test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Charge Rewards Program Time restriction... seems very short and sudden.

lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yea I know people moan about the freebies not being purple and so on but the mount is really cool and I like the Quickling so...

My Questions/issue is will we see it again? and can you guys time it with end of month pay days? and/or just make it a longer spending window. I'm personally really skint till the last working day of the month(Monday 30th sept), surely this is a common thing for most people to be paid the end of any given month so considering things like this would probally make me drop money on 3-6k Zen where now I'll wait to get this bonus or another like it since its just better value to get a cool looking mount(no matter if its green or otherwise).
But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
Post edited by lordgabe on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The reason they do that is to promote the it's-only-good-right-now mentality. It's sale pressure, pure and simple.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The reason they do that is to promote the it's-only-good-right-now mentality. It's sale pressure, pure and simple.

That logic works fine but timing it with pay days(last friday of month/last day of month) is a wiser tactic, I will happily impulse buy things but sadly this month bit skint and just seems they could do with a little bit of constructive criticism. This ain't me hating really I don't have the cash to burn so in them puting this at an odd time saves me 'wasting cash' I could use on more important things but its still a loss to the game and I don't hate them for not maknig me give them money :p
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have to agree somewhat, this would have been better in a week or so, when people get paid, as opposed to right now, when most people are strapped for cash.. but *shrugs* can't have everything..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    I have to agree somewhat, this would have been better in a week or so, when people get paid, as opposed to right now, when most people are strapped for cash.. but *shrugs* can't have everything..

You are thinking of it backwards. When folks are flush with money, from a marketing standpoint, you don't have to work as hard to get customers to spend. Its when money is tight, and hard choices need to be made on where to spend it. That is the time when marketing turns the screws to encourage you to spend, even if it wasn't a priority.
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Dangit..Dad already gave us our zen gift. The family didn't get lucky this time. Saving up again. Keys suck worse this round he says but he still smiles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • susurrusssusurruss Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree that the timing and notification was all screwy. I was telling folks I liked that stuff, just don't have the cash right now. If I could have planned even a week or two ahead of time, I might have done it.
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You are thinking of it backwards. When folks are flush with money, from a marketing standpoint, you don't have to work as hard to get customers to spend. Its when money is tight, and hard choices need to be made on where to spend it. That is the time when marketing turns the screws to encourage you to spend, even if it wasn't a priority.

Yes and no, maybe some people only play Neverwinter as there sole game, I play a great many and with the new console generation and loads of other xmas releases that are on my to buy list I'm gonig to be tight on budget to get everything I want but it'll be a large wad of my hard earned money as i will spend wildly as I like to, but with all of that I'll only impulse on pay days and with a free to play game like sto or neverwinter and incentives like this make me pay attention and spend on them. So i'd say with a year so busy with so many games, game machines and cool stuff coming out Neverwinter has to work hard to keep my attention and a good offer would at the right time.
    In this case i'm just grumbling on this little old forum and hoping maybe someone will take it on board as in my case this would make me spend where now I won't :( not out of hate but due to the lack of pressure to waste money when I could wait for another promo and get free stuff(if i actually have the money free when they do it), I may get the big packs at some point this winter as they feel good value but beyond that i'll pass on zen for keys/store stuff if I know i could do better with offers like this.

I'd say finishing a promo on last day of the month would be the best tactic as you add pressure to the purchaser whose just paid and has all that money they should use on serious stuff and thus making them feel pressure to buy instantly, just my spending logic and it works for most everybody rich poor or mental like me. Also a longer window in general would be nice otherwise :)
    W.B. Yeats