test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy: Rank 20 Experimentation

yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Can someone explain to me why there is a rank 20 experimentation? Will it result in knowledge for crafting specific stuff as well and if so, how many might it drop? For other experimentations you at least knew how many knowledges it should give back in the end.
Post edited by yokihiro on

Comments

• dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Once you got all recipes the experimentation task disappears. It was two or three iirc.
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    According to the Wiki,
    The Rank 20 Experimentation task does not grant [Basic Alchemical Knowledge] and disappears from your list as soon as you have acquired recipes to do the 3 potions available at lvl 20.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why there is a rank 20 experimentation? Will it result in knowledge for crafting specific stuff as well and if so, how many might it drop? For other experimentations you at least knew how many knowledges it should give back in the end.

It unlocks some useful higher level recipes. I was curious of this myself and asked around in game.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • pjdvpjdv Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited September 2013
    really? Can anyone actually confirm this? Can anyone actually 'name' a new potion this creates? Outside of power/protection and distilled healing, what other recipes exist? I've made a bunch and it is till in my list and I didn't get a new recipe. Anyone know the 'drop' rate for the recipe?
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can confirm this 100%. I have rank 20 Alchemy and I have 3 rank 20 recipes and do NOT have experimentation available.

My Recipes for rank 20:
    Major Flask of Potency: 3 Emerald Vitriol, 6 Red Vitriol, 2 Residuum, 2 Aqua Regia. The flask grants 225 Crit, 225 Rec, 225 Pow, 7.5% Crit Sev for half an hour. This thing is awesome.

Major Flask of Protection: 6 Emerald Vitriol, 3 Red Vitriol, 2 Residuum, 2 Aqua Regia. This flask grants 225 defense, 225 deflect, 1000 max HP, all for half an hour. Haven't actually used any of these yet.

Major Unstable Potion: 4 Emerald Vitriol, 4 Red Vitriol, 2 Aqua Regia. This is the same one you get from experimentaion, just cheaper to make.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can confirm this 100%. I have rank 20 Alchemy and I have 3 rank 20 recipes and do NOT have experimentation available.

My Recipes for rank 20:
    Major Flask of Potency: 3 Emerald Vitriol, 6 Red Vitriol, 2 Residuum, 2 Aqua Regia. The flask grants 225 Crit, 225 Rec, 225 Pow, 7.5% Crit Sec for half an hour. This thing is awesome.

Major Flask of Protection: 6 Emerald Vitriol, 3 Red Vitriol, 2 Residuum, 2 Aqua Regia. This flask grants 225 defense, 225 deflect, 1000 max HP, all for half an hour. Haven't actually used any of these yet.

Major Unstable Potion: 4 Emerald Vitriol, 4 Red Vitriol, 2 Aqua Regia. This is the same one you get from experimentaion, just cheaper to make.

I am currently mass producing 400 Aqua Regia potions to use for making these new potions..... Yeah, 400 = 800 Aqua Vitae.

Maybe a hundred flask of protection with a hundred flask of potency or a hundred flask of potency with a hundred distilled major health potions or a hundred flask of protection with a hundred distilled major health potions or 50 of each.

Continue to perform experimentation to unlock them.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    ah sorry. yes, that confirms what I actually have already. But the major unstable potion is still there so there doesn't seem to be any reason to continue producing with 'hopes' that it will produce a random recipe as well....

These potions are very good but don't survive death so using alts to get elixirs that last through death produce a better benefit (better stats and last longer) but of course you need to pray a lot with alts!
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ok thanks for the clarification guys.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I believe the unstable potion is something you can make just for fun, so that you can get the vanity effects from them. Some people had wondered if you could make them (or drink them) and learn new recipes because of the description on the official Alchemy announcement:
    73fc5bbc4225e3c23517c5db02c76d6d1371526179.jpg
    Major Unstable Potion
    What effects will it have on your character? It could grant you powerful buffs such as Sunlord's Gift Elixir (bonus recovery), Mending Wounds (to heal your wounds), rare recipes for more types of potions, or negative effects such as Unstable Transformation and more!

See the part about rare recipes? As far as I know, no one has confirmed that this actually happens. I have only made a few and one of the did damage to me and the other made me larger. I might make some of these and try to document the effects. The only things I leaned at Level 20 that were special were the two flasks and the distilled healing potion from the L20 Experimentation.

It would be really nice to have a way to learn the "rare" recipes. Alchemy is almost useless, and not being able to make them on-demand makes it even more useless. :\
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I believe the unstable potion is something you can make just for fun, so that you can get the vanity effects from them. Some people had wondered if you could make them (or drink them) and learn new recipes because of the description on the official Alchemy announcement.

The text means in case of the experimentation tasks you might receive the knowledges. It is not the potion that gives you this effect. But since the knowledges are not shown as a final result for experimentation tasks the potion itself states to grant you this option.
    edited September 2013
    Giant
    Mini
    poison
    health
    I'm pretty sure I remember a random transformation as well

Drank about 100 of these but many didn't seem to do 'anything' noticeable
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pjdv wrote: »
    Giant
    Mini
    poison
    health
    I'm pretty sure I remember a random transformation as well

Drank about 100 of these but many didn't seem to do 'anything' noticeable
    Are you looking at your stats? While they may seem as though they do "nothing", meaning you see no icon next to your toon, it is possible that stat changes occur.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
    edited September 2013
    i agree....unfortunately it does't nicely show GREEN/RED stat changes like some games do to show benefit/adverse affects and no 'icon' showing on the toon either