test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP needs gear score balance

toobuku4utoobuku4u Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm in Domination PvP matches where some people have 8k gear score and others are over 12k. It's not fair and it's not fun. There should be a queue system that matches players based on gear score.

Please.
Post edited by toobuku4u on

Comments

• Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The needed balance for pvp will never happens because it would slow the cash flow is to make enchants and gems void during matches. The gearscore between t1 and t2 isnt enough to beat actual skill. Greens wouldnt get torn up as bad when fresh 60s plat either.
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try to make a party with friend and use teamspeak (or whatever you want)
    even if your GS is a bit low, you'll fight better with the premade party, at least you can do a fun pvp session.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    toobuku4u wrote: »
    I'm in Domination PvP matches where some people have 8k gear score and others are over 12k. It's not fair and it's not fun. There should be a queue system that matches players based on gear score.

Please.

I bet it not gonna happened.

Instead, the queue system should in turn make the overall balance of both team in GS (total GS in comparison). The better ones would be mixed with the lower ones so that it is not a one-sided game.. The better ones could help the lower ones while the lower ones enjoy the challenge presented.

As for pre-made, the queue system must be intelligent enough to gather the pug/premade with the total GS in comparison. At the very least, the pug would still stand a better chance and make the match more exciting and challenging for both side.
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OP definitely a new player in MMO style, or forget of what PvP is. PvP means player versus player to determine who is the strongest. And GS is one of the indication that one player is stronger than others. If you want to PvP based on GS, then PvP will lose it values.

If you want to win, make your character stronger, play more, geared up and beat them all. That's a PvP player should do, not whining like this. Back to PvE whiners.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    what will gs help anyway when the main problem is not the gs but the inbalance of the classes itself:

- rogues that hit you without unstealthing
    - hits that one-shot you
    - gwfs that are basically all the time immune to cc and heal up
    - gfs that permanently kick you around
    - no cc immunities on a regular basis (you can be cc'ed until you die)
    - healers that can't keep themselves alive
    - horses (and their speed bonus) in pvp (paid horses = speed bonus)
    - no tweaked down attributes/effects/abilities (abilities that are designed to kill bosses with millions of hitpoints 1:1 in pvp environment where ppl have 25k hitpoints)
    - easy spawncamping
    - no underdog bonus (for leavers)

you could name a dozen of those things before even consindering the gear score! the pvp overall is weak and badly designed. just play pvp with lvl 20s toons. the gs there is not really the major painpoint, yet you will see the very same problems concerning the classes - not as strong as with 60, but yet you see it.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OP definitely a new player in MMO style, or forget of what PvP is. PvP means player versus player to determine who is the strongest. And GS is one of the indication that one player is stronger than others. If you want to PvP based on GS, then PvP will lose it values.

If you want to win, make your character stronger, play more, geared up and beat them all. That's a PvP player should do, not whining like this. Back to PvE whiners.

I thought pvp was about skill , not about how much zen you can buy.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PvP isnt fair...............Get over it, gear yourself and get better.

When all else fails.......
    > No one is forcing you to PvP.
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    take a look at games like gw2: every player in pvp has access to every single best piece of equipment the very moment they step into the pvp area. you know what? it gets old very very fast.

"unbalanced" pvp is just more fun to some. if you want perfect balance pvp look for another game.
    (ps: no i don't run around with full tene, my own gear is average-ish end gear)
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    take a look at games like gw2: every player in pvp has access to every single best piece of equipment the very moment they step into the pvp area. you know what? it gets old very very fast.

"unbalanced" pvp is just more fun to some. if you want perfect balance pvp look for another game.
    (ps: no i don't run around with full tene, my own gear is average-ish end gear)

Well said.

@yokihiro: difference in gear is what makes all of that happen. Of course a BiS TR can 1 shot an 8k GS fresh 60, as he should. I enjoy the PvP aspect more than anything else in this game, I have all classes at 60 and all are PvP specced.

Yes it is very annoying when I do a pug match match and my entire team is <9k GS and the enemy seems to be fully geared. Some GS matching would be a welcome change, even if it just balances total GS of both teams. ie we have a 9k and a 10k, so if they have a 12k, they also have to have a 7k.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It is fun when u are in the 12 gs team, thank god they don't punish leaver in this game, i quit all the time. I feel fine with it, I am forced to do so, there is no point to play if ur team are low gs and simply unskilled and unexp in PVP at all. Waste of time.
    As a semi-exp pvp player i can tell when my team are just simply bad and i just leave since there is no point to stay, i am not max gear or something even if i stay would not change anything.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It is fun when u are in the 12 gs team, thank god they don't punish leaver in this game, i quit all the time. I feel fine with it, I am forced to do so, there is no point to play if ur team are low gs and simply unskilled and unexp in PVP at all. Waste of time.
    As a semi-exp pvp player i can tell when my team are just simply bad and i just leave since there is no point to stay, i am not max gear or something even if i stay would not change anything.

Yeah I can't wait until they put in leaving penalties (hopefully very harsh ones) for people like you that ruin games. The game I was talking about I pulled my team to victory on my Sent GWF by forcing enemy team (pugs have no common sense...) to send 3-4 to their point to kill me constantly. Enemy team won by like 30+ kills, but we won the game 1000-600
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What it need isn't GS balancing, that would just make people go Tene and HP (lowest possible GS with maximum effect) and run around with perfect enchantments with 7k GS.

What it needs is skill balancing, give everyone a hidden skill rating stat, if you loose it'll go down, if you win it'll go up and if you quit it'll go down a small bit (to prevent people from leaving losing games to keep their rating up). Tho, for this to work well, it would require a punishment, more than just dropping in rating, for leaving/disconnecting. One solution would be giving quitting people a debuff that would stop people form queuing for a period of time, 1 stack => 1 minute, 2 stacks => 3 minutes, 3 stacks => 5 minutes and so on, and the debuff stacks would be gone after 24 hours. And yes, I mean it as if you have one (1) stack, and finishes a PvP game, as you are supposed to, you would still need to wait one minute before you can queue again.

An addition, to make disconnecting less horrible on people would be that they are kept in the party the entire game (as far as I've seen people can't join a game in progress anyway..). This would let you redeem yourself after an unlucky disconnect, of course you should be instakilled if you disconnect to prevent disconnected players from keeping points and such.

^ That's just my two cents on the PvP in this game.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    toobuku4utoobuku4u Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Well, that's just crazy. In this specific game (by the way, playing MMOs since UO in 1998), if you have a low gear score and the opponent has a high gear score, say 9k vs 12k, the 9k player dies in roughly 3 seconds; every single time he enters a fight. Furthermore, this 9k player, who is never able to kill anyone or stay on a flag long enough to turn it, gains 150 honor while the 12k player gets 1,300 honor. The rich get richer and the poor can't catch up. With this setup, PvP will soon die because new players won't want to play 25-30 matches to get one piece of gear. In fact, I'm at 10,400 GS and I'm iffy on whether I'll ever PvP in this game again.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    toobuku4u wrote: »
    Well, that's just crazy. In this specific game (by the way, playing MMOs since UO in 1998), if you have a low gear score and the opponent has a high gear score, say 9k vs 12k, the 9k player dies in roughly 3 seconds; every single time he enters a fight. Furthermore, this 9k player, who is never able to kill anyone or stay on a flag long enough to turn it, gains 150 honor while the 12k player gets 1,300 honor. The rich get richer and the poor can't catch up. With this setup, PvP will soon die because new players won't want to play 25-30 matches to get one piece of gear. In fact, I'm at 10,400 GS and I'm iffy on whether I'll ever PvP in this game again.

That is simply not true. While I have multiple 12k+ characters I have switched to T1 sets with no enchants multiple times for testing (~10k GS at the most, usually 9-9.5k) and still done quite well at PvP. The trick to PvP is learning your class, its strengths and weaknesses, and learning the same about your opponents class. Once I had a lot of experience in PvP I was able to do well no matter how good of gear I or my opponents had, it is a matter of practice.

Not to mention if you are farming glory just for the sake of AD you're doing it wrong, you could make AD so much faster other ways.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »

You beast! That being said, this idea wouldn't work anyway until they fix armor swapping. Get better gear, learn to play better, or suffer.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PVP needs for pre-made groups to stay out of random pug queues more than it needs gear score balancing. I don't want to have to take the time to find a group for a quick random match, I want to be able to log on hit the queue button and be playing in a competitive match in less than 2 minutes without speaking to anyone. Is that really too much to ask from a video game?
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »

^ this
    /10char.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There will always be people who find a way to have an advantage.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    bbknightbbknight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    GS influencing PvP queue? Nice, rogues will pwn even more!
    10~11k GS Rogues can beat the sh*t out of those 14k GS unskilled players!

Why? I tell u why... GS DOESN'T MEAN NOTHING! A good build, played the right way, will not rely on GS.
    Just because the iten gives you more GS, that doesn't mean it's BiS!

Edit: I don't know all classes, but i can say that my Destroyer GWF reaches 15k GS easy... while my TR has only 11,7k GS with a lot more planing and investment.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    There will always be people who find a way to have an advantage.

How is it an advantage? We, in our guild, have people we like to play with, some outside of guild. Go find your own buddies. If you face a challenging team, put up as much of a fight as you can, it's a learning experience. When I first reached 60 PvP was tough at times, but I slowly saved my AD to get where those guys were. Stop complaining.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How is it an advantage? We, in our guild, have people we like to play with, some outside of guild. Go find your own buddies. If you face a challenging team, put up as much of a fight as you can, it's a learning experience. When I first reached 60 PvP was tough at times, but I slowly saved my AD to get where those guys were. Stop complaining.

I personally do not see it as an advantage. I PvP with my guild all the time.
    The general feelings by those who dislike premades, those people being the audience of my post, feel that way.
    You take one sentence and automatically assume things. Don't treat everyone you see like someone who just turned level 60 and has no idea how PvP works.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression