test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Needs Buff

jyjieng31jyjieng31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Temple
Hey everyone I just wanted to write this because I feel that DC's need a buff. I am not complaining because I do fare well in every aspect but I feel that DC's do need a little bit of a buff. I think the heal debuff on ourselves should be just a tad bit less. 40% is a bit too much especially in PvP but not so much PvE because you should be taking aggro as much with a party. Another note is to make DC's heals have a slight less cooldown because for me it seems that my skills take forever to come back in time. Finally, maybe increase the scaling of stats like strength and con or dex etc etc. Just an idea. I'm not complaining I am quite happy with Clerics now but they could be a little better.
Post edited by jyjieng31 on

Comments

• Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Heh, that DC needs some serious un-nerf is kinda common knowledge (ok, there is about 0.001% players that think that DC is too OP actually, and Cryptic seems to listen to them, not the majority, thats why you get nerfs like HoF), just check some threads here, for example:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?471291-Righteousness
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460401-Devs-Re-Hammer-of-Fate-nerf
    or
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?465931-One-more-nerf-to-Cleric-Forgemaster-Flame-GG-devs
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I wouldnt say that they need a "serious" buff but just some slight tweeking because right now I think they are a bit harder to play after fixing miracles, HoF nerf, the previous healing of self nerf, and the astral shield was both a nerf and a buff so its 50/50.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    I think just fixing all the skills and feats on Cleric that a broken would go a long ways.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I would say thats the first step. Although which ones are broken? There are so many I cant even keep track of them to be honest Lol.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    jyjieng31 wrote: »
    I would say thats the first step. Although which ones are broken? There are so many I cant even keep track of them to be honest Lol.

Every single offensive skill which lays a targeting splat is both not using armor penetration for damage calculation and not proccing Repurpose Soul.

Others have various bugs.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh wow thats crazy. Well I dont think Armor Pen is that big of a deal atm since DC's are healers... And repurpose soul needs a fix then :P
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOL. DCs are healers... okay O.o
    Lets stop DR from working on TRs because hey, they are DDs anyway.
    But anyway, how is Arpen not affecting your healing? Unless you play the healbot role ofc...
    Every heal that comes from famage you deal suffers from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Divine Fortune passive is broken for example. At least last time I checked it and I have not read anything in patch notes that it was fixed. It doesn't work at all. Non damaging abilities (Healing word, Bastion of health etc.) create 0 Divine power while you slot this passive.
  • Options
    wiserwithagewiserwithage Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Divine Fortune passive is broken for example. At least last time I checked it and I have not read anything in patch notes that it was fixed. It doesn't work at all. Non damaging abilities (Healing word, Bastion of health etc.) create 0 Divine power while you slot this passive.

Actually I've been leveling up my DC over the past month and I've consistently used Divine Fortune when I solo. It's technically working fine. However it only works when the target is damaged enough to be actually healed. Otherwise the ability goes off, heals nothing, and Divine Fortune gives you nothing.

My only real issue with Divine Fortune is that it doesn't give you Divine Power when you're using them in Divine Power mode. That seems to be the crux of the problem. There's almost no reason to use just a normal version of Bastion of Health, so you activate the ability while in Divine mode and this cancels out the benefits of Divine Fortune.

At the moment, I only use Divine Fortune when I'm soloing and running Healing Word. It's a great way to max out my Divine Power in between combats. But when I'm trying to operate as a healer in a dungeon, Divine Fortune is essentially worthless.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ulviel wrote: »
    Heh, that DC needs some serious un-nerf is kinda common knowledge (ok, there is about 0.001% players that think that DC is too OP actually, and Cryptic seems to listen to them, not the majority, thats why you get nerfs like HoF), just check some threads here, for example:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?471291-Righteousness
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460401-Devs-Re-Hammer-of-Fate-nerf
    or
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?465931-One-more-nerf-to-Cleric-Forgemaster-Flame-GG-devs

Just to clarify, In the righteousness thread I have posted on how the cleric is currently balanced as it pertains to righteousness, not that they are OP in any way. They need to be very tanky and able to stay alive for a long time to even be useful in PvP. I think Cleric is in a good spot right now in everything except damage. I have not tried out cleric damage so can't really comment. My Daunting light crits for like 15k though, that's quite nice for doing my sharandar stuff =P

Honestly I'd say of all my characters DC is either the fastest or 2nd to CW. DC would be faster if he didn't have a target cap, my CW rounds up like 5 groups and then I aoe them all down, where as DC just incinerates a group every time daunting light is off cooldown lol.

So a damage or CC buff would be fine, but I think a survivability buff is probably out of the question.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually I've been leveling up my DC over the past month and I've consistently used Divine Fortune when I solo. It's technically working fine. However it only works when the target is damaged enough to be actually healed. Otherwise the ability goes off, heals nothing, and Divine Fortune gives you nothing.

My only real issue with Divine Fortune is that it doesn't give you Divine Power when you're using them in Divine Power mode. That seems to be the crux of the problem. There's almost no reason to use just a normal version of Bastion of Health, so you activate the ability while in Divine mode and this cancels out the benefits of Divine Fortune.

At the moment, I only use Divine Fortune when I'm soloing and running Healing Word. It's a great way to max out my Divine Power in between combats. But when I'm trying to operate as a healer in a dungeon, Divine Fortune is essentially worthless.

Healing word provides divine power even if it does not heal your target, because it applies a heal over time. Never use Bastion of Health ever, so no idea.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Why would a DC need a damage buff? You dont need damage as a DC you need survivability and utility. I would say a CC buff is already accounted for with the elven battle enchantment, we dont need damage, so just make the healing a little bit more. Right now against a good PvP group you will have to survive. Same goes for PvE.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why would a DC need a damage buff? You dont need damage as a DC you need survivability and utility. I would say a CC buff is already accounted for with the elven battle enchantment, we dont need damage, so just make the healing a little bit more. Right now against a good PvP group you will have to survive. Same goes for PvE.

Maybe you don't. I'd love a bit more damage though.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited September 2013

You're assuming everyone plays the same way you do and you're also assuming elven battle enchantment actually works, but it's confirmed to not be working at all in PvE - 100% bugged.

I rolled a very effective DPS DC but the Repurpose Soul and Armpen Bug are quite crippling to him.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Thats just ridiculous.... So you say you do all solo content with the group? Wait, you are trolling? Ahahaha, you got me, good one!
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    DC can dish out some nice damage. However, any well equipped class with right spec can dish out nice damage. Dealing damage is not unique and dealing damage alone is not even competetive in group play.

Other classes can dish out damage while providing utility at the same time, e.g. in form of control powers.

However, Clerics need to choose: damage or heal. There are only few hybrid abilities (namely sunburst and forge masters) and all of them are more or less mediocre at best.

Focus on cleric should be dealing moderate damage in form of AE damage while providing great support in form of AE healing and damage migration. This should be the architype. Currently, he deals next to no damage if focused on healing. Any shift towards damage in encounters or dailies directly reduce healing or damage migration.

Summary: there are too less and too weak hybrid damage/heal or heal/debuff abilities. They should be buffed because support focused clerics are currently force to play a heal bot or better cleric companion instead of a heroic champion of the gods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    However, Clerics need to choose: damage or heal.

This would absolutely be untrue IF Repurpose Soul was working, which it isn't, hasn't been since launch, and maybe never will be.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Add some other things that are not working (armor penetration, Flame strike crit...) to the picture...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    How am I trolling? Our main goal is healing. Even in full heals your power from daunting light is enough to DPS, Searing Light with divinity is enough, and sunburst is enough to disengage along with Sacred Flame or your choice of at wills. Regardless healing should be more which would help solo content as well for survivability. Before you try and call me a troll maybe you should think. Try that k? K.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Oh wow thats crazy. Well I dont think Armor Pen is that big of a deal atm since DC's are healers... And repurpose soul needs a fix then :P

Armor pen is important for healing. It affects Forgemaster's flame and astral seal.
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    This would absolutely be untrue IF Repurpose Soul was working, which it isn't, hasn't been since launch, and maybe never will be.

This would be even true if RS would work. It only add 15% of the damage from crits as heal. It don't allow you to switch damage migration spells like AS or BoH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe I dont want to be a Devoted Cleric, maybe I want to be Devoted Death from Above..
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    You're assuming everyone plays the same way you do and you're also assuming elven battle enchantment actually works, but it's confirmed to not be working at all in PvE - 100% bugged.

I rolled a very effective DPS DC but the Repurpose Soul and Armpen Bug are quite crippling to him.

I think it's just meant for PvP only, just like dwarf CC immune racial doesn't work in PvE.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Personally I feel the DC could be a lot better with just a little more synergy between spells. I feel that currently the primary issue is that we're extremly limited in our spell combinations and feats because otherwise things just don't proc and are wasted.

Obviously there are some other issues as people have listed like RS, FS not critting, AR not affecting any AOE spell (this one's pretty big imo since it makes APen almost usless for DC's on top of the fact that it's a primary stat on the new set) Currently the new set sucks imo because you get all those wasted stat points.