test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Customizable companions

rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm really tired of seeing identical cleric companions (the most popular). I name them but feel no connection at all.

It would make all the difference to have some customization options, chance some face traits, gender, hair, genetics colors... etc.

It would make the world much more diverse and interesting.
Post edited by rafa2306 on

Comments

• doublegibsdoublegibs Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Frankly, randomized faces/races/gender would have been fine for me. Be kind of fun to get a companion and see who you might end up with.
  • tgiordano92tgiordano92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    agreed 100000% either one of your opinions ^
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes there is absolutely no reason why we can't have the same customization that STO has for their Companions, compared to a game that is years older Neverwinter sucks in the customization department and every time it is mentioned it gets ignored.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Allow us to apply dye to companions - for humanoids this would apply to their clothes, and for animals it would apply to their coat/carapace.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering the cost they are asking for pets. There is little means or incentive to get attached to them. Pets have no personality, no customization, nothing that makes you proud to use or display one. They are little more then annoying buffs attached to brain-dead death-seeking bobble heads. The entire pet system could be removed and simply replaced by static buffs with icons. And sadly, most people would consider that an improvement.

Cryptic could do much better then this.
  • argonlilyargonlily Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it would be cool if you could customize your companion from the start. A customization screen pops up with choices of hairstyles, face, eyes etc. or you could have the option to randomize their appearance or gender, then select the name after this. While I don't mind the companion system as-is, it's not fun to see someone else with same looking cleric, like all companion clerics have a general appearance. It loses some of its RPG element because it makes them seem as though they are lifeless prototypes for one purpose only, with no back story of their own.

Just my two cents.