test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Terror enchant

kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Library
Found on test server new enchant. Lesser version gives 6% weap. damage as necrotic and lowers target's defense by 5%. Probably on perfect version it will be -20% defense. What do you think about this enchant? Would it be next BiS enchant on CW (better than Vorpal)?
Post edited by kerrovitarra on

Comments

• Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If it stacks with plaguefire then it will be great.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Aslong it's not mitigation Vorpal will win hands down
  • Options
    cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    3CW team, 2 pure control/debuffers one with Spellplage the other with Terror, then the other CW being pure DPS using sing when needed with a vorpal enchant, other two slots filled with a DC and that's all adds controlled and killed without worry, then a TR on the boss and everything is going to be a breeze ^.^
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Terror reduces defense and Plaguefire reduces mitigation so someone would need to mathcraft it against targets of various defense values.

ATM I'm assuming that it's sort of a wash between Terror and Plaguefire where Plaguefire might be better for procs since it is a DoT... I'm not 100% on it.

At higher levels the Terror enchantment is probably better. 20% defense off of a high defense target will be a huge amount.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought they had fixed Plague fire reducing mitigation and it only reduced defense now?
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    plague is defense

its +12% weap damage -20% defense at perfect

still think the 45% from plague is better and cheaper. the only enchant from feywild that interests me is the barkskin one. would be like having shield (since we dont really use it anymore)

I have no idea how the calculations work, -45% first then -20% of the remaining? is high vizier calculated afterwards? (im assuming/hoping so)

any idea how student of the sword works with plaguefire? (gwf feat). maybe that will give us more insight. but i think 20% defense might not be worthwhile, unless we knew the actual defense values of each boss.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    vaashievaashie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Plague fire is not 45% at full stacks anymore for few months (GPF that is).

The actual damage increase is 1% per stack per rank of Plague Fire. I've tested it both on dummies (which have no defense) and on lvl 60 mobs on live before last patch hit. GPF was capping at 9% dmg increase on full stacks.

NOW after patch the plague fire is even bugged, and you get NO dmg increase after first stack, so it's only 3% with GPF for example. 1-3 stacks, you always get only 3% damage increase.

Check this thread for more thorough info: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?453161-Plague-Fire-mitigation-debuff
  • Options
    curmuringcurmuring Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vaashie wrote: »
    Plague fire is not 45% at full stacks anymore for few months (GPF that is).

The actual damage increase is 1% per stack per rank of Plague Fire. I've tested it both on dummies (which have no defense) and on lvl 60 mobs on live before last patch hit. GPF was capping at 9% dmg increase on full stacks.

NOW after patch the plague fire is even bugged, and you get NO dmg increase after first stack, so it's only 3% with GPF for example. 1-3 stacks, you always get only 3% damage increase.

Check this thread for more thorough info: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?453161-Plague-Fire-mitigation-debuff

If you read the thread, someone from the QA team says "Hey, wanted to touch on some confusion. This enchantment directly reduces Defense, not Mitigation. On critters this is roughly 3% from Greater Plague Fire. The 45% Defense debuff will account for about 9% of their defense. As far as stacking, we have identified why they no longer stack properly and are working on a fix right now, but I don't have an ETA for that. Thanks!"

So because of the pronounced diminishing returns on defense, 45% defense reduction reduces mitigation by abou 9%.

Now to the reason I'm here: I am curious about the Terror Enchantment because someone told me that Necrotic Damage is not affected by damage mitigation. Let's ignore the fact that GPF is bugged right now. A 20% defense reduction isn't as good as up to 45% defense reduction. But as the above comments show, the difference between 20% defense reduction and 45% defense reduction doesn't translate into much mitigation. But if the Necrotic damage goes unmitigated, this would be huge.

Anyone know for sure?

Also, for the terror enchant, is the 20% defense reduction just for the person with the enchant or is there some debuff?
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yes it stacks with plaguefire, no it doesn't stack with other terror enchants, no it is not better than plaguefire in PvE and the weapon damage is too low even on perfect to finish someone off while they are soulforged. We had multiple people in guild test perfect terror and no one was impressed. CW's kept GPF, TR's kept vorpal

Yes it is better than vorpal in PvE, as is GPF. CW does not need vorpal for PvE lol...

Think in PvP:

VS. GF - 3500 defense, -700 defense, ~3-4% reduction
    VS GWF/DC - 2200 defense, -440 defense, ~2-3% reduction
    VS TR/CW - 800 defense, -160 defense, ~1-2% reduction

GPF while it may be bugged at 3% currently will be fixed to be 9% again and does more actual weapon damage with 3 stacks.

Edit: The 20% reduction is for everyone, so it would be worthwhile to have a terror if you already have a GPF. 12% weapon damage that is not mitigated at all will still not be as much as 22.5% weapon damage mitigated by defenses in all instances except very tanky GWF.

Also the fact that GPF continues to burn the target is awesome to dismount, bring TR's out of stealth, and stop healing from a potion if they disengage to grab one.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    verilosverilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    I did some tests on the lesser Terror. The debuff was pathetic. 1-2 %
  • Options
    curmuringcurmuring Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the explanation. I just have one question.
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Edit: The 20% reduction is for everyone, so it would be worthwhile to have a terror if you already have a GPF. 12% weapon damage that is not mitigated at all will still not be as much as 22.5% weapon damage mitigated by defenses in all instances except very tanky GWF.

Where do you get 22.5% weapon damage? I get that you are calculating 3 burn stacks for 3 seconds at 2.5%, i.e. 3x3x2.5=22.5. The tooltip says "Burn for 2.5% damage per second for 3s and reduce def by 15%, can be stacked 3 times." Suppose I hit someone with no stacks and to get my first burn and then hit him again 1 second later. Are you saying that after the second strike, I get 3 full seconds of burn at 5%? Or do I get 2 seconds of burn at 5% and then the final second back at 2.5%? If the latter is true, you won't get a burn of 22.5% of weapon damage only 7.5%.

Sorry, I can't test this until later tonight because I'm at "work."