test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF sets

saagesaage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
What is the best set for a gwf, pvp and pve after the nerf? I am currently trying to get the valiant warlord one, so expensive though. What's your opinion?
Post edited by saage on

Comments

• Options
    axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    saage wrote: »
    What is the best set for a gwf, pvp and pve after the nerf? I am currently trying to get the valiant warlord one, so expensive though. What's your opinion?

avatar is best for pve,titan scrapper for pvp but cant kill a fly without some nice enchants,you ment vigilant? its ok but nothing special eather way sets are fine but class is broke so you want be satisfied eather way coz you cant pvp,pve in same sets you need 2 sets
    its like that......oh and probably the best pve/pvp build is leroy jenkins but costs a fortune
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    saage wrote: »
    Depending on spec honestly..

Destroyer/Instigator I'd say: Avatar of War, hands down. That's for both PvE/PvP.

Sentinel: Currently I am using 2x Titan/2x Vigilant Warlord, but I am currently experimenting with 4x Vigilant Warlord to see if the almost constant ability to keep up 5% damage resistance is better then the 1800 HP from the Titan 2x set bonus.
    axis40 wrote: »
    ......oh and probably the best pve/pvp build is leroy jenkins but costs a fortune
    Thanks for the shout out mi amigo, but I'd say my build is best at NOT dying. There are much better builds (Destoryer spec!) for DPS and killing things, just FYI. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Avatar for PvE and PvP if Destroyer. Sents tend to use a special set that mixes lots of odd-ball blues.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Avatar for PvE and PvP if Destroyer. Sents tend to use a special set that mixes lots of odd-ball blues.

Avatar for PvP will give you the tankiness of a paper bag as a destroyer no? I have been trying to find a good mix of tank and damage recently as I'm tired of just being the punching bag that takes days to kill but does 0 damage.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Avatar for PvP will give you the tankiness of a paper bag as a destroyer no? I have been trying to find a good mix of tank and damage recently as I'm tired of just being the punching bag that takes days to kill but does 0 damage.

i told you once sent needs no nerf coz no one wants to play one you were pissed lol.....and some mix takes very high gear and enchants and still no chance against best gf .....
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'm currently at 12k GS with the T2 Gauntlegrym set, Valiant. It suits me fine, but it's hard to compare GS with it because we sacrifice some kill for the movement bonus, a bonus I personally use alot of in PvP. Just know, movement doesn't help GS at all, so you have to remember where you stand.

My gems are deflect, AP, Recovery. I have yet to have a boss in a T2 dungeon that I couldn't tank, though I'm a bit of a pushover with trying to tank adds. In PvP, it is very hard to kill me if I start the fight, and I generally get my second and third kill at half health (I stay at half health in GG, pretty much). I actually put myself in harms way if I have a cleric, just to get more Unstoppable.

I do NOT hit very hard, however. I run with premades, and in almost every one I am being beat by CW's and TR's on my team. My guildie with the Avatar set could do far more damage than me, but not tank nearly as well (deflect bonuses of my set and gems really work in my favor).

I am currently building a Titan set, however, because sometimes it's just fun being THAT guy in PvP that just keeps standing. When I have it built, I might have a new favorite suit.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    PVP - Full Titan

Damage reduction and deflection.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    PVP - Full Titan

Damage reduction and deflection.

same pvp I run full titan. Ancient sword/knot. n. vorpal. My rings/neck/belt are set for dps stats power/crit/armor pen.

Im no way as tanky as a full sentinel with their bis setup. But I can last a good while in pretty much any fight, and still kill things.

if you get ff by 5 people ull still probably die. but only sentinel build ive seen survive that.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even in PvE, I bring two suits. Avatar for general trash slaughter. Titan or titan/scrap for tougher fights that you need to soak some damage.

Been tempted to try out the vigilant set in pvp for run speed bonus. But, I have a feeling I'd just get one shotted by some bs so I haven't bothered.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

No, I've been complimented many times for my damage. I've used it for awhile now.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    axis40 wrote: »
    i told you once sent needs no nerf coz no one wants to play one you were pissed lol.....and some mix takes very high gear and enchants and still no chance against best gf .....

Actually I have been experimenting quite a lot lately and have found quite a nice mix of damage and tank. I don't personally have tene's but I shared the build with a very rich guild mate and his GWF does insanely well with 7 gtene's. Even without them though I have great offensive stats as well as 34k HP and a lot of defense/defl. I am still sent spec though, without it you just can't be tanky enough.

With my super tank regen gear I could beat any GF 1v1, as I said it just got boring to do so little damage. The fight would last 2 minutes lol.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Currently testing out the full Vigilant Warlord set bonus w/the 4th Boon from Feywild. Seeing if the trade of 1600 HPs from Titan 2x set is worth the Blanket 5% Damage Resistance I have up almost constantly in combat. :)
    va8Ru.gif