test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Working as Intended ?

orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I loged on yesterday after some time away (deliberate), pre Fewwild, with the intentions of giving the game which I love a ‘second’ chance. I did some prio research and respeced my toon. On loging in there was a noticeable decline in population for a start, but I thought lets see how it plays these days.
I decided to jump right in and do a dungeon and got a group together through zone chat for Epic Dread Vaults to start with as this used to be a pretty straight forward easy to do dungeon (non exploit).

So we set off, working, as a team, through the packs of mobs up to the first boss without any problems or issues at all, First boss we pulled and killed the required amount of Mobs to spawn this boss, no problems. Then once boss spawned everybody moved back up the hill away from the boss, I was confused and had whispers to get back also, which I did.

I then watched the 1 rogue in our group disappear down the hill and towards the boss, which he killed on his own without any problems , no adds spawning and no damage to him what so ever.
Everybody was saying THIS is the way to do this now !
After I checked the rogue out , presuming he must be pretty well geared, but no, he was totally the opposite, he was only equipped with a mix of blue and maybe 2 pieces of tier gear, no enchants at all, even his weapons did not even have Sockets in them.
How is this even possible ?

I have previously done every dungeon in the game pre Feywild, without any problems, glitching or exploits, including full CN runs,

I keep reading on the forums about problems and issues in game but never realised it was this bad and everywhere in the game, What has happened to the game ? I see in zone chat lots of LFM for nearly every dungeon, but ALL ask for EXP and ‘speed’ runs, and as for CN and the new dungeon ALL ask for groups for 2/3 boss runs it seems next to no one does complete runs anymore and apparently it is due to end bosses having major Aoe issues

I am truly shocked at just how bad and in such short time as to how bad this game as got. It seems that near all content in game has serious issues and content that simply does not work. Still surprised to also see many many smaller issues still in game from Beta weekends also.

Sorry but I am really shocked at what the game as turned into, it had early on so much potential to be really great and had content that would envy many other games on the market. This game had the chance to make it to the top without any problem, but it seems since ‘live’ launch it as drastically gone in the opposite direction, which makes me understand posts complaining and commenting on the huge drop in population.

This game needs some major overhauling and NOT just new content, the content is already there, in game it just needs to be made to work properly as it was intended to in the first place, now near everything in the game is basically broken and the more time that passes it is quickly becoming beyond repair.

As i said i realy do lve this game as many many others poster also agree, the game was awesome and had so much potential in beta, open beta, it was fun , exciting, made you want to play more and more, which is what a 'game' is about, but from what i see now it as near enough lost all that the real meaning of the word 'game' is about, and it is no wonder people ar leaving , its not that they dont like the game, but to battle every day through tons and tons of broken and unplayable content is NOT fun and NOT a game anymore
Post edited by orianthi4 on

Comments

• bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thats pretty much how it is these days, and i must admit its a big slide downhill from the promise and promises it had back in open beta.

It is now at a state now were the question is not what is broken or what needs fixing, that list is way to long now.

Probably the question to ask would be "what does work correctly, as intended or as it did in Open beta" would be more apt.

For dungeons these days most people will say "join and non exploit guild" there are plenty out there, BUT that does not change the fact that all dungeons are severly broken no matter which way you look at it, broken is broken....
  • xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    You don't need to socket anything if you are skilled or experienced. Only socket things once you have your end game gear. Plus even if the mobs did spawn, as long as the rogue maintains stealth they won't move and maybe actually attack the rest of the group if they are too near.

As for the 2/3 MC, the final boss is too hard for PUGs, undergeared (people who haven't completed their end set), and skill-less; I don't know how to wasd and shift players.

Someone will eventually say it: Find a guild or group with people you know that are willing to run the content the way you like,etc. As a returning player this maybe difficult. Therefore, create your own group and let them know what you intend to do~some may leave, others may stay.

Finally, it is actually harder to gear up now since you can't buy the piece you need. Furthermore, these few pieces that drop are overpriced to the sky resulting in a stale market atm, at least on my server. This is amplified by groups looking for experienced players only, compounded by these fast run requirements which is actually the result of the DD timed mechanic & community! Furthered by the lack of gear progression, furthered by the lack of useful PVP gear (wth with hp) and the list goes on! Actually, I'm going to keep going: furthered by useless profession gear crafting, furthered by the lack of end game content, furthered by the lack of PVP content. I don't really think this fits but w/e: furthered by the lack of classes.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    orianthi4 wrote: »
    I decided to jump right in and do a dungeon and got a group together through zone chat for Epic Dread Vaults to start with as this used to be a pretty straight forward easy to do dungeon (non exploit).

Sorry, but are you trolling us? Since when has EPIC Dread Vaults been "used to be a pretty straight forward easy to do dungeon (non exploit)"? Let me guess, your PuG group easily finished the endboss too. What was the drop, out of interest? :)

You either mistyped or you have always mistaken normal Dread Vaults for Epic DV, an entirely different encounter.
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Sorry, but are you trolling us? Since when has EPIC Dread Vaults been "used to be a pretty straight forward easy to do dungeon (non exploit)"? Let me guess, your PuG group easily finished the endboss too. What was the drop, out of interest? :)

You either mistyped or you have always mistaken normal Dread Vaults for Epic DV, an entirely different encounter.

No not trolling completed it many times around the end of open beta, OK yes a few wipes here and there on last boss, but nothing that was not overcome in the end, it just played as a epic dungeon should playout. i can not remember what the 'drop' was i am am talking of runs over 3 months ago and it was in guild groups using mumble.
    Completed CN a number of times, without any issues, but now apparently there are major issues with the Aoe from Drac not staying in the red Zones. and i dont care how good or how geared you are but if you get huge damage from attacks which are not in the indicated area's , what chance have you got ? dungeon is broken now, no matter how you look at it,
    edited September 2013
    xmachina wrote: »
    Someone will eventually say it: Find a guild or group with people you know that are willing to run the content the way you like,etc. As a returning player this maybe difficult. Therefore, create your own group and let them know what you intend to do~some may leave, others may stay.

Agree, but the content is still majorly broken, which ever way you want to play it. everything these days is all about finding ways around broken content and not about getting it fixed to work as it should.

As for the first bass in DV last night, there is no way 1 player no matter what class or how good they are should be able to solo kill the boss without any problems at all. that is a issue with the boss mechnaics not the player
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I will have to say that yes, the dungeons are a mess at the moment. Repetitive, time consuming, and worst of all ... unrewarding.

The point in my mind is that, should they fix every dungeon for every exploit (which one way or another I feel needs done), the content itself will then go to waste. Because it simply isn't worth the time and energy for most of the rewards.

Between blue drops on T2 dungeons, to T1 gear in the final chest, etc, etc. I was considering today why an Adventurer, in character, would go into a dungeon. And the end result was that it was the promise of treasure. And while that promise doesn't always get fulfilled, the general lack thereof is a pain.

I mean, is a dungeon worth 10k AD on the auction house? That is, IF you only run it during dungeon delves, and IF your not unlucky on the loot roles? Course you could luck out at 100k, but for me that's, what, once a week maybe?

IF the item sells?

So yes, the content is broken. And yes, it seriously needs fixed. But there's more wrong with dungeons than wall glitches.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    As for the first bass in DV last night, there is no way 1 player no matter what class or how good they are should be able to solo kill the boss without any problems at all. that is a issue with the boss mechnaics not the player
    I guess it is working as intedend. Its a Trickster rogue, so I suppose it makes sense that the rogue can trick the boss and kill him.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
    edited September 2013
    fakatik wrote: »
    I guess it is working as intedend. Its a Trickster rogue, so I suppose it makes sense that the rogue can trick the boss and kill him.

Maybe so, but the whole idea behind dungeons is they are a 'group' event, dungeons are designed to promote 'teamwork' each class should have a roll to play, but as you say, i guess in this game the group is made up of any class and as long as there is a TR in the group the rest are just there purely to get through a few packs of mobs and get the rogue safely through to the boss, then stand back and watch , lol
    Bosses in dungeons are meant to be the main chalange for ALL, they are the main point of running a dungeon in the first place
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Maybe so, but the whole idea behind dungeons is they are a 'group' event, dungeons are designed to promote 'teamwork' each class should have a roll to play, but as you say, i guess in this game the group is made up of any class and as long as there is a TR in the group the rest are just there purely to get through a few packs of mobs and get the rogue safely through to the boss, then stand back and watch , lol
    Bosses in dungeons are meant to be the main chalange for ALL, they are the main point of running a dungeon in the first place

Actually, for uniqueness, I have no problem with one or two dungeon bosses/mini-bosses, out of the plethora available, being able to be solo'd by a single class. Especially if it's by design. That adds some creativity and flavor to a dungeon beyond the normal hack-and-slash approach.

Like the TR walking up and actually talking his way out of the fight, opening the chest and finishing the dungeon. That kind of thing. That was always part of what DnD was about, that there were always other ways of handling things.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Quitting/taking a (long) break from neverwinter is like finding inner peace. They spit on their players, they'll get what's coming to them. A dead game.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The current end game is broken as your post and others have highlighted. I'm just logging into pray and do professions hoping they start fixing some of the many issues but as it is now I only have about 3 people of our 60+ guild left playing this game now and I'm not sure most of them will ever come back no matter what they do at this point :(
  • orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    Every part of the game is broken, even the gateway through apps is seriously broken, many many people can not even log to the game due to client problems, BUT....BUT ironically the Zen store works perfect, lol... go Figure.........
  • nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Content is Bugged,Cheesy, repetitive and unrewarding... whenever bugs are fixed,rewards are better and boss battles are uncheesed which will happen never , the exploting will end....which will also happen never....