test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Path of the Blade not receiving CA damage bonus from CHA

therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Path of the Blade is affected by combat advantage, but the bonus damage to combat advantage from CHA is ignored. It only receives the base combat advantage damage bonus. Ranks of Underhanded Tactics likewise only increase the damage bonus of the base damage bonus for this encounter, instead of increasing the damage bonus from the base + bonus damage from CHA.

Essentially your combat advantage damage from this encounter acts like you always have a CHA of 10, with no bonus.
garret_fi.png
Post edited by therealjaelus on

Comments

• twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    How did you tested it? Do you still have your number?
    I tested it a while ago and it seemed working fine to me (even if I noticed that it did not get the bonus AP gain from Cunning Stalker while Action Advantage was working fine).

I'm going to test it again this evening.
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited September 2013
    I don't know if I saved the raw data, but here are my findings.

I have 21 CHA (11% bonus to CA damage), so my expectation is to see 15% (base) + 11% (CHA bonus) = 26% bonus damage from combat advantage when I use PotB in stealth. I recorded ticks from 10 volleys of PotB in the open as a baseline. My spec was one that had no additional buffs, in order to control for other variables. The only effect from stealth would be the CA damage bonus. I then recorded PotB ticks that occurred when I was in stealth for 10 volleys.

What I saw in my testing was an increase of 15% damage above baseline for PotB in stealth (11% less damage than expected).

I then took 5 ranks of Underhanded Tactics. Since that gives a 20% bonus to CA damage, my expectation is 15% (base) + 11% (CHA bonus) = 26% * 120% = 31.2% damage. I repeated the test recording PotB ticks that occurred in stealth for 10 volleys.

What I saw in my testing with 5 ranks of Underhanded Tactics was an increase of 18% damage above baseline, which is consistent with 15% (base) * 120% = 18%. This is 13.2% less damage than expected.

Both test results in stealth are consistent with the CA damage bonus from CHA being completely ignored by PotB.
    garret_fi.png