test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sinister tarmalune weapons issue.

shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so after great time, money, and effort I accrued 1000 tarmalune on my guardian fighter and bought the sinister relic to transmute to an item for my cleric.

I go and buy a cheapo symbol that's not bound so I can give it to my cleric...and then!!... that item is also bound now?!

so basicly I just spent all 1000 tarmalune then 50k ad to buy a useless holy symbol for my guardian fighter?

since when does transmuting an item cause it to be bound? anyone know a way to fix this problem?

of course I submitted tickets, but I have a feeling that since there have been 2 million+ tickets that it will just be overlooked.
Post edited by shamurai7 on

Comments

• frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    transmute bounds items since a few patches ago, it didnt before, is not a bug, is an intended feature.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The change happened during the summer festival due to people realizing you could transmute BoP into BoE gear and doing it with the fashion gear from the Knight of the Feywild pack.
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The change happened during the summer festival due to people realizing you could transmute BoP into BoE gear and doing it with the fashion gear from the Knight of the Feywild pack.

and this was a bad thing? all I got to say is that If I can't get this item to my cleric then i'm done here. hopefully they can fix this situation. I fail to see why transmuting to unbind a cosmetic item is a problem. if I just have to suck it up and lose my 1000 tarmalune then.....dafuq.
    edited September 2013
    I notice all the Nightmare tarmalune cosmetic items are bind on equip... SOOOOOOOOO.... why the hell are these Sinister ones bind on pickup?

if this is intended then WHY is this even available for my guardian fighter to purchase? its totally nonsensical.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Man, this sucks ... I mean it really, really sucks! I hope they fix this for you.
    edited September 2013
    Man, this sucks ... I mean it really, really sucks! I hope they fix this for you.

thank you.... I certainly appreciate a bit of sympathy VS. the usual internet trolling and mocking the situation.

I found that this same thing happened to a guild mate of mine last week and is still unresolved. His rogue bought the Sinister tome for his wizard....tried to transmute it and BAM! bound.

I mean everything else you buy with tarmalune is tradeable. This is like a sneaky underhanded trap that costs people hundreds of dollars and there is no excuse for it. My GF is really enjoying his 1000 tarmalune Sinister relic right now. LOL
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    so after great time, money, and effort I accrued 1000 tarmalune on my guardian fighter and bought the sinister relic to transmute to an item for my cleric.

I go and buy a cheapo symbol that's not bound so I can give it to my cleric...and then!!... that item is also bound now?!

so basicly I just spent all 1000 tarmalune then 50k ad to buy a useless holy symbol for my guardian fighter?

since when does transmuting an item cause it to be bound? anyone know a way to fix this problem?

of course I submitted tickets, but I have a feeling that since there have been 2 million+ tickets that it will just be overlooked.

If it doesn't make any sense... then it is probably the way it works in this game...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think the reasoning behind sinister gear being BoP is because it is also comes out of a chest in Feywild and they decided all those chest drops would be BoP.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry this happened to the OP, but yes, others are correct in stating that making a transmuted item BoP when the "skin" is a BoP item is a documented patch note.

However, they are going a little crazy with this BoP thing. I get the idea behind it, but in function it seems to be making a lot of players dissatisfied when they get what would be a nice bonus for an alt and have no choice but to trash/sell/salvage it because so many items are BoP, especially in Feywild (where virtually everything is BoP, even if it drops....).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited September 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    I'm sorry this happened to the OP, but yes, others are correct in stating that making a transmuted item BoP when the "skin" is a BoP item is a documented patch note.

However, they are going a little crazy with this BoP thing. I get the idea behind it, but in function it seems to be making a lot of players dissatisfied when they get what would be a nice bonus for an alt and have no choice but to trash/sell/salvage it because so many items are BoP, especially in Feywild (where virtually everything is BoP, even if it drops....).

ok.. explain this then. the tarmalune store has 2 categories of premium cosmetic items. the 'Nightmare' items and the 'Sinister' items.

both cost the same 1000 tarmalune each.
    Nightmare is BOE
    Sinister is BOP
    it is inconsistencies like this that screw people over. they need to fix the issue and make these BOE. you cant pull these from a chest. only way to get them is to suck it up and spend a lot of real world cash to get 1000 tarmalune.

and a small patch note doesn't make it ok. there is nothing in game that clearly explains that transmuting causes the product to be bound. these SHOULD NOT EVEN BE AVAILABLE for classes that cant use them if this is intentional.
    edited September 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    and a small patch note doesn't make it ok. there is nothing in game that clearly explains that transmuting causes the product to be bound. these SHOULD NOT EVEN BE AVAILABLE for classes that cant use them if this is intentional.

Whoah, hang on now! You're making WAY too much sense. Remember what game you're playing here! ;)
    edited September 2013
    Whoah, hang on now! You're making WAY too much sense. Remember what game you're playing here! ;)

my guild mate that I was told this also happened to has not logged back in since this happened. Im giving support a week to make this right. I'll be damned if I pay over 100 dollars for an item that's totally worthless and the devs do nothing about it.
    edited September 2013
    OK.. here is the response they gave me... basically a big middle finger.

<<Response removed per rule 3.03 of RoC>>
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sucks to be you, but pretty darn funny now knowing that it's WAI.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • nwntalonnwntalon Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Next time read the item description. If it says BOP then don't be surprised when it does.
    Kildrak Gemviper - 60 GF
    Void Reaper - 60 CW
    Eliza Trickfoot - 60 TR
    Scarlet Maiden - 60 DC
    Timmy Orc-Bane - 60 GWF
    Ranger Jo - 20 HR
  • aargosaargos Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nwntalon wrote: »
    Next time read the item description. If it says BOP then don't be surprised when it does.

IT DOESNT SAY.... just like with the Seal and glory PETS
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    aargos wrote: »
    IT DOESNT SAY.... just like with the Seal and glory PETS

Actually, yes it does. I just went in game to double check. The sinister items all say Bind on Pickup and the nightmare items say Bind on Equip.

Also, as with any in game store, items that are not usable by your character are red even though you can still purchase it. Just because you can buy it doesn't mean automatically that you can use it.

Bottom line, pay attention to what you are doing, especially when real money is involved.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    if you have BoP item and used BoE to transmute it , it will become BoE
    they added it during summer festival

i have 1k tarmuline too i think i opened 50+ or more nightmare lockbox convert it to zen = $
    edited September 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    if you have BoP item and used BoE to transmute it , it will become BoE
    they added it during summer festival

i have 1k tarmuline too i think i opened 50+ or more nightmare lockbox convert it to zen = $

Didn't they fix that in a patch so that the BoP stayed BoP after transmute?
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One simple fix would suffice for this.

Make anything that is BoP good for the whole account, not just the specific character.

It would still remove the farmers from playing the same dungeons ad-nauseum, to get items to sell at exorbitant rates in the AH.

Another option is to have the capability to unbind an item, for a AD fee of course.

I personally prefer my first suggestion.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
    edited September 2013
    Account bound is pointless right now because you can't transfer items to other characters. You can't mail bound items and there is no account bank.