test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question - What is the worst skill on the GWF skilltree

vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
ok This isn't intended as a flame thread.

You can select ONE skill as the Worst BUT you have to explain why.
You are also allowed to Defend one skill that has been mentioned, by explaining why it's not Worst =)

[an example of defending a skill :) ]
As a sidenote, (unstoppable) isnt allowed to be here, But I'm going to use it as an example ;)
we know it's bugged, and while it's working it's far from the worst thing the gwf has ;)

Reasons:
  1. It increases Temp Hp
  2. It increases Defence,
  3. Increases your attack speed,
  4. makes you (currently more invurnable vs cc attacks) .. (hopefully fully viable again soon(tm), a fix might be out on monday on preview).

As for the worst skill

My vote goes to the : Reaping Strike:
Reasons:
  1. The Slow buildup causes all buffs to run out before you can use it,
  2. it's interuptable and thus the whole buildupp was wasted,
  3. even with the dmg increase that was done to it, it is just not on par with any other at will attack.
  4. One HAS TO Put points in it, only reason one puts points into it is becaues you have to, to advance in the skill tree.
  5. (would anyone even notice if they would just delete it? probably only those lower than lvl 20, since they'r stuck with that skill untill they get their next at-will)

*sidenote. It looked really cool at the first lvl's when starting the game, but as you advance and meet cc'ing monsters and pushbacks, ranged creatures, or pvp.... it quickly became obvious that this skill wasn't something that was really usable. And although im not 100% sure, I would even go so far as to say this skill is probably the worst skill of all the skills on all the different classes as far as I've noticed.
Post edited by valliv on

Comments

• chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Spinning Strike

Try it once you'll see.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Spinning Strike

Try it once you'll see.

I'll admit, it's pretty bad, but it can be used along with Steely defence, since you can toggle it off without finishing your AP.
    Thus gaining immunity for 5seconds withinn a nice interval. since you don't need to build upp as much AP as for the other Daily's.
    along with minor threat generation for the sentinel.
    (though slam even in it's current version is probably preferable still since it has a bigger aoe.)

For my 2Astral Diamonds Reaping Strike still seems more useless ;)
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wrong. Weeping strike demonstrate the utter uselessness of the weapon fighter class. That's its purpose.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    our mark is total joke of skill it dont do damage it dont force everything to attack us and if marked mobs attack us they are not marked...i wonder who made such a great skill and every other aoe encounter is very bad and reaping strike to i never seen someone who use reaping strike
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    battle fury?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I would have to say Sure Strike would be tied with Punishing Charge.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Daring Shout.

I can see the usefulness in the skill. But at the moment. Its poor for tanking due to no threat generated (and no feats that adds threat to it or forces monsters to attack you)

The marks both dissappear after a small duration and when getting hit.

Also does no damage. And it doesnt generate AP per target hit anymore.

Only good it is getting determination per target and putting marks for yourself and other people to lower thier damage mitagation as long as they arent focused on you.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I have to think deep about this.. There are alot of skills that could be considered..
    The proof of this is in the fact that I have 5 points that I haven't spent in my skills.. No point.. And there are probably 10 points that are spent because you need to unlock the next skills.. So really probably 30-40% of the GWF are pretty useless
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    1st place WEEPING STRIKE
    2nd place Come and get it - (the mobs came but didnt get anything trololol)
    3rd place tie between spinning strike and daring cry(shout)
  • pathothpathoth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    battle fury.
    -it gives 20% more ap gain but no ap for using the skill itself, so you actually get less ap gain overall than slotting any other encounter skill
    -unlike the feat skills from the other two trees, daring shout or leap with its feat, its damage bonus (20%) wont buff the damage of your daily skills.
    -unlike the other movement skills, you can only use it when already in combat, so you can't use it right before a fight to prepare, and you can't use it to move around places in the world.
    -it interrupts your other skills and prevents you from doing anything but move when activating
    -the description fools you into thinking it might be good.
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    our mark is total joke of skill it dont do damage it dont force everything to attack us and if marked mobs attack us they are not marked...i wonder who made such a great skill and every other aoe encounter is very bad and reaping strike to i never seen someone who use reaping strike

My main is a GF... can't agree more with the mark system being bad. Having it on TAB is even a bigger joke.
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pathoth wrote: »
    battle fury.
    -it gives 20% more ap gain but no ap for using the skill itself, so you actually get less ap gain overall than slotting any other encounter skill
    -unlike the feat skills from the other two trees, daring shout or leap with its feat, its damage bonus (20%) wont buff the damage of your daily skills.
    -unlike the other movement skills, you can only use it when already in combat, so you can't use it right before a fight to prepare, and you can't use it to move around places in the world.
    -it interrupts your other skills and prevents you from doing anything but move when activating
    -the description fools you into thinking it might be good.

For PVE it is a great skill. I have tested out every encounter the GWF has to offer and I found out that I gain faster AP and hit way harder with Battle Fury slotted. You just have to know when to use it.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Come and get it and reaping strike. Both of these are not only useless but likely cause more harm to yourself than anything else.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've found uses for Battle Fury, and Come and Get it, but reaping strike..... o.0 it's.. just.... well... there... but .. why use it??..

Battle Fury can boost dmg, fill stamina when you need to run more(good to get ahead of team and bash those little mobs)..

Come and get it, good to pull those tiny mob's and get in 1 hitt that deals good dmg, then swing away. (can be a bit tricky in Dungeons since it can conflict with sing's ) but it's usable.
    *Battle Fury will give higer overall dmg over time but on tiny mobs Come and get it, may mean a quick clear when solo questing by pulling them close enaugh for one hig'ish dmg hitt.).
    even Daring shout boosts your dmg resist (good on bosses you have to tank *if it doesn't ignore you*) *if he ignores you, then it's good cause his dmg resist is lowered =D .ps terror enchant or plague fire will stack aswell on this =))

But Reaping strike..... just nothing.. ?

you supposed to crawl upp to the mobs and get one swing... with no buffs (all ran out), (if you get interupted it's a no go), in all cases something else is faster, more effective, and by far more secure .. it's just a horrible skill lol..

Only in one situation is it that I can see it as a slotted option, while lvl'ing, since you don't really have a choice...!

As I've stated before, it's just what I consider the worst skill in the whole skilltree of the Gwf. ;)
  • pathothpathoth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    For PVE it is a great skill. I have tested out every encounter the GWF has to offer and I found out that I gain faster AP and hit way harder with Battle Fury slotted. You just have to know when to use it.
    the AP bonus is a joke. you want more AP PvE? get punishing charge. its the only skill that still grants AP for multiple targets. or put ANY other encounter skill slotted. bam, from 2 ap giving encounter skills to 3 skills- a 50% ap gain increase instead of 20% for battle fury! wicked strike gives some nice AP, but its not enough to make up the difference.

the only time you'd actually want to use it is slotting BOTH punishing charge and indomitable battle strike finishing things off. and they are probably gonna nerf the AP gain on punishing charge so... lol.

btw, if you use punishing charge, disable screen shake. its terrible. I never understand why developers think screen shake could ever be a good idea.

if you want a dmg buff and movement, then use mighty leap with its feat from instigator. its better in every way.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've found Punishing Charge to be the best AP generator we currently have.

Battle Fury has other bonuses to Stamina/Damage so there is something to be said for it... However I've been loving the AP from Punishing Charge and the increased mobility it offers much more then Battle Fury overall.

Just figured I'd chime in! ;)
    va8Ru.gif