test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To Clarify...

herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just so people have a grasp in what it takes to make One Single Perfect Enchantment for your weapon or Armor Slot...

4 Shards + 1 Coalescent Ward = A Lesser

4 Lessers + 1 Coalescent Ward = 1 Normal ( 16 Shards / 5 Coalescent Wards )

4 Normals + 1 Coalescent Ward = 1 Greater ( 64 Shards / 21 Coalescent Wards )

4 Greaters + 1 Coalescent Ward = 1 Perfect ( 256 Shards / 85 Coalescent Wards in total )

If you wanted to make a perfect weapon enchantment , for example, a Vorpal, this is what it would entail....

On Mindflayer...

Vorpal Shard = 20,000 AD
Coalescent Ward = 120,000 AD

256 x 20,000 = 5.12 Million AD
85 x 120,000 = 10.2 Million AD

1 Perfect Shard for A Weapon = 15.3 Million AD
Post edited by herk412 on

Comments

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's not as worse as it sounds though. Just create enough pray dummies.
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pray dummies...2 slots = 500 Zen....

Zen Exchange Currently 340 = 1 Zen ( Mindflayer )

500 Zen = 170,000 AD per 2 extra character slots.

I made this post to point out a begging and burning question....

If it takes all of that to make 1 simple Perfect Enchantment. You would expect there to be many, many less Perfect Enchantments running around in the world.

And, for the every day players there is.

So I sent a message to the Developers with this exact calculation asking them to explain to me how certain individuals can be walking around with 3-6 Perfect Armor Enchantments, Full Suit of Rank 10's, and 2-4 Perfect Weapon Enchantments.

I am generally curious as to what they're explanation would be on why these types of Enchantments, the sheer amount found on any one account.

There are multiple players...not just a few, but multiple, means many... Players on Dragon, Beholder and Mindflayer who have ultiple Characters outfitted with maximum gear and BiS and top of the line end game, 15 Million AD Enchantments in every slot.

Please , Cryptic ( or the community ) I would love to hear an explanation.
  • loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Alot of these were created through various exploits, whether safe or not to mention, its been fixed, so from what i heard is there was a period where players could combine shards using a coalescant without the coalescant being consumed, indefinately.

From just casual play, and some little effort in trading on the AH, ive managed to get 3 toons fitted out with 25% vorp, and i kind of like it, its affordable, and makes a difference. The lesser on the other hand is bearly noticeable.

Also, there are those that farm Castle Never till their eyes bleed, all day and all night, 7 days a week ;) just 10 or so runs a week, scores me about 4 ancient weapons. now just imagine they were still worth over 1mill a piece. So its not hard to imagine that some of these perfects were legitimately farmed, considering the sheer volume of pro dungeon farm groups, and on the other hand the plethora of "Shortcuts" and exploits, currently and in the past
    edited September 2013
    Exactly my point...\

Some Perfects are legitimate, but there is a overwhelming over-abundance of these Enchantments On specific players and accounts...

And I think it's high time we Start reporting people You find in this gear...if only for a Dev / Customer Service to look over the account.

For those that got things legitimately... they wont mind...But for those that come on here and rage and get defensive that we are asking Cryptic and Perfect World to look at these accounts ...makes you wonder... :)

1. How was the Perfect items attained ?
    2. What is the Max AD the account had at any one time ?
    3. What is total amount of all AD transferred to and from account.
    4. What is total amount of Zen on account history ?
    5. What is total amount of Zen transferred on and off the account.

5 simple questions could answer alot
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Are you on some personal vendetta against certain guild on mindflayer? ;) There was a time vorpal shards were alot cheaper, i myself bought a few even low as 10k ad in the beginning of summer. Anyhow I agree with you to some extent. Currently for example high viz is utterly broken and makes dungeons way too fast/easy. Not sure if there is anything else sinister going on in here except the dungeon exploits for faster farming but good thing pointing this out :) (Btw, the certain video didn't prove anything about them not pointing out your location because there was no sounds, they could've been on skype/ts/vent. If you know what I mean.) :cool:
    edited September 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    Are you on some personal vendetta against certain guild on mindflayer? ;) There was a time vorpal shards were alot cheaper, i myself bought a few even low as 10k ad in the beginning of summer. Anyhow I agree with you to some extent. Currently for example high viz is utterly broken and makes dungeons way too fast/easy. Not sure if there is anything else sinister going on in here except the dungeon exploits for faster farming but good thing pointing this out :) (Btw, the certain video didn't prove anything about them not pointing out your location because there was no sounds, they could've been on skype/ts/vent. If you know what I mean.) :cool:

Actually, no vendetta here.

I want to know a honest question.
    Why is there so many of these Enchantments going around, specifically on multile characters on specific accounts.

And nothing is / has been done ?

If there are honest reasons and explanations on how they got these enchantments, then that is fine.

I am voicing what every middle of the road player thinks when they walk through Protectors Enclavce and see certain people with Perfect Enchantments in Armor and Weapon and rank 10's in every slot.

I ran into a guy yesterday I have never seen before...
    (and with the dwindling population you know who the pvp'ers are, truthfully)

Full rank 10's, Perfect Enchants in Armor and Weapon... it was a male cleric.

How does a character achieve enchants like this in short amount of time and full Gauntlegrym Gear out of nowhere ?
    This person is a member of a guild I have GREAT relations with... and it boggles me how this is still going on..6 months into launch ?

the Extendo-ITC hack is back
    multiple Proning from GF's ( yes i am aware of the rhino spec that allows for faster cooldowns on prones and extended prones ) .. this was much more than that

So is Hacking Back ?
    Is Duping being ignored to the point the common players are being marginalized ?

Just take a look and I think as a paying customer that has invested into this game, an answer is not asking much.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    We can't forget tho, there was a time when Control rings sold for over 1 mil, and a Ancient weapon was sold for tens of millions, met some people who had so much AD from simply being able to clear CN in the early days that they had capped the 100 million max on several characters..
    Remember a certain CW for example, lets just say pre-AS nerf DC + a 13k CW with perfect Soulforged stomps in PvP..
    Wizard.jpg
    edited September 2013
    We can't forget tho, there was a time when Control rings sold for over 1 mil, and a Ancient weapon was sold for tens of millions, met some people who had so much AD from simply being able to clear CN in the early days that they had capped the 100 million max on several characters..
    Remember a certain CW for example, lets just say pre-AS nerf DC + a 13k CW with perfect Soulforged stomps in PvP..

Most of those players are gone, very few remain.

I Think I see one or two people I seen during beta weekends, everyone else is gone =/
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another explanation is money money money. There are some players who have tons of disposable income that they invest into the game. Some invest thousands of dollars into Zen and then convert it to AD. Is there anything really wrong with this? No, because the devs needs to make money to keep the game going. Would I ever invest that much into a game? Hell no.
    herk412 wrote: »
    Most of those players are gone, very few remain.

I Think I see one or two people I seen during beta weekends, everyone else is gone =/

They probably have the right idea and abandoned the game already.....Have a nice day.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I have no problem if people wanted to dump the money into the game.

I find it unlikely that spending roughly over 1,000 dollars per character is as common as you see multiple characters from one account meaning they have spent at least 5,000 dollars on that account.

Now spread that across many different players / accounts.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, bot enchant farmers abound. Every couple of days the same "people" will put up 99 Rank 5 Darks or Radiants. And those came from... where? They sell for 500k-700k AD.

I think some people take losses on those Perfect Enchants, too. A TR in my guild got his Perfect Vorpal for 8kk. Not a bad price. Someone took a loss or knows something I don't.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perfect Vorpals sell between 8.5mil-11mil AD on Dragon.
    Greaters sell for 3-3.2mil

So just playing the market you can buy a perfect by selling 3 greaters.

I've made 1 perfect enchant in the 5 months i've been playing, the old fashioned way, 256 shards (most of which I got from dungeon drops, probably bought maybe 50) and coal wards, exactly 3 of which were from prayer boxes, the rest I had to buy, over time.

Friend of mine has made like 4-5 perfect enchants, and has never spent a cent on this game. He is just incredibly lucky on lockboxes. he buys zen with AD for keys and just opens boxes all day. average ~100-200 boxes a day. 2 of his perfects he made with Coal wards from Trade bars, should tell you how many boxes he opens. He actually quit playing after he ran out of nightmare boxes after quickly realizing that feywild boxes are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. he had thousands of nightmare boxes stored up and burned through them all in about 2 weeks.
    edited September 2013
    Perfect Vorpals sell between 8.5mil-11mil AD on Dragon.
    Greaters sell for 3-3.2mil

So just playing the market you can buy a perfect by selling 3 greaters.

I've made 1 perfect enchant in the 5 months i've been playing, the old fashioned way, 256 shards (most of which I got from dungeon drops, probably bought maybe 50) and coal wards, exactly 3 of which were from prayer boxes, the rest I had to buy, over time.

Friend of mine has made like 4-5 perfect enchants, and has never spent a cent on this game. He is just incredibly lucky on lockboxes. he buys zen with AD for keys and just opens boxes all day. average ~100-200 boxes a day. 2 of his perfects he made with Coal wards from Trade bars, should tell you how many boxes he opens. He actually quit playing after he ran out of nightmare boxes after quickly realizing that feywild boxes are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. he had thousands of nightmare boxes stored up and burned through them all in about 2 weeks.

I just dont see how this is a profitable endeavor... even using Nightmare boxes, which i have 700 saved thankfully.

The odds are your going to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> more so than you get something worth selling for a significant amount.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    There are multiple players...not just a few, but multiple, means many... Players on Dragon, Beholder and Mindflayer who have ultiple Characters outfitted with maximum gear and BiS and top of the line end game, 15 Million AD Enchantments in every slot.

Please , Cryptic ( or the community ) I would love to hear an explanation.

People with a lot of money place less value on it than people with comparatively little money, due to the lower percentage of their total wealth being spent on whatever they choose to buy. As such, they are more likely to spend it on what may be perceived by some as wasteful ways.

In any case, the game isn't dying.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    I can feel the rage and bitterness on this thread. LOL
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    loll there is no argument here at all Svet. its not hard to get perfects. and its not UNCOMMON to find people spending $1000+ on their characters. not uncommon at all.
    There has been many moments in the timeline of NW where Prices of certain items on the AH have fluctuated drastically, to the point where, as said earlier by a Reply, that At one point NC items would sell for over 2-3M each.
    Heres your answer :
    SOME People were at the right place at the right time. Thats it.
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    hoarded tenebs when the price was low because majority thought it was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but now they are the c r a p :)
    now greater tenebrous are 3m each in AH
    cha-cha-cha-ching!!

started from the bottom, now we heeeere!
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I can feel the rage and bitterness on this thread. LOL

Have to more or less agree with this. Stop worrying about what other players have and how they got it and concentrate on your own toon. Yes, it sucks that some folks managed to exploit their way into top tier gear. It would be nice to have an exploit proof game, but guess what? Such a thing does not exist. As far as I'm concerned I'm really only paying attention to the progression of my character. Grinding towards those incremental improvements is what this game is all about, as far as I'm concerned. Keeping up with the Joneses' is just going to frustrate you in the long run, both ingame and in real life.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Btw guys, i think's a lot of you missed hte Ah bug ^^ prob not all the toons got bugged. They prob banned only few of them ( since that bag was up since the first day of beta ) so, whit all the illegal AD they got, is easy for some people get all rank 10. I know is boring to see a perfect newbie whit all rank 10 or perfect, but we can't do nothing. Is too late for a server wipe since after the mega exploit of the AH they simply did a 6 hour of rollback, because for them the bug started during that 6 hour.