test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Zen Pet, You had your pockets filled, give players pvp maps

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Anyone think its insane number of pets each month and they have no work on ovo maps...I mean seriously, they just care, tis all about the money. I mean come on.
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• baleriondrogonbaleriondrogon Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    This game is F2P but any business needs $$$ to survive. The gaming industry is all about $$$. Nothing in life is FrEe...
    " I don't know half of you as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve." -J.R.R. Tolkien
    hzcMHai.gif0SwPbeK.gif
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    the group that works on zen shop items do not work on content. or bugs. someone should create a list of things like this so we can make a sticky of it. hmm...
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If they need help they should ask. I'm sure there are plenty of players that would happily create new maps(in foundry) for pvp and dungeons. All they have to do is test/edit and implement the maps and we'll have 100's of free maps to pvp in. Anything wrong with this?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited September 2013
    If they need help they should ask. I'm sure there are plenty of players that would happily create new maps(in foundry) for pvp and dungeons. All they have to do is test/edit and implement the maps and we'll have 100's of free maps to pvp in. Anything wrong with this?

i'm not sure if you've ever been in the editor, but the content in there is definitely more geared for pve. the pvp maps we have now, if they were available in the editor, would appear as one huge area since it is essentially one giant room.
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the group that works on zen shop items do not work on content. or bugs.

I laugh every time someone says this....makes you think that there are 100 zenshop workers creating items for every 1 content creator and bug fixer...right?
    edited September 2013
    I laugh every time someone says this....makes you think that there are 100 zenshop workers creating items for every 1 content creator and bug fixer...right?

or fixing bugs is far more technical than creating zen items? at least you had a laugh. too bad it was at someone else's expense.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Be sure to tune in next week as fusedmass complains about yet another mount that he isnt required to buy.

You are way to early for this. I gave you at least 7 days. There was no need to rush it.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please get it out of your head that Cryptic cares about it's players at all. New PVP maps won't make them cash and therefore none are coming in the future. Get used to running map A or B.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    create content -> attract more players -> collect more money ??? profit!

somebody from marketing of PW should realize that
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wondras wrote: »
    create content -> attract more players -> collect more money ??? profit!

somebody from marketing of PW should realize that

You'd think they'd be that intelligent.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    not to mention you only have to create half a map and then just mirror it for pvp right? =P

really not that big of a task IMO. and how hard is it to make a Q system that says "Team A has 50k combined GS, choose players that give Team B ~50k combined GS" One team might have 2 13k's and 2 7k's while the other team has 5 10k but that should balance out as team A's 7k's will be worthless lol.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You are way to early for this. I gave you at least 7 days. There was no need to rush it.

Lol you did call it ...
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Oh and about foundry pvp maps ... This was mentioned/rumored as well as module 2 having a lot more focus on foundry improvements ... Sounds very likely that we will get foundry pvp.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That would mean a max of 2v2 in foundry pvp though right? Or could they implement something that allows 10 or even 20 people to join the same foundry instance?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Foundry PvP is great idea. It could go like this:
    create a map with rating of 4 or higher and a thousand of plays ->unlocks one slot for 5 man teams map
    create a 5 man team map with rating of 4 or higher and a ten thousand of plays ->unlocks one slot for 10 man teams map
    I understand PvP maps can ask for more server performance and not every map could be 10v10 allowed