test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR soloing Valindra's pet

prosiakuprosiaku Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi all. Can someone tell me how is it possible ? Today i saw a rouge that solo kill first boss in castle never. I couldn't get closer , because he doesn't kill adds. I have heard that perma-stealth build doesn't work anymore , but he has stealth active all the time. Can someone explain it ?
Post edited by prosiaku on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    But how he can do dps if he can't use his at wills ? I will add that he kill her very fast (1 or 2 mins)
  • Options
    thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    prosiaku wrote: »
    But how he can do dps if he can't use his at wills ? I will add that he kill her very fast (1 or 2 mins)

The nerf has not come into the game yet and is only on the preview shard. So it is still possible to permastealth and use atwills with no drain on stealth.

First off he is clearly geared well so I'm assuming a they have a very good GS and atleast a vorpal enchantment. So basically what they do is go into stealth, which gives them 25% crit sev+ the extra from the vorpal+combat advantage, to essentially double their damage output, then pop lurkers assault which gives them 60% bonus damage on top of all the buffs they are already getting. From there they use duelsts flurry and try to get the last bleed to crit. If it does the bleed will constantly do around 15-20k damage per second as long as they keep it refreshed. This is how the boss dropped so fast and its also why rogues are getting a huge nerf to prevent this from happening.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ah kk . Now it's all clear. So they will change rouge's feats too ? For example - expert sneak (while stealthed , At Will Powers reduce your target's damage by 5%) now will be usless if u can't attack from stealth ;d
  • Options
    rooiwynrooiwyn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to revive this thread. I saw another TR soloing Valindra's Pet this evening, which is after the famed TR nerf. He killed the spidey using Gloaming Cut, and was stealthed for the 3-4 minutes it took to kill the boss. No adds killed. Any idea how he stayed stealthed for so long?
  • Options
    baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rooiwyn wrote: »
    I'd like to revive this thread. I saw another TR soloing Valindra's Pet this evening, which is after the famed TR nerf. He killed the spidey using Gloaming Cut, and was stealthed for the 3-4 minutes it took to kill the boss. No adds killed. Any idea how he stayed stealthed for so long?
    Because TR's stealth was never nerfed at all, because of TR's "negative feedback" about it. Only Lurkers Assault and Cloud of Steel were nerfed.
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited September 2013
    prosiaku wrote: »
    Hi all. Can someone tell me how is it possible ? Today i saw a rouge that solo kill first boss in castle never. I couldn't get closer , because he doesn't kill adds. I have heard that perma-stealth build doesn't work anymore , but he has stealth active all the time. Can someone explain it ?
    You were the CW? today I soloing first boss with me watching from afar
    You get scared if I said I was soloing the first 3 bosses of the CN?
    Long live the rogues saboteur perma-stealth. :D
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier
  • Options
    rooiwynrooiwyn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nope, I'm another TR. Not nowhere near as high geared yet, though. I'm Executionor built, so seeing perma-stealth in action like that, wow!

/Edit - Sneaky Stabber + Gloaming. Never thought it would be that effective! What gearset do you use - Skulker?
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited September 2013
    rooiwyn wrote: »
    Nope, I'm another TR. Not nowhere near as high geared yet, though. I'm Executionor built, so seeing perma-stealth in action like that, wow!

/Edit - Sneaky Stabber + Gloaming. Never thought it would be that effective! What gearset do you use - Skulker?
    Yes skulker use but do not know if an execution could arrive at the CN dragon without feats of saboteur: expert sneak, bait action, nimble dodge, unless you invest in INT

The dragon's castle never has much HP which makes the fight very tiring besides he sees you in stealth over him and very slow so I think it is possible soloing I'll increase my GS for this
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier