test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the dungeon queue system!

vlix98vlix98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've played MMO's since EQ. I KNOW that even having a queue system is a privilege. However, since this system has become the standard for MMO's it seems to me very odd that in a game that calls itself a DUNGEONS and dragons game, the queue system is STILL so utterly broken. I cannot count the times that I've queued for a dungeon only to have ONE person decline during the invite and STILL the server places us four hapless adventurers into a dungeon with no hope of completion. Or worse, you get to the end boss and either through frustration or real life intrusion, someone has to leave. As of now there is NO WAY to get a replacement. If there is, it has been made so "cryptic" (pun definitely intended) that nobody I've ever come across knows how to do it. Your competitors, who have been successful in this genre have made SURE that THIS SYSTEM works above ALL ELSE! How can you continue to release "new" content without fixing some of the BROKEN fundamentals of the game! In case you haven't noticed, you are KILLING what could have been a great game with an even GREATER namesake! As for myself I will not spend one red cent more on ZEN until some basic things are fixed in this game and you release the TWO classes that you are holding "Hostage" to try and string people along! Most of my guild has lost interest over these very issues and more are following suit. Save the game!
Post edited by vlix98 on

Comments

• Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    The system of dugeons in this game is the most broken I've seen in an MMO that can be considered updated. The PvP without a rating system or battle GXG is another shameful thing.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Interestingly enough, this seems to only be an issue with Epic dungeons...or at least in my experience. Regular DV works everytime, but Epic DV never works. My lowbie alts have no issues, but my L 60's get broken parties for epics all week.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have to assume that the reason the game is missing this basic mechanic is the fear of abuse...GWF kicked by leader till a 3rd CW is found or something like that.I do not see this as a reason to not address this major deficiency in the Dungeon experience. It is very frustrating to wait for a que and then have some one look at the party and simply bail, or to have fought the end boss one time, then someone has to leave ect... too many scenarios to name as to why this is needed. I have pointed out the one scenario where i think this is not needed.

Other MMos make kicking and accepting after the initial group is formed as group vote. i think this addresses the one issue I pointed out and honestly, do you want to run with a group of people that do not want your class and will blame the fail on you anyway?

Please implement the ability to refill a party. It would be awesome to have a general cue too, that allows you to recruit folks for a particular run, rather than trying to form a group by scrolling though LFG chat.... so archaic.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have to assume that the reason the game is missing this basic mechanic is the fear of abuse...
    YOu seem to be talking about a something else. The OP's complaint is about how the queue system is currently all sorts of F'ed up. queuing for Epics for the last week I have constantly gotten the notification with two declines immediately. Then it ports us in anyway. Sometimes there are 3 of us, some times there are 5, but we're never in party and I have to invite the other people.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The quelle is not broken .
    I make few test's.
    Result: Waiting time for TR T1-T2 insta 10-30 min
    Waiting time for CW 10-15 min
    Waiting time for GWF 10-30 min
    Waiting time for DC 1-5 min
    Waiting time for GF 1-2 min
    The thing is only 2 shame class can be in 1 party .So and if i get in alwys 2 cw or 2 tr or 2 gwf are in the p ,the most popular pvp classes.
    Sorry for bad eng
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So the que system doesn't give you 5 people half the time and if you leave it sends you to the map where the dungeon is....So today during DD I spent the entire hour getting bounced away from productive quests...Into groups without enough players....When I finally got a group of 5 I was told by the GF (I am TR) that gear basic only (bad english)....he kicks me. I have a GS of 9100 as a TR and it was one of the 8300 limit ones.....Whatever, his right since it randomly assigned him to the leader role. I message him, starts telling me about purple gear (which I have)...I should enchant it all (some is).....What I have noticed about GS is that TR is lower than other class with same basic set ups....Anyways...frustrated cause I missed DD and wasted an hour of my life. Please for the love of god.....fix it so it does not teleport you when there is obviously only 4 one was already x'd out!!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    while you can use the queue system, a lot of people use the /lfg channel to get groups of 5 together. guild membership can also help as far as running dungeons with a group of people you can trust.

and honestly, if you got kicked by someone based on your gear score, then that is probably a group you don't want to be in. gear score means nothing if you have the right points and buffs in the right places. i've heard of fresh level 60 TRs wearing only blue gear having more damage than an epic-slotted TR. my CW used to have a gear score of 11.5k but now she's got something like 10.3k and she's doing way more damage than before i made changes. and she's wearing some blue gear.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The short answer is to stop relying on the queues if you want a fun and cohesive team. Hey, you may get lucky and get 4 other people that are neither elitists nor noobs, but more often than not, you get someone who is lacking. Why chance it when you can just take the reigns and start putting together your own team using the /LFG channel?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dinohedrondinohedron Member, Moderators, Cryptic Developers Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for letting us know what's important to you. I just wanted to pop in real quick and let you know that we are currently (and have been for a while) working on a nice update to the queue system that should solve a whole bunch of these issues. We've got to make sure they're solid and fully tested before they can go live so hang in there.

-Zeke
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The thing is you can min-max more easily with blue gear. I have found myself out-damaged by TRs with lower gear score some times or I have out-damaged other TRs with better gear score than mine. One of my rings and the necklace are blue quality and I don't intend to change them. I might even replace the other ring with a blue one as well. The fact that a player has the right gear score for a dungeon does not automatically mean he can perform well in that dungeon. It's nice to have good gear but the gear doesn't win the fights for you. What I am trying to say is that gear score is mostly bs.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dinohedron wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for letting us know what's important to you. I just wanted to pop in real quick and let you know that we are currently (and have been for a while) working on a nice update to the queue system that should solve a whole bunch of these issues. We've got to make sure they're solid and fully tested before they can go live so hang in there.

-Zeke

Make sure they are solid and fully tested?

Why isn't this on the ptr then, you leave stuff to internal testing and just for big announcements way to long and stuff on the ptr way to short.

U need stuff like this on the ptr for a long time to find all the bugs, or you wouldn't have a crappy queue system in the first place if you listened to people in the "beta!" Stage of the game.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    khimera906, I agree on the blue gear thing - gearscore isn't always a good judge of character performance - especially since things like bonus HP are given a lot of weight in the calculation.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    djmackendjmacken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dinohedron wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

-Zeke

When can we expect to hear in more detail what these changes are? That would go a long way.