test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.5.20130828.7 Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Quests and Environment
  • Castle Never: The visible collision above the statues is no longer visible and is no longer an eye sore.
  • Midsummer Festival: There is now a Mail Courier at the festival grounds.
  • Sharandar: The War Makers: The War Makers mission now grants proper campaign rewards, it was previously not granting one of the blades.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    This will be going up to Preview around 3pm PST.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One of the other Sharandar Malabogs Realm missions fails to give the blade as a reward too (sorry I don't know the name off the top of my head) , have both been repaired or just the one?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    One of the other Sharandar Malabogs Realm missions fails to give the blade as a reward too (sorry I don't know the name off the top of my head) , have both been repaired or just the one?

I will have someone investigate to double check, thanks.
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    I will have someone investigate to double check, thanks.

The name of the quest which wasnt giving the blade was "The War Makers" all should be grand when the update goes live. Thanks heaps.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    AFAIK War Makers is the only one with the issue. Some of the other quests in Realm of Malabarg due have issues. With Bearing Arms has the issue of plants breaking and not dropping the warriors. The one with the Dryads has the issue that it takes a long time for Dryads to respawn so as more people start to file into the minizone it becomes harder and harder to complete it.

Also can we get mail boxes in other zones as well besides the festival zone?
  • Options
    irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited September 2013
    Will we get the blades we missed out on for the dailies we already did?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    ...Also can we get mail boxes in other zones as well besides the festival zone?

This was brought up before and I can't recall the reason why we decided against it. I will ask though. One in New Sharandar at least would be sweet since I try and hang out there as much as possible.
    irdillon wrote: »
    Will we get the blades we missed out on for the dailies we already did?

Sorry, not at this time, no.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This was brought up before and I can't recall the reason why we decided against it. I will ask though. One in New Sharandar at least would be sweet since I try and hang out there as much as possible.

As long as the mail boxes were at the start of the zones where the first group of NPCs are, I don't see why it would be much of an issue and would be a life savior for people who don't like going to the enclave, especially for those who tend to crash there.
  • Options
    naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Quests and Environment
    • Castle Never: The visible collision above the statues is no longer visible and is no longer an eye sore.
    • Sharandar: The War Makers: The War Makers mission now grants proper campaign rewards, it was previously not granting one of the blades.

Thanks for the "War Makers" fix, I reported that and hoped it's really a bug.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Also I would like to point out again that the achievements for weaponsmithing and artificing still aren't retroactive which means anyone who leveled them up already is screwed out of the achievements.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Quests and Environment

Why put mailbox in the festival area when the event will end soon? Will the area still be accesible but can't do the event?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    xmxaxnxgxoxxmxaxnxgxox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really wanna know when will you guys fix the tab bug for GWF, I have been waited for so long.....
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Why put mailbox in the festival area when the event will end soon? Will the area still be accesible but can't do the event?

I think it will be a yearly/seasonal event
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    panderus 1 question... yesterday i unlock the 3rd gate in sharandar, made all 3 quests and then enter the celadine (or something like that) soloed and finished it. after i was very frustated when opened the chest and some pretty much the same rewards... a shard that worth 1/2k AD and a blue gear item...

Isnt it possible to make it a purple item (1 or 2), or ifs gonna be blue make it like 5 or 6, cause gaining 34s for doin a dungeon that took me 9 days to unlock seems pretty less to me :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013

the mailbox seems to be a free courtesy for people that are spending a lot of time in the zone even though it will end next week. that's still 5-6 days in that zone.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really wanna know when will you guys fix the tab bug for GWF, I have been waited for so long.....

while this bug can happen anywhere from 5-15% of the time, the exact key combination to reproduce it is elusive and until this can be isolated and replicated, it's going to take some time to fix. you don't know that it's happened until it's already happened. i've looked at combat logs to see if there is some way to determine (pun intended) what's happening but without some kind of key logger as well as client/server logs with thousands of lines of executed code... i think you can see what i'm getting to here. if it was a simple fix, it would already have been fixed.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    panderus 1 question... yesterday i unlock the 3rd gate in sharandar, made all 3 quests and then enter the celadine (or something like that) soloed and finished it. after i was very frustated when opened the chest and some pretty much the same rewards... a shard that worth 1/2k AD and a blue gear item...

Isnt it possible to make it a purple item (1 or 2), or ifs gonna be blue make it like 5 or 6, cause gaining 34s for doin a dungeon that took me 9 days to unlock seems pretty less to me :/

There are a couple of purple weapons and a green companion you can get in the Celadaine chest, although they are random so some time you'll only get blues. Click on the view rewards button in the campaign page to see the possible rewards for each area.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jigles wrote: »

The chest does have a CHANCE to reward a purple item plus it has a chance to give you a new portal/ blink hound companion (not sure which lol ) , I guess that the chests contents are based on RNG .
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One in New Sharandar at least would be sweet since I try and hang out there as much as possible.

+1. I think putting a mail box in Sharandar (and any major hubs from future modules as well) would be a great addition for the exact reason you mention. If there's a new interesting area introduced, I generally want to spend as much time there as possible (especially one as visually fun as Sharandar). But it's hard to just "set up camp" there if I have to keep running back to PE to use the mailbox.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why not add a mailbox in every quest area in the game? This way people won't actually have to travel to Protector's Enclave in order to take/send items from the mail. It would be convenient and would reduce the congestion we have in Protector's Enclave.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Dont you guys think that things like character diversity, enchantment repairs, bug fixes, D&D fundamentals..... ect.... are a bit more priority?

lol. mailboxes.... *sighs*

Mailboxes feel like step 742
    We are on step 7
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Dont you guys think that things like character diversity, enchantment repairs, bug fixes, D&D fundamentals..... ect.... are a bit more priority?

lol. mailboxes.... *sighs*

Mailboxes feel like step 742
    We are on step 7

I agree, however, there are people on the team that have different skills and responsibilities appropriate to their discipline. It's also an easy change compared to other things.
This discussion has been closed.