test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Classes still need more "Balance"

maliangyionmaliangyion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Most of you complain about Trickser Rouge at first, but I see in this days that is so neferd that instead of being the Assassin of the game, is just a toy for almost all clases.
All PvP I go, most of the time Mages are on the top of the scores, also the Great Weapon Fighter, U must neferd Great Weapon Fighter, they become big too fast, I mean there must be added more CD between times that they can become Bigs (they become almost inmune).
Post edited by maliangyion on

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do a fair amount of pvp and a lot of it comes down to gear. I've seen GF's two shot people. TR's one shot, CW's put up 30+ kills as Oppressor, GWF's put up 20-30 kills or take on 4-5 players at once, and even seen tanky clerics just never die.

On the other side ive seen all of these classes get trashed themselves. Its Gear > Skill > Team Makeup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most of you complain about Trickser Rouge at first, but I see in this days that is so neferd that instead of being the Assassin of the game, is just a toy for almost all clases.
    All PvP I go, most of the time Mages are on the top of the scores, also the Great Weapon Fighter, U must neferd Great Weapon Fighter, they become big too fast, I mean there must be added more CD between times that they can become Bigs (they become almost inmune).

I am mainly a TR and I say no more nerfs to any classes please.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem in PvP is, there is simply no counter for damage dealers beside throwing the T2 armor and jewelry into trash and equipping with blue reg/def/hp gear ...

However, there is such a simple solution for all these problems.

ALLOW CLERICS TO PROTECT THEIR GROUP BETTER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    The problem in PvP is, there is simply no counter for damage dealers beside throwing the T2 armor and jewelry into trash and equipping with blue reg/def/hp gear ...

However, there is such a simple solution for all these problems.

ALLOW CLERICS TO PROTECT THEIR GROUP BETTER

yea I agree with that. I know I am not a big pvp-er in this game, but I did alot of pvp in wow and i can tell you: It is stupid if you can not counter abilities. For example (i play a CW as main) I can not counter the Ice Knife of another CW when he has this ready. You have to suck it up and if you dont have the hp then its over and you can respawn. Having instant spells is on the one hand refreshing (i never really liked the always-too-long casting bars in wow), however the drawback is you can not counter anything.

In wow as wizard (for example) you were able to counterspell things or get ice block up before the nuke lands etc. Here take for example rogue stealth (I know there were topics about that, but still i have to say it): I do not know a way of how to avoid damage against a knife throwing rogue in stealth... or while in stealth dazing strike me (which already does quite some damage) and then leashing blade. Perhaps casting some aoe, but that doesnt really make much difference. Yes, rogues should have the opener, but I can not find a way of how to avoid or reduce their initial damage - which is devastating for a squishy CW.

For example in wow (wotlk) as frost mage I was able to kill almost every rogue in 1vs1 by intelligent use of my counters/trinkets etc. I dont say wow is/was perfectly balanced, but by looking at wow one can learn alot about good game mechanics. Another big point are dimish returns. On the one hand i observe that many opponents are not long enough in cc in 1vs1, on the other hand i have the impression that they can get cc-ed again and again when zerged and everyone is pulling out their encounter.

Well.. the targeting system is also chaotic for me, but perhaps i have to get used to it more. Just my few cents to this topic.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Heres an idea: how about we stop trying to "balance" classes for pvp? It's making the pve content impossible to play because we are getting nerfed to satisfy you people who can only find pleasure from bludgeoning one another to death. You want pvp to be balanced? Make it so that powers have pvp stats and pve stats. Dont nerf the entirety of the playerbase to satisfy the pvpers. This isnt guild wars, it's Neverwinter, a dungeons & dragons game. When you cant run dungeons anymore, whats the point?
  • Options
    cyanbluestone007cyanbluestone007 Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yeah *** the PvP balance focus on PVE GF's and GWF's Need ALOT of love, they need to e buffed and to become a useful memeber of the group. PVP is nothing compared to PVE