test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are PUG queues dead?

ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've noticed that since they instituted LFG channel and killed the desire to do T2s that the queue system has seemed to get worse. T2s forget it. but even MC and CN I keep getting these groups of two other players that quit and leave me stuck in the instance for a half hour unable to requeue.
I personally am not a fan of the LFG chat, it has never gotten me a group and I tend to stay away from it. It seems they took the worst of all queing systems and implented just those aspects.
Post edited by ott0maddux on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, the queues for everything other than MC and CN are nearly dead with the possible exception of shard farming from PK and salvage farming CT.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem is not the LFG channel....
    the problem is queueing for a dungeon that is suposed to be END-GAME and getting only blue items..every single run.... how many runs like that can you make before being pissed and lose interest?
    the queue system also doesnt help, the instances are long and if you lose a player you cant get a replacement and just wasted an hour of your life.... that makes people queue less and less..
    the loots from DD being BoP also doesnt help the queues..
    even the pvp queues are getting longer and longer because most people are tired of ragequitters that leave a match 2 minutes in with a difference of only 20 or 30 points, making the rest of their team fighting 2 or 3 vs 5 every single match, so they just dont queue anymore...
  • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    All the queues have gotten worse. Its multiple variables to that, recent changes to dungeon loot and people leaving for various reasons making the population lower.
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    But I'm pretty sure queue mechanics have actually got worse as well.
    edited September 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    even the pvp queues are getting longer and longer because most people are tired of ragequitters that leave a match 2 minutes in with a difference of only 20 or 30 points, making the rest of their team fighting 2 or 3 vs 5 every single match, so they just dont queue anymore...

It's not only ragequitters. I quit PvP all the time. I'm only there for the daily because I get absolutely no enjoyment out of PvP. So if I see a premade or people that seem to be speced for pvp I'm out in a heartbeat. Just my personal feeling that if you are going to put so much effort into beating on underspeced people in such a crappy aspect of the game, you deserve to have my entire team quit.
    edited September 2013
    If Pvp was more fun that would be different. Fix it I won't quit.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    It's not only ragequitters. I quit PvP all the time. I'm only there for the daily because I get absolutely no enjoyment out of PvP. So if I see a premade or people that seem to be speced for pvp I'm out in a heartbeat. Just my personal feeling that if you are going to put so much effort into beating on underspeced people in such a crappy aspect of the game, you deserve to have my entire team quit.

which is why the penalty for leaving a match should be your daily CD is reset to 24 hours from that point and you get no more glory while it's on CD either. Can't wait until they implement something like that...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    which is why the penalty for leaving a match should be your daily CD is reset to 24 hours from that point and you get no more glory while it's on CD either. Can't wait until they implement something like that...

Yep i cant wait for that too, but its probably too late now, the damage is done.
    edited September 2013
    Yeah don't care about glory. Do you work for Cryptic? Same mentality, Let's implement a punishment instead of fixing the problem. I've been involved in a number of threads discussing how to make pvp fun. some ideas were complicated , some simple like making a hardcore match vs a casual queue. But no here you come with let's punish someone trying to just have fun.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yeah don't care about glory. Do you work for Cryptic? Same mentality, Let's implement a punishment instead of fixing the problem. I've been involved in a number of threads discussing how to make pvp fun. some ideas were complicated , some simple like making a hardcore match vs a casual queue. But no here you come with let's punish someone trying to just have fun.

Lol I know this comes as a shock to you but those other 9 people that are still in the PvP match you just left are actually enjoying themselves, they like to PvP which is why they Q'd for it in the first place, and you just screwed their match. You acting like a child and giving up the moment you see a shred of difficulty means that 9 other people wasted 15 minutes. So you would be getting "punished" for wasting 135 minutes of other peoples times.

Not to mention why the hell should you get AD and glory for PvP if you leave a match?? Lol hell no, you should get nothing for 24 hours as soon you leave a match. If you legit DC they let you reconnect now, so that isn't a problem either.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited September 2013
    Nope got an 11.2 gs it is very rare that i'm not way above everyone in dps in t2s. I know it's different encounters, but just giving a feel for sit., and there have been CW's whose bar i couldn't get to move. I most often quit when i'm alone on home point the other two points close to enemy and three or more enemy come to tear me up before i can close my point. It happens a lot more than you realize. If they destroy me and my team that quick i'm usually done.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PvP queue seems to be pointless when 4 times in a row you end up against people in full T2 gear and enchantments that make my toons fly around taking damage and hit them with dmg equal to fresh breeze.
    I tried to get full set of Archmage to test it but I couldn't do it in about a week because rarely anyone is doing T1 dungeons (lfg channel doesn't help as everyone is looking only for peeps for CN/MC and only 12k+ GS).
    I don't know why people are not doing T1, maybe its because many people left the game (and only guys with T2 are left) or no one is bothering doing dungeons and gather AD only to buy their gear off the AH.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How many times are you going to open such threads? We told you already that it was because there were not enough clerics and tanks. Nothing changed, more or less people queueing won't change anything, as long as there aren't enough tanks and clerics. :rolleyes:

I still have instant queue offers with two of my characters. Don't play a dps if you want that too.
    edited September 2013
    Back to my original PvP point. Fix the problem not the blame. The problem is not people quitting, it is people being mismatched. If you love PvP great for you, gear for it guild for it, whatever go to town. you should have your own little PvP castle. I don't want to gear for it I enjoy the other aspects of the game more, the more complex aspects, cerebral aspects. I shouldn't be inflicted on you, you shouldn't be inflicted on me, give me my PvP space. Problem solved.
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    How many times are you going to open such threads? We told you already that it was because there were not enough clerics and tanks. Nothing changed, more or less people queueing won't change anything, as long as there aren't enough tanks and clerics. :rolleyes:

First this is the first thread like this I opened, Second I was actually trying to point out how when I queue I now get thrown in with 3 out of five players and end up stuck in an instance. Like CN second campfire with no way out.
  • kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Back to my original PvP point. Fix the problem not the blame. The problem is not people quitting, it is people being mismatched. If you love PvP great for you, gear for it guild for it, whatever go to town. you should have your own little PvP castle. I don't want to gear for it I enjoy the other aspects of the game more, the more complex aspects, cerebral aspects. I shouldn't be inflicted on you, you shouldn't be inflicted on me, give me my PvP space. Problem solved.

If you do not want to spec/gear for it then no join it.
    Is like saying someone is pvp specced/geared and asks raids to be made more easy because he isnt pve specced or sth.

About premades....posted in another thread as well,make a Guild vs Guild event so ppl can pt que there and leave domination matches as solo que only...

not best solution and wont 100% balance but will get rid of premades at least^^.

On topic about CN is because of ppl farm first boss and leave empty dead dungeons ^^.
  • s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Forget about T1-Dungeons aswell. Just finished lvl 60 on my rogue and wanted to go for some gear the last couple of days. The queues are all dead (You're lucky if you find 1 T1-Dungeon in the hour they give you) and definitely forget about running multiple in that hour. The LFG-Channel for T1 is completely dead aswell. (As you'd expect)
    Too bad because how is someone supposed to get loot after the BoP-Change? The chance for a set-item to drop in the dungeons themselves is pretty bad, so going for it without DD is pointless. DD is pretty much the only way to gear up for T2-Dungeons. But how are you supposed to do that when you can't even get gear in the first place because Queues are dead even during DD-Times?

And forget about using blue gear. Can you guys imagine that they STILL haven't fixed the **** enchants on these things? Yeah, they still don't work on a lot of blue-gear, great stuff, a lot of fun.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Keep it civil and knock off the flaming or this gets locked.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I sit in Q's all day long without getting into groups. When I actually do get into a dungeon, it's often just 2-4 people who aren't grouped. The last three times I went through all the boring BS to do Fardelver, I didn't get in twice. The 3rd time it was 3 ungrouped people. We left, and I couldn't get back into the Q because I couldn't get out of the old one. The Return to Instance button wouldn't go away, no matter how many times I left GG or changed characters. I'm done with GG now. It's not worth the AD from the Dailies. Even the PvP is no fun.

As for PvP, I agree with a penalty for leaving. AD should not be awarded to quitters. If you don't like PvP, don't Q for it. I don't know how many times I've been the only person left in the group, but I still jump off the spawn point to meet my instant death. It's better than quitting.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As far as PvP goes I basically quit with all of my characters when they nerfed selling items for gold. Not to mention the glory nerf prior to that. Oh and also the making glory items BoP. Other than 4k AD there's absolutely no incentive for me personally to do PvP. Other people have their own reasons to participate and I'm sure there are those out there who like it without needing any 'incentive' other than because they enjoy it which is fine. I seldom even bother with the PvP daily anymore.

There's really no point for the non-PvPers to participate whereas before there was. That can only lead to longer queues when there are less people in the pool.

And as far as dungeons go I don't do those at all really due to me not being in a guild and not wanting to spend an hour getting to the final boss just to have 2 people leave after a wipe and not being able to get anyone new in there. Which leaves you dead in the water.

GG? lol that's a joke since I can't play as I am not in a guild. And not going to bother creating different accounts just to game the system. It's a stupid requirement.

To be honest I'm not even complaining about those things since it means less time spent in NW and more time doing actual enjoyable things in real life. With all the nerfs (and bugs) the game isn't all that fun for me and definitely not the game I decided to support by purchasing a founders pack.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    GG? lol that's a joke since I can't play as I am not in a guild. And not going to bother creating different accounts just to game the system. It's a stupid requirement.

Completely agree. It was so, so stupid to require guild membership for Gauntlgrym. MMORPG Guilds are more often than not a huge pain in the ***. There's no way I'd join one just to do Gauntlgrym.
  • thorny911thorny911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Completely agree. It was so, so stupid to require guild membership for Gauntlgrym. MMORPG Guilds are more often than not a huge pain in the ***. There's no way I'd join one just to do Gauntlgrym.

To even further your point being in a Guild adds nothing to GG. You can only queue in with 5 members. I mean I was really expecting 20v20 Guild vs Guild kinda thing. So its kinda dumb but can be fun occasionally, but why can't we do 20v20 more than just during GG?? They killed PvP but not making it really worth it and not giving any attention to it. Most of the people who do PvP do so for the 4k AD and thats it. I'm convinced only 40-100 people actually PvP on the Beholder server period.
  • zanoozerzanoozer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At least it has an LFG be thankfull. GW2 is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to find groups for dungeons.