test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having done everything..fastest way to level an alt..

endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Whats quickest? I really don't want to run it all again. I'd even pvp even tho I suck. Trying to find stuff to do after Shanadar daily things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by endocin on

Comments

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You'll definitely want to run at least most of Blacklake and Neverdeath for the bags, so there's two quest lines right there. Otherwise, PVP matches grant roughly the equivalent of most level appropriate quests and can really teach you about the class.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i stiill think questing is the fastest, plus you get gear as you go and make quite abit of gold too, which you wont doing pvp.
    And once you have done a lvl 60 before questing is alot easier and faster as you remember were to go and were gathering quests etc are. i have 7 lvl 60's and all were done questing, it does get boring after a while, but like i say you get gold and gear along the way and if you go armed with plenty of Skill kits can accumerlate some enchants along the way too.

fastest way to quest is without a doubt to team up with somone, makes everything twice as fast.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like posted above, which Im sure you already know since this isn't your first 60; Few quests you will want to hit up, the bag quests and profession pack quest. After that PVP is just as fast as questing if not faster. The glory can be used to purchase gear fresh at 60 and if you hit glory cap you can just buy then store the gear to salvage. Enchants/kits/even gold are negligible in lower levels. Once you hit 60 and you start doing sharandar youll get plenty of these (which again since you have a 60 im sure you've noticed).

Some issues you may encounter through PVP only though. From posts on these forums, you may run into bots running low lvl pvp. PVP is fast paced, you gotta stay on your toes, some people just don't like it. Quest lvling is more relaxed. I don't know how fast queues pop for pvp low lvls either. On my DC about 2 weeks ago, it wasn't too bad; but there was time between each queue, this may slow lvling down this way (guess you could run random quests inbetween each queue/ or if you like a certain area could run through there). PVP will teach you about your class, just as well as quest lvling; I believe it also teaches you to be more mobile.

But yah either questing or pvping.

I guess you could just run foundries non stop, but thatd be slow. And I find foundries mundane (my own opinion).
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    PvP is probably the best XP, assuming you win. Unless Foundry bonus is up, that's rrreaallly good XP.

I usually just do quests while I'm in the PvP queue (always in PvP queue) unless Foundry is up.

But honestly the best way to level a toon is through leadership and prayer. I usually roll up an alt quite a while before I actually intend to play it, so that by the time I get around to it the toon is already level 30 or 40 just from praying and leadership.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pros and cons of both realy, i guess it mostly depends alot on what you are planning to do the most when you hit 60. if you plan on doing more PVP, then you should do as much as you can while lvling, to learn not only your class but also how other classes work during arena's, and also vise versa, if you plan on doing more PVE , then imo questing is better, as all dungeons have mob packs similar to most mobs while questing in the different zones, so you will learn how they work too
  • Options
    moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Fastest way to level is to do grinding foundry quests, when you hit exp cap which should be in 2~3 mins of grinding you queue for PvP. Low level PvP takes a while to queue, so queue while you grind and when queue pops jump into PvP. This way you'll never be foundry exp capped.

Don't forget leadership.