test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to use the Foundry Since Beta

hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,550 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
As the title says.
I was accepted way back when , into the Foundry Alpha/Beta, yet I have never been able to create anything in the Foundry. Let me explain.

When I create a new empty map, or really any map, I am unable to place details on the map.
I create the empty map, and then add a room , like say Corridor 03 or the Barn, or whatever room.
that seems to work fine.
Then I try and add in ANY detail object (like a barrel) or any NPC , and the object or NPC jumps to some other place in the room aside from where I placed it.

I am an experienced Foundry Author in STO, and Yes, I have the Snap To grid, snap to Rotation turned off, so thats not what is happening. Where the objects/NPCs jump to seem to be somewhat random, though each room has like 4 spots things will end up.

I have put in multiple support tickets on this issue since alpha/beta and received no response from anyone at PW/Cryptic, so as a last outreach, I am posting here.

This issue has made it completely impossible to create anything in the Foundry as I cannot do even the most basic and needed step of creating a map.

All the rest of my game, works fine. I can play without any issue, cryptic missions or UGC.

I'd say this was really frustrating, but I have a weekly table top D&D group, so frankly if Cryptic and the team want to ignore my bug reports ... whatever, I have other avenues to play and create. I'd just really like to give creating in this Foundry a try.

EDITED TO ADD : Please forgive my total lack of Artistic ability and only having the most basic paint program. I made this to try and illustrate what I am saying.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/615/vfgp.png

Peace, Love and Late Summer Rainstorms,
John
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here's my one and only question...

When you drag an asset out of the library - drop it on the map - does it actually drop NEAR the asset bin? (The asset window)?

It's the only thing I can think of - which is this: an old bug (which I believe was addressed) had to do with dragging object out of a bin window onto the map and they dropped almost immediately (prematurely). This happened is dragging too fast.

The reason I mention this is for your own process of elimination - and I'm serious here: try using the Foundry with a *different mouse* and *different keyboard* - just in case these are affecting your experience in any way.

I'm not saying this is the case, but in bug-hunting it is always a process of elimination. (And I remember you posting in the SilverStar/MoonStar forums during beta). Basically, if you can definitively eliminate your mouse/keyboard as part of the problem, it's easier to insist it's all at Robobo's end. :)
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,550 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here's my one and only question...

When you drag an asset out of the library - drop it on the map - does it actually drop NEAR the asset bin? (The asset window)?

It's the only thing I can think of - which is this: an old bug (which I believe was addressed) had to do with dragging object out of a bin window onto the map and they dropped almost immediately (prematurely). This happened is dragging too fast.

The reason I mention this is for your own process of elimination - and I'm serious here: try using the Foundry with a *different mouse* and *different keyboard* - just in case these are affecting your experience in any way.

I'm not saying this is the case, but in bug-hunting it is always a process of elimination. (And I remember you posting in the SilverStar/MoonStar forums during beta). Basically, if you can definitively eliminate your mouse/keyboard as part of the problem, it's easier to insist it's all at Robobo's end. :)

Not dropping anywhere near the asset window. My cursor holds the asset until it is where I want it on the map. Just when I drop it , it jumps to a different (but usually close(ish) spot).

The mouse is brand new (last week) and the problem was the same with my old mouse, and with this new one. I'd say it's not a hardware issue. I'll try plugging another keyboard in, but I anticipate no change. I've considered reinstalling, but if the only way I could use this Foundry would mean I had to install Arc, sorry just no.

I'm really hoping that this can somehow be addressed, because honestly, I'm far more of a fantasy storyteller than a Sci Fi or Trek storyteller. Heck, I built a career around it. But in the end, I have a D&D group. I just think the Foundry here in NW would be fun, but it's honestly not a priority for me. I just realized after sending multiple tickets, that maybe a post here would get some traction, as none of my tickets have seen any response.

Peace, Long Life, and May All Your Adventures be Exciting,
    - John