test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Max deflect

spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello,

I am wondering what was the best class that can up deflect damage the best.
What is the best % of deflect be able to reach and what stuff give it ?

I have build a tank thinking i could tank but i think i have make a bad build because as far i have seen, only power and def can reach 4k.

Thank you.
Post edited by spikefr on

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Deflect chance 33%i think.
    I have only base 28.5% + some food and buff potion.
    Def 6700 but still have only rank7 enchants +buff .
    But the best for tank reach 30k hp and buy i.s.m upgrade it to blue and buy some regen rings from vendor +belt +900 regen you can reach 2k regen to help healer.

Not perfect build for pve or pvp but average for both.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    pathothpathoth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    -TR seems to have twice as good deflect severity as the other classes if you want to go halfling.
    -at least on GWF, power stat is nearly worthless. it might matter more for classes with lower weapon dmg and better power related buffs.
    -GWF unstoppable has some nice damage reduction, but the CC "immunity" is terribly bugged and its hard to know when its going to work or not. if a skill pushes you back or gives the chain thing it probably wont work. at the very least, you wont get knocked prone.
    -human GF can get the best damage reductions and defense stats, due to racial + the offhand sheild giving armor class and a defense enchantment slot (other classes have offense enchantment slot on the offhand item)
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a hafling TR and am sitting at 41% deflect without buffs. Defense stat rings>All other defense slots Slotted Silvery Rank 8's., except for 1 piece with Azure, to bring damage reduction to 27%.

Going past 36% deflect it scales very slowly. As in it takes a lot more deflect to raise your % up.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I have a hafling TR and am sitting at 41% deflect without buffs. Defense stat rings>All other defense slots Slotted Silvery Rank 8's., except for 1 piece with Azure, to bring damage reduction to 27%.

Going past 36% deflect it scales very slowly. As in it takes a lot more deflect to raise your % up.

I also have a halfling TR.
    I was thinking reset stats but i'm not sure i'll reach your 41%.
    Here is my build : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?491311-Build-review
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    spikefr wrote: »
    I also have a halfling TR.
    I was thinking reset stats but i'm not sure i'll reach your 41%.
    Here is my build : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?491311-Build-review

Build is near identical to mine.

Here are my stats in PvP gear, and my Feats that I use.

Feats_zpsd6712fbc.jpg

PvPGear_zpsc6f48183.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Right.
    I have 31% but i think my skills aren't well chose for the powers i have up.
    I have a free powers reset.
    Could you advice me what to choose ?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Right.
    I have 31% but i think my skills aren't well chose for the powers i have up.
    I have a free powers reset.
    Could you advice me what to choose ?

Honestly bud its really up to you, and how you decide to play.

I raised my deflect for the sole purpose of being more tanky in PvP, as thats what I do 99% of the time I am playing.

I run a strictly PvE based build. Its excellent for PvP, and PvE depending on how you play.

My PvE jewelry is differant. Every single offense slot I have, I use Dark Rank 7's to achieve my ArP that I have, which is 2663 or 24.7%. When I start upgrading to rank 8's, and can keep my ArP at a minimum of 24%, I will replace Dark with radiants for Power.

I feel enchanting Azures for Crit is a waste. You only need 48-50%. With the gear that i have, and not slotting any Azures, I am sitting at 50.2% crit.

All the gear I chose to equip, has power, arp and crit on it. Some of it has lifesteal, but thats just an added bonus.

The GG Full set is a very good choice, as it has already high ArP and lifesteal. So using that set, you would be able to equip less Darks in offense, and more radiants for power.(I am slowly building the set and will decide if I am going to switch on a later day)

These are my stats in PvE gear with my lvl 30 ioun stone summoned.

PvESetw30Stone_zps5b561eb8.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I use the same powers but my stats are far to be the same...

Sanstitre.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I use the same powers but my stats are far to be the same...

Sanstitre.png

We have quite a large differance in gear score though bud, dont fret =P

I've been farming for quite some time to build up this TR of mine, plus I have 2 other 60's I started first so I had a good amount of AD to help out gearing Alysin.

I'd recommend just running T2's, and try to build a 2/2 + 2/2 set of gear. It brings your GS up, the stats are great, and then start farming CN to get your ancient jewelry + Make enough money to buy good enchants to socket your gear with.