test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

elven ferocity sadness

pjdvpjdv Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Anyone calculate the '+400 damage' on hit chance on this 4th level boon? From what I can tell testing on my rogue, it seems to be around 2% chance. Very underwhelming :-(
Post edited by pjdv on

Comments

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    How you test this '2% chance'? I tested Elven Tranquility with ATC, which show how it work. It have an ItCD of 1min. 26 Procs in 26. mins. If you only count the 'hits received'. then you maybe do a false test. Over this 26 mins i received 1900 hits or so. That's a chance of ~1,3% to activate it with 1 'hit'. But it activates all minute with 42-46s. How this will happen if it only have a '1,3% chance'?
  • xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    More likely this was done for balance. There is a chance that the proc chance may also be a bug. Hopefully, it is underwhelming by design.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've only ran one log. But after a typical CN run, it was 6% flank, 1% normal damage for a CW guildy of mine. Perhaps it was a fluke, but the fact it CAN produce up to 7% of your overall damage makes it the best boon in terms of damage.
  • pjdvpjdv Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited September 2013
    daswooly wrote: »
    I've only ran one log. But after a typical CN run, it was 6% flank, 1% normal damage for a CW guildy of mine. Perhaps it was a fluke, but the fact it CAN produce up to 7% of your overall damage makes it the best boon in terms of damage.
    WHAT? what do you mean 7% of your overall damage? I am looking at the log and the elven ferocity is supposed to be a 'chance on hit'. I look at the log and it triggers approximately 1 in every minimum 50+ hits (I'm a TR). Usually it is not even that often, hence my guess of 1%, maybe 2%...it is currently hitting for anywhere between 400 and 500 when it does hit (I'm gear 10500). so yes, I was completely guessing from a glance at the logs as i don't know of any way to extract and parse logs in this game but I could do a more controlled test on a practice dummy.
    But I have no idea what you mean by 7% of your overall damage. 400 damage every 50+ hits that I do is meaningless to even have at all

And sorry ladysylvia...I have no idea what you are actually saying in your post

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It has a 1 minute internal cooldown just like the other rank 4 boon. if 400 damage every minute (6.6 dps) is 6-7% of your overall damage then you should wake up because level 12 clerics do more than 100dps.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    So the internal CD of one minute is the important thing, while the proc rate plays no role really. It's a 400 damage per min boost.
    The alternative boost is 400 hp healing, probably once a minute too. As the mobs have much more HP than us, then the Tranquility boost might be better.
    English is not my first language.
    edited September 2013
    It has a 1 minute internal cooldown just like the other rank 4 boon. if 400 damage every minute (6.6 dps) is 6-7% of your overall damage then you should wake up because level 12 clerics do more than 100dps.

thanks for this. Did I miss something where it tells that this is a 1 minute Cool down? Kind of deceptive description!
    I was Just curious. I like this boon system but not sure why a level 4 boon would be so completely lame to be almost meaningless. The 150 crit or power of the lower boons at least provide continuous value. Even if I took the tranquility, 400HP every minute is a tiny blip compared to my lifesteal

Oh well. Good to know there is an actual reason for it not triggering
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can someone confirm the 400 healing is per minute as well? How terrible for the fourth boon.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    How terrible for the fourth boon.

Cryptic has opted for the Diminishing Retiurn approach with the boons of the campaign.
    English is not my first language.
    edited September 2013
    lol. That pretty much sums it up!
    edited September 2013
    Well, the good news is that the 400 damage is base damage. Just played around with it and saw it strike for over 700.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    So the internal CD of one minute is the important thing, while the proc rate plays no role really. It's a 400 damage per min boost.
    The alternative boost is 400 hp healing, probably once a minute too. As the mobs have much more HP than us, then the Tranquility boost might be better.

As a GF, I take about 500hp dmg every 2 seconds in the middle of all adds I taunt and aggro...

Like all Feywild enchants (which are not working), these boons are completely useless...

How can game developers keeps us all in the dark instead of explaining HOW THESE ENCHANTS really work (i.e. the maths please, % hit, cooldowns, etc...)?

Typically Cryptic dismal communication...
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Can someone confirm the 400 healing is per minute as well? How terrible for the fourth boon.

I can confirm this. Tested on PTS and it show 26 procs in 26 mins. =(
  • hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    As a GF, I take about 500hp dmg every 2 seconds in the middle of all adds I taunt and aggro...

Like all Feywild enchants (which are not working), these boons are completely useless...

How can game developers keeps us all in the dark instead of explaining HOW THESE ENCHANTS really work (i.e. the maths please, % hit, cooldowns, etc...)?

Typically Cryptic dismal communication...

Sounds to me like these boons are suffering from the same exact issue the TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENT from the feywild box is having. Just utter and complete garbage. I dont get why this stuff was released broken :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep, another reason to say screw this game if the boons are garbage.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    For my CW, I love all boons except the fourth. They should have made it the first one. It is pretty weak.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg