on our new lockbox.

Your existing lockboxes will remain to sell or open. If you are dreaming of a Sylvan Stag Mount or Aranea Companion, take advantage of our Enchanted Keys sale and open a lockbox today!

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So each new module will introduce a new lockbox? Well, I can't say I'm sad to see the feywild ones go ^^;. Thanks for the info!
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    So each new module will introduce a new lockbox? Well, I can't say I'm sad to see the feywild ones go ^^;. Thanks for the info!

Most likely, but I doubt this lockbox is tied to the next module since we are still a ways away from it.
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Lol, so a fail on the fey lockboxes as sales obviously dropped, along with a drop in the number of players, hence the sever merge happening soon.

How about you actually introduce meaningful pvp and endgame content if you want to impress us and bring people back before the big AAA mmo's come out.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    Lol, so a fail on the fey lockboxes as sales obviously dropped, along with a drop in the number of players, hence the sever merge happening soon.

How about you actually introduce meaningful pvp and endgame content if you want to impress us and bring people back before the big AAA mmo's come out.

Dude. Server shard mergers has been the plan from the very beginning. This has ALWAYS been the case. But yeah, feywild lock boxes didn't seem to work out that well. Too bad, because that stag is gorgeous.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Dude. Server shard mergers has been the plan from the very beginning. This has ALWAYS been the case. But yeah, feywild lock boxes didn't seem to work out that well. Too bad, because that stag is gorgeous.

I know they were planned for a while, but I don't believe in coincidences when player numbers have dropped and fey boxes have been out for a little over a month and they are already being replaced, along with the announcement of the merge.

What I hate along with so many others, where games companies fail time and time again, is the lies.

And not omitting the truth is the same as lying before someone says something.

One good thing though, they have had to do something, because the customers have obviously made them listen by using the one thing they can't ignore, the sound of money walking out of the door!

Just a shame like so many failed games before, it's cause and effect, they are reactive rather than being proactive!
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    may be fix the enchantments issues in box instead just brining out new one this soon. def enchantments with 1 min cd are just fail an be much more fair and viable at 20 sec cd.

so plan is to screw ppl who bought keys and got the enchantments instead fixing them?

how can you expect people to invest there ad/zen/cash into items that are not working right and you don't fix them to be more viable its basically just con and people will not open box's if you go in this direction instead fixing broken items and plz put hidden effects on the icons because that's also a con you should get what you pay for not with hidden nerfs
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It looks like the feywild box is a huge failure. Lockboxes don't stay for 1 month only.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It looks like the feywild box is a huge failure. Lockboxes don't stay for 1 month only.

Agreed, the enchants where terribad(proc chance + effects) and the whole pay for a chance at 10 fey sparks was strange, also opened tons and never saw a single spider lady. If only i had used my keys on the nightmare lockboxes when the inferno mount bonanza was on as i would not have got banned for the "exploit":confused:
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The Nightmare box gave you the chance to get cool enchantments, Leadership packs, astral idols -the worst you could get where the runestone packs- if you didn't get the Nightmare or the Phoera. But the Feywild Lockbox tosses a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> besides mount and companion. Plus the Stag is plain ugly.

Sayonara bye-bye, Feywild Lockboxes. You won't be missed.

Just a public service: you can sell 100 Feywild Lockboxes for a little more than 8 silver. Much more useful.
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Please note that Nightmare Lockboxes will not be deleted when Fury of the Feywild is released and will remain in your inventory until you open or sell/trade the items.

As quoted from your post; http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=961961

Way to show dedication to your product, guys. Clearly some seriously impressive corporate business there, copying and pasting lazily without proof reading at all!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seriously, this is badly needed. The Nightmare Lockbox, at least, gave genuinely valuable "consolation" prizes if you didn;t get a nightmare. I tried the Feywild Lockbox going for the Stag (like most people) and was *REALLY* disappointed with the utter junk in there. I know: junk to me, not everyone.

But let's face it: in comparison between the Nightmare and Feywild Lockboxes, the Feywild version is a real step downward in terms of the quality and usefulness of the loot. I still have a bunch of unused keys, waiting for this switch out.

All I can say is: "FINALLY!".
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Clearly some seriously impressive corporate business there, copying and pasting lazily without proof reading at all!

Lol. It was a well written article. It actually confused the heck out of me for a second and I thought maybe the nightmare box removal messages became active again by accident.

Anyway, it is good to see that they are listening a little bit and they decided to remove these boxes because they are horrible. I am also very glad to see they gave us a little advanced notice. It would have been nice if the notice came last week when you could get a few additional items from Zen transfers, but this is better than nothing. Keys are on sale and I have tons of extra AD sitting around doing nothing so I think I will grab a keys.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    It would have been nice if the notice came last week when you could get a few additional items from Zen transfers, but this is better than nothing.

By doing that they'd have only got one surge on money being wasted.

This way they'll have the idiots that bought zen to get the pet or whatever coming back for more so they can buy keys.

Announcement reads either that they're going to rework the feywild lockbox to give "better" rubbish or they're going to release a new one entirely with equivalent rubbish.

Remember that we're still waiting for the game to be completely launched with the very obviously missing paragon paths so they may just be grasping at the teats of the cashcow before they all run dry and what goodwill exists within the players vanishes entirely. No doubt when they arrive there'll be a paragon lockbox with a respec token inside.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    I know they were planned for a while, but I don't believe in coincidences when player numbers have dropped and fey boxes have been out for a little over a month and they are already being replaced, along with the announcement of the merge.

What I hate along with so many others, where games companies fail time and time again, is the lies.

And not omitting the truth is the same as lying before someone says something.

One good thing though, they have had to do something, because the customers have obviously made them listen by using the one thing they can't ignore, the sound of money walking out of the door!

Just a shame like so many failed games before, it's cause and effect, they are reactive rather than being proactive!

yes, you're right. doom and gloom threads declaring a decreasing player base, demanding the shard merge and everything else about this game that is "wrong" must have a positive impact on the decisions made in this company.

and yes, the lies, too. never mind the fact that all of the summed up conjecture in these forums does not make any of it true. and no matter how many times others point that out, it makes no difference because they are going to believe what they want to believe.

where the shame really is, is that people actually spend precious time out of their lives to spread negativity rather than accept the fact that not everyone has the same outlook they do. not better. just different.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    also, it's actually entertaining reading through all the commentary and conjecture about the company's decision to change out the feywild lockbox. some think that it's because they were a flop. others hate all lockboxes and cast negative judgment on cryptic/pwe for their incorporation in the game.

well here's another way to look at this:

the feywild lockbox might have been a limited time promotion... now that module 1 has been live for a while and with halloween coming up, maybe a seasonal box is going to drop. with module 2 just months away, maybe a teaser box is going to start dropping.

and maybe the boxes didn't do as well as the nightmare lockboxes did. i know... BURN right? this must definitely be the last nail in the neverwinter coffin. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yup, the new box is going to tie into Halloween. It has nothing to do with the popularity of the Feywild boxes.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Well We tried 10 sale keys..all junk. Glad they are gone. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

the feywild lockbox might have been a limited time promotion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dZw1iBWL0
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    yes, you're right. doom and gloom threads declaring a decreasing player base, demanding the shard merge and everything else about this game that is "wrong" must have a positive impact on the decisions made in this company.

and yes, the lies, too. never mind the fact that all of the summed up conjecture in these forums does not make any of it true. and no matter how many times others point that out, it makes no difference because they are going to believe what they want to believe.

where the shame really is, is that people actually spend precious time out of their lives to spread negativity rather than accept the fact that not everyone has the same outlook they do. not better. just different.

Sorry but after 14 years of mmo's I know when it something aint going the way it should, so sorry for using the experience I have had with a plethora of games companies and how they put their spin on stuff, only for the countless fails and lies time and time again!

Heck, any company that balances pve around pvp, when there is virtually 0 pvp, doesn't need a forum of people to tell them how clueless they are or they are moving in a different direction to the players.

But sure, you sit back in that fantasy world you live in, and actually keep telling yourself, "just because people are negative on the forums doesn't mean there is a problem!" lol
  • Options
    durutti13durutti13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No motive to buy keys. Give green profession items. And for those who like them... We have hundreds of them.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Man you should add some way to trade lockboxes, maybe by adding some AD or something. I mean the point of them is for us to buy keys, and kind of liked nightmare LB but didn t feel like paying for feywild it may happen again later, but whatever
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Looks like the final reason for the change is because players were unhappy with the content in the Feywild lockboxes (read the article on the main page). Imagine that. Nothing to do with Halloween or being a limited time box, they just simply were not that good. The players spoke with their wallets and the developers quickly took action and made a much needed change. Players were unhappy with the boxes and they came to the forums to voice their opinions. There was no doom and gloom here, it was just people wanting some value for their money.
This discussion has been closed.