test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gwf / tr suggestion

adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
By browsing through the forums i see some complains about gwf not having enough aoe dps and the tr having a bit too high burst damage and 1 or 2 shotting ppl in pvp.

Anyways, what is your opinion about increasing the damage one can do with combat advantage and in comparison to this lower a bit some tr burst damage (like leashing)? Then the gwf and tr could do more sustainable damage overall in pve but the tr do not have so high spikes in pvp.
Suggestions to improve NW:
- Dualspec
- Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
- Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
- Armory
- make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
Post edited by adernath on

Comments

• kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    By browsing through the forums i see some complains about gwf not having enough aoe dps and the tr having a bit too high burst damage and 1 or 2 shotting ppl in pvp.

Anyways, what is your opinion about increasing the damage one can do with combat advantage and in comparison to this lower a bit some tr burst damage (like leashing)? Then the gwf and tr could do more sustainable damage overall in pve but the tr do not have so high spikes in pvp.

My opinion when it comes to TRs, people just have to learn how to deal with them. Honestly, you have tried pushing the pro nerf TR agenda more than once and even admitted you do not have much experience with PVP and the TR class. Just to let you know it is not just TRs one or two shotting players. There are threads that call for GFs, GWFs, CWs, and TRs to be nerfed instead of just TRs. I could list all the threads but it would be a waste of time. *sigh*

Now beefing up GWF's AOE ability to give an alternative build than sentinel? Possibly a good idea.

No more nerfs and maybe a few buffs for say DCs would be great to be honest in my opinion.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    My opinion when it comes to TRs, people just have to learn how to deal with them. Honestly, you have tried pushing the pro nerf TR agenda more than once and even admitted you do not have much experience with PVP and the TR class. Just to let you know it is not just TRs one or two shotting players. There are threads that call for GFs, GWFs, CWs, and TRs to be nerfed instead of just TRs. I could list all the threads but it would be a waste of time. *sigh*

Now beefing up GWF's AOE ability to give an alternative build than sentinel? Possibly a good idea.

No more nerfs and maybe a few buffs for say DCs would be great to be honest in my opinion.

/facepalm

If you would read my suggestion than you would see that i do not want to cripple any class. (btw, i got years of xp in pvp mmorpg)
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    TR is clearly OP ... Well as I was finding that TRs were really good in PVP I decided to do a TR just to see how the gameplay of it and to my surprise it the gameplay is so simple that anyone can play well. I got lvl. 60 today and with GS 5700 was in the top 3 of the BGs I did just the dailys. With my set low gs ,do critics of 10k in PvP and I have only 17k of HP . This is just surreal and makes me doubt about the ability of Devs to balance the game.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TR is clearly OP ... Well as I was finding that TRs were really good in PVP I decided to do a TR just to see how the gameplay of it and to my surprise it the gameplay is so simple that anyone can play well. I got lvl. 60 today and with GS 5700 was in the top 3 of the BGs I did just the dailys. With my set low gs ,do critics of 10k in PvP and I have only 17k of HP . This is just surreal and makes me doubt about the ability of Devs to balance the game.

/facepalm.

I would accidentally one shot you and not even realize you were there until I seen your silly corpse begging to be revived.

You must have been lucky enough to Q with other terrible people with a GS like yours. You shouldn't post silly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this, the forum is already full of people like you with 0 knowledge of how PvP actually is.

GS of 5700 at 60? Pretty sure my TR at lvl 45 had over a 6k GS just from questing and equipping properly. <
    /facepalm
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    /facepalm.

I would accidentally one shot you and not even realize you were there until I seen your silly corpse begging to be revived.

You must have been lucky enough to Q with other terrible people with a GS like yours. You shouldn't post silly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this, the forum is already full of people like you with 0 knowledge of how PvP actually is.

GS of 5700 at 60? Pretty sure my TR at lvl 45 had over a 6k GS just from questing and equipping properly. <
    /facepalm
    You just forgot to mention it has lost and who was on top of the game?
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lurkers nerf needs to be reversed for pve. Zero $#<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> given about pvp tbh. Nobody cares now because of HV but when that gets fixed and people realise just how gimped dps is overall and dps of trs in particular are they will be crying to nerf dungeons down to casual, even more than they do already.

Just posting this for posterities sake. Feel free to quote this months down the line after hv gets fixed
    edited September 2013
    /facepalm

If you would read my suggestion than you would see that i do not want to cripple any class. (btw, i got years of xp in pvp mmorpg)
    I know i dont have much xp in pvp here, but I have alot xp in pvp-wow and know the basics.

/facepalm

This is Neverwinter not WOW or any other pvp mmorph. The creators of the threads you based your suggestion on do want to cripple the TR class for their own gain. Further decreasing the TRs burst damage, which it is made to do btw, will cripple it. TRs are suppose to do heavy burst damage while being squishy and there burst damage has been significantly decreased already if you check the last two *balancing* updates. Instead of mentioning the other classes one and two shooting players you singled out TRs again. Singling out the TRs to be nerfed makes this thread look like just another QQ thread that should be ignored in my opinion.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013

Proof please because any experienced pvper will know that a TR with only 5700 GS would not be able to stand up against experienced players or premades who have BIS armor. The only way slightly possible would be a cookie cutter build permastealth stacking tenebrous and tenebrous can be used by any class.

• goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Proof please because any experienced pvper will know that a TR with only 5700 GS would not be able to stand up against experienced players or premades who have BIS armor. The only way slightly possible would be a cookie cutter build permastealth stacking tenebrous and tenebrous can be used by any class.

Why you always bring up a tr fighting against premades with bis? You do know most players don't have that right? I believe he meant when he was fighting against equally geared players not people with 12k+ gs.
    So you would only admit that rogues are op when you see proof a 5700 gs can kill a 12k gs? lol:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • godlysoulgodlysoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you do this, rogues in stealth always get combat advantage, therefore, you would buff permastealth builds. Despite the fact it is a weak build unless you are rich in game to afford the proper enchants, buffing permastealth would make many people who already still complain about permastealth very unhappy.
    edited September 2013
    Premades and BIS gear are a part of pvp since pvp does not separate by premade or pug or gear score. This means any player who queues for PVP does not know what he or she is facing till they enter PVP. BIS gear is becoming very common and most players are starting to use it more to compete in PVP than other players expect. A pug team is powerful if it has BIS gear equipped players. I have no idea what some other players do when they face a premade or a team with BIS gear but I fight and so do tons of other pvpers.