test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Creation- Spellplague maybe more

kitzaakitzaa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I think it would be a really cool idea to maybe let the players have the option of getting like the spell plague or vampirism or becoming a were-something... Since the spell plague is alot more in this game. It would make the most sense to allow the players to contract, maybe certain benefits and certian disadvantages!
~The City Sleeps~
Post edited by kitzaa on

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, since it already features so heavily in the game, that would be nice.
  • kitzaakitzaa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I meen yeah there would be reprocussions and such but it would be nice.. maybe not given to you but you contract it and stuff like vampirism.. i dunno :) Would just be nice
    ~The City Sleeps~
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Tabletop Fourth Edition D&D lets you choose to have a Spellscar upon character creation in the Forgotten Realms. Spellscarred creatures may have additional powers, but they are feared and treated with contempt in most cities. As you know already, lord Neverember has ordered all Spellscarred to be moved to Helm's Hold for "treatment".
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I doubt knox would treat you nicely. You will mst likely have to grind your way up to lv 60 on foundries since you won't be trusted enough by anyone in NW to be given quests related to the main storyline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you're spellscarred. Your not even supposed to be in Neverwinter due to the protector's Law.
  • kitzaakitzaa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah.. Just thought it would be cool i meen look at Scar company though?
    ~The City Sleeps~
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That could be an interesting twist, to have your character join Scar Company and have a small base at the Chasm.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would be hard to pull off without making the narrative seem odd. I could see Spellplagued but only if you are only starting to show the most minimal outward symptoms. Anything more would basically make you a pariah to pretty much everyone.

For this same reason vampires will be all but out. I know of no good vampires in DnD, at all. Vampires are evil, period. This isn't White wolf or twilight. Vampires are all kinds of horrible and nasty in DnD. Being both evil and a monster would really make it hard for Knox to want to deal with. Assuming of course, you could even get to him without bursting into flames from the ever present sun sitting high over the enclave all the time.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    For this same reason vampires will be all but out. I know of no good vampires in DnD, at all. Vampires are evil, period. This isn't White wolf or twilight. Vampires are all kinds of horrible and nasty in DnD. Being both evil and a monster would really make it hard for Knox to want to deal with. Assuming of course, you could even get to him without bursting into flames from the ever present sun sitting high over the enclave all the time.

The closest thing I can think of to a "good" vampire in Forgotten Realms:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Jander_Sunstar
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't see spellscarred being allowed until/unless they update the game quests sometime in the future.

Quite a few of the main quests are based around the fact that the spellscarred are exiled from Neverwinter. They would make no sense at all if you were playing a spellscarred character.

Of course we have no idea where they are suppose to be sending them after Helm's hold was trashed. And Scar Company could be expanded. So its possible they could come up with some sort of alternate questline. But my point is that this kind of thing would take a lot more work (imo) than just adding some character features.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    It would be hard to pull off without making the narrative seem odd. I could see Spellplagued but only if you are only starting to show the most minimal outward symptoms. Anything more would basically make you a pariah to pretty much everyone.

Just a reminder that it's not impossible for an individual from a race marked as "Always Evil" to be good aligned (and vice versa), in the PnP game however, such a race would have a load of negative modifers when conversing with fellow good and neutral people at best, and ran out of every town they entered at worst.

They'd also show up on both a detect evil spell and a detect good spell.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, to be fair, when we are talking about being spellplagued or a vampire. We really are not talking race. They are more of an altered state or a condition. Its not all that far fetched to expect such altered states would also dramatically effect personality, mood, and alignment. As near as im aware there simply isnt such a thing as a good vampire in DnD.
    edited September 2013
    The Neverwinter Campaign Setting for Fourth Edition includes the "Spellscarred Harbinger" character theme, where the player gets to become spellscarred from start, gains spellplague powers and is encouraged to investigate the happenings involving spellscarred in the city, as well as the plots by the Abolethic Sovereignty and whether to ally with them, fight them, be a good guy or an all-around *******.

On top of it, lord Neverember is heavily criticized for having a spellscarred captain in charge of the Mintarn mercenaries defending the Wall: captain Durham Shaw.
  • pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You could get around the quests not making sense by having Spellscarred only become an option at lvl 60. Perhaps a quest line with the option to become spellscarred could open up new powers and cosmetic options. It could all be linked to the campaign system too.
  • ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *Heroes Of Shadow* is an indication that D&D 4e DOES allow good aliened adventurers can become as a Class a Vampire, Shadow, Lich, Lycanthrope , Revenant, Undead and the list goes on. Ask enough by the community and we may see this implemented maybe as a Paragon Path, Race trait or Campaign buff like the one we receive from unlocking the Fay wild content.