test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Bug

boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
I have four quests published all start in PE. Since last patch all of them no longer show the first step of the quest to talk to the initial NPC. Instead they simple say "Go to....and the next map I have listed." It is dong this in both the editor foundry play through and live. Is anyone else having this issues?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boomba66 on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, i am seeing this on quests i'm reviewing now. Yesterday and this morning i was able to start with NPCs in PE in some other quests. But, this afternoon, i've now had two quests that seem to just skip the first objective. Only the title shows up on my tracker, no objective text at all. I can go to the gate and see the map marker to travel to, but the quest text implies i should have talked to a PE NPC first.

To add: Both quests with this issue, in the description and later dialog, imply i should have talked to Guard Frinko. The other quests i did yesterday and earlier today started with different NPCs in PE. Maybe it is an issue with Guard Frinko?
  • ootyfastootyfast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    G'day,

I just released 2 new one's this week and both start in PE. The 1st one you have to talk to Frinko
    which showed the correct starter in quest tracker several days ago, today it does not. The other
    one starts at the door to the windmill and has snail trail to door but again quest tracker only
    shows quest, not the enter the witches party house bit.

In case the devs actually do read this the other 2 bugs that have been going on for 2 weeks now
    are the landscape breaking to black and mobs and party and your own toon disappearing. Was fixed
    week before summer fluff thing and broke again on summer fluff patch.
    The other is encounters getting aggro-ed through walls and floor pieces used to split floors. Encounters
    fighting half in and out of walls. Yes I put invisi walls everywhere to try and stop it, but why should I have
    too do that? Seems even the generic build a house leggo bits have the same problem.

You can see the breaking landscape one in The Trouble With Trolls NW-DR482FKKK
    and the aggro breaking in Ooty Shot The Sherriff

Maybe just maybe the devs will read this and the bug reports about them and FIX THEM cause they are
    almost a game breaker.

ootyfast
    castle020.jpg
  • chibbiukechibbiuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A new author was having the same issue and those of us on at the time couldn't help them. They had Guard Frinko as their initial contact NPC. I'm unsure if it is just that NPC or if there are other contacts with this bug.
    NW-DF66TLIAM = MOB for a day
    NW-DFOEHE955 = Woeful Cave (in production but testable)
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    chibbiuke wrote: »
    A new author was having the same issue and those of us on at the time couldn't help them. They had Guard Frinko as their initial contact NPC. I'm unsure if it is just that NPC or if there are other contacts with this bug.

Might be an idea. My 2 both start in PE but with different contacts:

A Relaxing Stay - starts with Merchant Guild Representative and HAS a proper quest instruction
    The Silver Sword - starts with Guard Frinko and DOES NOT HAVE a proper quest instruction
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Noticing this bug more and more. It doesn't appear to be exclusive to Frinko, or to objectives in PE. My quest has it's own map marker, you can travel to it from any city gate, there are no objectives in PE or any other game map. Today i saw that it's also missing it's first objective, which is simply "Travel to Kolde Acres." There was another quest i ran with this same scenario, also missing it's initial "Travel to..." objective.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thread should be in the BUGS forum for faster recognition by Cryptic.
    #JustSaying
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I noticed that too. I played three quests today and each had a missing first objective (as in, only "go to" command). One of the quests even had a missing marker indicating you should go to another map from PE entrance - there was only red cross mark next to quest name and 'unaviable path' message. I did get to the other map without problems though, once I figured out you have to leave PE to start it.
  • koboldharper88koboldharper88 Banned Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This bug has been present since the game went live. You guys are just now noticing it. I first noticed it when reviewing a Mystery/Noir quest that kept sending me back to PE. I'd have to relog several times before the objective finally showed up.
  • tiborrustiborrus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have same problem.I have 3 test quest and one, what I want to publish later.In all quest missing the first step(contact with NPC), it is only in my journal, but not on the screen, under the Quest name.
    And I have another problem: when I testing a quest and completing all objectives, Reward chest appear, but "Collect your reward" objective is not.Anyone have this bug too?(sorry my english!)
    edited September 2013
    G'day,

I put a post in the bugs thread with a link to this post. Nothing in patch notes on last nites patch
    about any of our bugs we have reported being fixed but most of all the saddest part for me is that
    even tho we have this thread, and a thread in bug section pointing to this thread no one from dev
    or community teams have responded to our concerns. Just makes me sad no responses in here from
    cryptic team.:(

ootyfast
    castle020.jpg
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the reports! We're investigating this issue!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited September 2013
    G'day,

Hooray for Sominator;) Thanks for the reply. hope you read the bit about breaking landscape
    and aggro breaking thru floors and walls as well :rolleyes:

Another thread in here asking about a special bugs sections. Would be good that. Too many
    things in general bit get lost in the pile of posts.

ootyfast
    castle020.jpg