test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did you Ninjafix Karrundax?

urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I did a Karrundax run last night with my poorly equipped mage, in hope of finding something good.
The team was a PuG and not too well coordinated but somehow we managed to get ourselves to the entrance of the bossfight.

When the timer was done counting down and the bossfight starts, my computer freezes up (happens once every other night not really NW's fault) and I have to reboot.
Sometimes when things like that happen I "wake up" in the game alive and kicking and can continue from where I left off.
This time I was dead when I came back into the fight, and the bossfight was going on with my 4 teammates hacking away at the big dragon.
I "released" and stood in the fireplace warming my freshly ressurected limbs, when one of my teammates from inside the fight yells to me to come back into the fight.

I said that you cannot do that , and he stated that there was a bug with ehum, the environment, that made it possible.
The environment he was referring to was however unreachable for me. There was a huge pink wall of "don't-try-to-pass-this-wall" in front of me, very simillar to the one in the Dread Vault - if you die there.

We (they) managed to kill the dragon on 4 people and all was well.

However this got me thinking...
Was this part of a fix for the so broken dungeons? Has PWE finally started to fix the very well known bugs and exploits almost everyone is using nowadays?
If that is so,, then GREAT!
Finally somethings happening with AllwaysExploit to make it into the NeverWinter it's named to be.

Or was this a fluke, an accidental semifix and nothing has changed for the better in this or the other dungeons???

What's the deal here, anyone know more about this?

P.S. The dragons breath and red zones were as broken as ever however D.S.
Post edited by urd01 on

Comments

• ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Well, the final boss in Temple of the Spider can still be exploited and people still jump over the gate in Gauntlgrym PvP, so I don't see any fixes taking place. Seems like the devs got discouraged with so many people leaving, which they can only thank themselves for it.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Those 2 walls that basically lock you into the campfire were added like 19 patches ago preventing you from re-entering the fight. seriously that change happened months ago.
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I saw the high priestess of Lloth being pulled out to the camp yesterday. Same to the first boss in Malabog.
  • urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh...
    I never disconect-died in that particular fight before and never saw those red walls when I happened to die in the fight the "normal" way i e dragons-breath-from-out-of-nowhere-normal.

My bad, I thought they were actually starting to fix the exploits...
  • sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    you kinda need to enter that way first to be able to reenter
    your group wanted to exploit things they didn't knew ;D
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Well, the final boss in Temple of the Spider can still be exploited and people still jump over the gate in Gauntlgrym PvP, so I don't see any fixes taking place. Seems like the devs got discouraged with so many people leaving, which they can only thank themselves for it.

I already gave up from sending tickets and post on foruns about dungeon exploits....
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The sad thing about all this is that the classes were nerfed and BOP was instituted in order to reduce epics on the Auction House, when it was the exploits that was the real problem. Exploits allowed groups to run dungeons 4 times in an hour during DD, thus increasing the supply of epics on the AH.

These recent changes has caused me to play the game alot less, which makes me kinda sad.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited September 2013
    It saddens me as well. I mean, I've been playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, a 6 year-old game, more than Neverwinter as of late.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Nope, its not fixed as i did the run a few hrs ago with my guildies, they were actually showing me how to fast run it so we entered the dragon in that particular way to be able to get back in case we died as we had no gf and thought we might have a troublesome fight.....good that the boss fight went smooth and we had no need to reenter. But at least now i know how its done.
  • skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The sad thing about all this is that the classes were nerfed and BOP was instituted in order to reduce epics on the Auction House, when it was the exploits that was the real problem. Exploits allowed groups to run dungeons 4 times in an hour during DD, thus increasing the supply of epics on the AH.

These recent changes has caused me to play the game alot less, which makes me kinda sad.

well you dont have to exploit to run dungeons several times.. my guild can do 4 runs of pirates and kill everything (but it is pirates).. now the tos, fh, and sp exploits is bs and should be fixed immediately
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can run karru legit 4 times per dd, only thing that makes karru harder than pirates is 2nd boss, and hes only hard for pugs. The rest of karru is much easier than pirates.
  • wildgerwildger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only thing hard about karru is the part after the 2nd boss where you have to run all the way to the next camp fire. If the team has a slow player, he may not make it.
    edited September 2013
    Talking about "legit" runs. If you are speed farming then only 1 person makes the last run and suicides every single mob into the lava. The rest of the group just casually strolls up to the last fire so doesnt matter if one person is slow or not.

If you are going to make posts about how hard or easy something is when you are "sploiting", Learn to sploit better