test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About BoP and gear progression...

slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've run into some fresh level 60s lately and it seems the idea that you should be able to get all of your end game gear in a day is an actually a thing.

BiS gear, even before BoP, was still too expensive for a fresh 60. Running DDs has been the best route the whole time and now it's 3 times more likely that you'll get the item you're going for. I've always earned all of my T2 gear sets via DD chests. I picked up some dirt cheap purples at 60 then started running epic dungeons. Built a friends list of people who communicated and were competent. It really wasn't that difficult at all.

I think far too many people either refuse to build a decent friends list/join a guild and expect to get their end game gear way too quickly. It's not supposed to be quick and easy. It never was supposed to be easy. (It was starting to get too easy with the over saturation of the AH with T2 gear, though)
Post edited by slayorian on

Comments

• Options
    captkickasscaptkickass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i've run with many new level 60s lately, and i think most of the BoP whining isn't coming from fresh 60s. its coming from the better geared players that profited from selling BoE to the undergeared newcomers.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i've run with many new level 60s lately, and i think most of the BoP whining isn't coming from fresh 60s. its coming from the better geared players that profited from selling BoE to the undergeared newcomers.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

When there is no incentive for geared players to run dungeons, they don't queue.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Point to Captkickass.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Because there is nothing inflammatory or violating in the OP, I'm letting this thread stand. However, do be more mindful of your thread titles. I've edited the thread title accordingly.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since they probably won't reverse the BOP thing due to the reason it is there is to make maxxing out the gear more difficult than a quick stop at your local AH. and to avoid needing to make t3 gear. and of course no one likes to see unidentified greens and blues as your t2 drops.

my idea was maybe they could drop special crafting recipes. in t2 dungeons for things like fashion items or small bags. this way the grinders have something sellable from t2 queues and the game gets more crafting and fashion. this will sell more profession and chance boxes and it fuels the zen/ad balance. and since its fashion and crafting its not altering the game difficulty balance. its a win win win.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483891-Idea-Craftable-Fashion-Objects
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »

I think far too many people either refuse to build a decent friends list/join a guild and expect to get their end game gear way too quickly. It's not supposed to be quick and easy. It never was supposed to be easy. (It was starting to get too easy with the over saturation of the AH with T2 gear, though)
    Who says it has to be hard just because it hard in other games doesn't mean it should be in this game.

I say let the epic rain tell eye deep in epic/purple gear.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Considering that most of the items that came from the chest before BoP weren't worth much more than 10k(if even that), I've actually been making more AD now from DD than before. Especially off of the boss drops that aren't bound... now that unbound T2s are actually rare.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here's a tip for any fresh 60: join a guild that can do GG, in time you might get T1 set (either from glory or from fardelver crypt) the in no time you gonna get T2 set from GG coins and BAM! You can do some T2 dungeons easily after inserting rank 6 enchants.
    Don't bother with T1 dungeons, it's a waste of time
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    Don't bother with T1 dungeons, it's a waste of time

Yes, especially since there is a 50% chance of t1 gear from t2 DD chest.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It's never been particularly hard to get t2 imo. What's hard to get is enchantments, and DD farm was the only way to be able to afford the ridiculous prices (still incredible time slow) for them. (up to 8-10m for perfect ones lmao, good luck) Not to mention plague fire and tenbs are solely and exclusively sold for real money lol.
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    It's never been particularly hard to get t2 imo. What's hard to get is enchantments, and DD farm was the only way to be able to afford the ridiculous prices (still incredible time slow) for them. (up to 8-10m for perfect ones lmao, good luck) Not to mention plague fire and tenbs are solely and exclusively sold for real money lol.

Yeah. For 17 enchant slots to fill that roughly 150mil. At 24k refine limit that will take around 16.5 years to complete. Let's hear it for BoP and slowing down progression.