test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any good non-stealth builds ?

banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den
want to try out TR but the stealth builds seem cowardly to me, are there some good builds(not opinions about tr and stealth) that dont rely on being invisible 99.5% of the time.

smth that works both in pvp and pve, though i have my GF for pvp

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Variations of the Executioner build are excellent..I run an Exec build and love it
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I previously ran an executioner build, but changed to scoundrel for a test and it seems pretty good.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I run a mostly executioner build with my TR.
    It's worked very well for me in both PvE and PvP.
    If you want more details you can message me.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • bbknightbbknight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the exception of banelorne's stealth-based build and x3lade INT-Rogue perma-stealth, all other builds presented here use stealth mostly to get in or out of combat without being noticed.
    Anyway, regardless of the frequency of use of stealth, the use of it can not be considered a coward in any way, simply because the stealth is the Rogue's class mechanics.
    Keep that in mind when playing your rogue, using stealth is not cowardice, not even a GF raise the shield or GWF activate unstoppable!
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    stats probably dex >> str>con=cha

and looks like exe is the best

i rise shield to hit somebody with it as gf :D

and perma stealth builds are cowardly

• mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The build i run is pretty close to this, changed a few things around but it was based on it
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?230252-Metzli-s-Dungeon-DPS-Guide

I do pretty good in both PVE and PVP:)
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, you break my heart! Okay, if you don't like stealth, then I highly recommend you find Click's mini-guide about his build. I knew I should have bookmarked that thread since most TR's don't publish their builds anymore in the forum. It would be really great if people started writing guides again to further develop the knowledge of the community.

Anyway, it's one of the best PVP executioner builds I've seen in the forum. Definitely a good way to build your character. But do take note, all executioner-based builds tend to succeed pretty well due to how solid the Executioner Path is to the point that you don't need a guide to build an executioner because it's pretty straight forward.

If you want information about hard caps and the likes, you should check out Luna and Metzli's builds. Otherwise, it's quite easy to learn how TR's work. Sitting down, reading the Wiki about the class and eventually playing it is much better experience than building your Rogue based entirely on what's written on the guide.
  • krozby3krozby3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    want to try out TR but the stealth builds seem cowardly to me, are there some good builds(not opinions about tr and stealth) that dont rely on being invisible 99.5% of the time.

There are hybrid builds out there. Combining Executoner-Stealth Base. And one thing, stealth is not for cowardly purposes, it's the rogue's bread and butter. Are you implying to fight like expose most of the time, then I guess you have to roll to GWF.
    edited September 2013
    i have GWF and GF, and please do explain whats manly about sitting in permanent invisibility and throwing daggers at your back ?

what i want as an end result is smth in between fighter and rogue, and since they havent yet made a class thats there, i want to check with what class i can get closest to what i want. i want to combine action packed gameplay with a character that can stand his ground, not run away crying like a little [u know what] whenever his precious stealth gets broken

• desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    sounds like a GWF for me
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have GWF and GF, and please do explain whats manly about sitting in permanent invisibility and throwing daggers at your back ?

Class feature...Thats all that can be said about that. I play a TR as main and I think the Perma-build is stupid also, but..its there, no point in complaining about it, learn to deal with it.

Same thing can be said for the GF's ridiculous 5second prone abilities and 100% lock rotation. Manly? I think not. But, its there, and I'm not posting any threads about nerfing the GF because I've learned how to counter it.

The game is balanced just fine right now in my opinion. I wish however they would introduce Diminishing Returns in PvP.

May god help you when us TR's get our prone dagger encounter. I can already see the forums flooding with tears of emo babies crying TR's are way OP =P
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013

To answer your question, there's nothing manly about it. But then again it's a game. I'd like to think it's manly to sit in front of the monitor and faceroll everything like a true Spartan warrior, but in the end we're still pressing keys on the keyboard in order to get those manly kills. Not the manliest thing one can expect to see so let's not sweat the small stuff like machismo.

As a Trickster Rogue, it's either you'll think stealth is silly, or one-shotting people is silly. But of course how people wish to play should be none of my concern. Everyone has their own preferences and it's what makes MMO's beautiful and diverse. :)
  • greywholf64greywholf64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Being manly or not doesn't apply in battle, it's all about winning and that's what rogues are. Go read what "rogue" means in a dictionary. In fact i'll get one for you :cool:

rogue
    -An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
  • kcrampkcramp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thread is stupid.
    How old are you?

"omg rogue isn't manly enough" ...smh

I just re-read the thread again, you're an idiot.
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if you are doing PVE then Executioner
    some went to scoundrel for PVE since last patch nerf to executioner --> did not try that

if you want PVP scoudrel and sabouteur are good for PVP 1st is for powering up your encounters while second tree is for being stealthed 99%

some claim stealth build with some tweaks on it is good for pve since last patch but i totally disagree for executioner is just too good with crit severity bonus and extra crit

so follow luna's tr build which is good but when you get your end gear you need to check your crit chances and calculate its diminishing returns for you may need to tweak your stats
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any good non guard GF builds? Non divinity DC builds?
    Stealth is primary class mechanic of TR. Use it. If you oppose stealth, why on earth play the only class that has stealth mechanic?

PS - Rogue is supposed to be a cowardly backstabber. :cool:

Just my 2 cents.
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, you break my heart! Okay, if you don't like stealth, then I highly recommend you find Click's mini-guide about his build. I knew I should have bookmarked that thread since most TR's don't publish their builds anymore in the forum. It would be really great if people started writing guides again to further develop the knowledge of the community.

I had it bookmarked on my laptop xD http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?402321-Call-for-aid-questions-on-TR-PvP&p=5091531&viewfull=1#post5091531
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

what i want as an end result is smth in between fighter and rogue, and since they havent yet made a class thats there, i want to check with what class i can get closest to what i want. i want to combine action packed gameplay with a character that can stand his ground, not run away crying like a little [u know what] whenever his precious stealth gets broken

Choice 1:

Go play a CW because they are as squishy as TRs and do not have stealth. But then you will be doing range attacks that several players do consider less manly than fighting close with a sword or a dagger.

Choice 2:

Create a hybrid build that will be viable and the TR will survive if stealth is broken. I modified Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner TR Build and made a crit TR more viable by adding stealth. You can basically make a build that ignores stealth completely that focuses on only dps. My original build focused only on dps and was not viable after the nerfs.

Note: This is an observation and not an attack. Someone could ask what is manly about hiding behind a shield like a GF since you wanted to say that question about stealth. Stealth is a core class feature of the TRs just like the Shield/Block is a core feature of GFs. You do not have to play a TR if you do not like stealth and you do not have to insult players who play the class. The only class that could be considered manly is the GWF but it has armor......*shrug*
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    mikabella2 wrote: »

Ty just what i wanted.

xunxan wrote: »
    Any good non guard GF builds? Non divinity DC builds?
    Stealth is primary class mechanic of TR. Use it. If you oppose stealth, why on earth play the only class that has stealth mechanic?
    PS - Rogue is supposed to be a cowardly backstabber. :cool:
    Just my 2 cents.

dont compare Tab and Shift abilities. GF doesnt have any Tab ability(at least in pvp) so GF already is playing like stealthless rogue, gwf without unstoppable etc. i dont want to play dodgeless or stealthless, stealth is ok as a gap closer/escape, but IF stealth is the only thing that allows you to do anything then its cheese and coward build or you just are a ****(why do they censor word n 0 0 b ?) that cant play the class

• xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...you just are a ****(why do they censor word n 0 0 b ?) that cant play the class
    hahahaha.
    Of course.
    Have a nice day.
  • malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited September 2013
    have GWF and GF, and please do explain whats manly about sitting in permanent invisibility and throwing daggers at your back ?

sounds like you want an I Win button,
    Rogues have less armor than the other melee classes and even the DC and still we are melee Stealth is the only option in PvP since Players have a choice about targets, or maybe you would prefer that a GF be able to taunt you off a rogue so we can stand behind you and not get hit like in PVE ? toe to toe against a better armored player we lose 9 out of 10, I am an Exec based PvE build and I do PvP in Gauntylgrym and occasionally in arenas just out of boredom im easy to kill unless I get surprise on you for PvP I would say Permastealth is the only way to go, your answer to stealth is AoE. the fact is that different classes have different strengths. if you want the strengths of 2 classes and to negate the weaknesses, IE Rogue damage and GF or GWF survivablility you clearly either lack in skill or just want easy mode.
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Make a female rogue, then you don't have to be manly! :cool: